PDA

View Full Version : QUICK NPH session before work Tuesday

ghetto dad
04-21-2009, 02:03 PM
Good afternoon,

Well, decided to do a last minute NPH trip, I checked the time, and realized that I would only have about 30 minutes of fishing time, since I had to go to work today. Should I, or should I not? I’m going fishin!!!

Got to NPH, finally found a parking spot for my truck, and walked on over to the spot I hit last time, where I lost a nice fish. Set up the D/S with an anchovy GULP jerk shad, walked to the water, and casted out. The tide was screaming out, so I had to adjust my casting to the right in order for my shad to hit the right area. Then started the slow twitch back to shore.

Third cast later, tap..tap……I set the hook hard and the fight was on! Immediately, I felt the solid weight of the fish, and the drag started peeling out. I expertly maneuvered the fish in between the mooring buoys, knowing that they have some nice rusted chain attached to them. Started gaining some line, and got it probably about 10 feet out, and AGAIN, the fish spit the hook!!! GRRRRRR!!! Unbelievable, same spot, same pig hook up, same result. Again, imo, it felt like a nice halibut. You’re lucky Vic!! :Smile: Lol….big fish wins again. That’s fishin!

Made another couple casts, tap..tap…set the hook!! I could tell that this fish was no where near what I had hooked a few minutes before, but it fought like a champ. Landed the beast, took a pic, and released it….sorry Geordy, I know it would have made some good tacos….but I catch and release!!

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i292/ghettodad/SDC10025.jpg

Gave it a few more casts, missed about 4 fish, and looked at my cell, it was time to head to Long Beach. I hate that….

I WILL get that fish, I do not care how many trips down there that I need to make. I promise!!!!

Thanks for reading guys and girls!!

GD

victor101
04-21-2009, 02:44 PM
Nice report GD..."real" men dont use gulp BTW...LOL j/k man

troutdog
04-21-2009, 02:50 PM
Nice job on the spotty GD, hope you get the mystery fish next time out!

TD

ghetto dad
04-21-2009, 03:34 PM
Nice report GD..."real" men dont use gulp BTW...LOL j/k man

wasnt that sandworm sticking out of that perchs mouth??:ROFL:

Nice job on the spotty GD, hope you get the mystery fish next time out!

TD

thanks TD....next time.......or the time after...or the time after that...i WILL get it!!!

GD

GeordyBass
04-21-2009, 03:39 PM
Landed the beast, took a pic, and released it….sorry Geordy, I know it would have made some good tacos….but I catch and release!!
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:
it's all about black seabass son,,,:Wink:

hakaveli
04-21-2009, 03:41 PM
man u a newport hoe now
Im NBU poach ur spot foo;)

ghetto dad
04-21-2009, 03:43 PM
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:
it's all about black seabass son,,,:Wink:

:ROFL::ROFL:

man u a newport hoe now
Im NBU poach ur spot foo;)

Like OG said, I jumped on the NPHBW (Newport Harbor Band Wagon)....lol....NPHBW!!!!! Im only 10 minutes from there....i might hit it tonight, tomorrow morning, tomorro night, etc...lol

GD

DEADROOTS
04-21-2009, 04:21 PM
It's so much fun hooking those!

Jaysuuun
04-21-2009, 05:56 PM
Hey nice going out there! I wish I were only 10min from there. Don't worry about those missed bites. Your hookup ratio will improve real soon. Beautiful Spottie!

doyoufishmuch
04-21-2009, 06:17 PM
WTG, keep it up! And dont worry about other people in that spot. Im sure that fish knows you by now and is waitin for ya in that same spot... Hahaha

ghetto dad
04-21-2009, 06:54 PM
Hey nice going out there! I wish I were only 10min from there. Don't worry about those missed bites. Your hookup ratio will improve real soon. Beautiful Spottie!

thanks jay...you seem to be really killing it out there...dont be afraid to hook a brutha up with some spots homie...:Wink:

WTG, keep it up! And dont worry about other people in that spot. Im sure that fish knows you by now and is waitin for ya in that same spot... Hahaha

:ROFL::ROFL: Im telling you...what are the chances of me hooking two large fish, same spot, diff day?? That fish is messing with me!!

GD

BIGRED KILLA
04-21-2009, 07:31 PM
Very nice Steve way to start work but that must be hard to leave when you are fishing. Nice job on CPR i wish Geordy could do that he says you can make tacos out of everything with a pulse. lol

Bigred

Santa Fe Eric
04-21-2009, 08:01 PM
Man! I'm envious of you guys living that close to NPH.
However, if I did I would probably be spending all my time and dimes at Irvine Lake or SARL LOL!

Nice work GD!

You guys kill Geordy! I love it!
Good Sport Geordy!

flyngby
04-21-2009, 08:28 PM
Steve,

Looks like you are the newest member of Team Spotted Fever!

Good luck getting the one that keeps evading you!

I am sure having fun with my birthday gift from my wife!

It is a Remote Control Submarine with 30lb. thrust, a grip arm and onboard camera and boy is it fun for messing with fisherman!:EyePop:

So next time you are there and get the great hookup look around you!:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Hope to see you out there soon!

Steve

ghetto dad
04-21-2009, 08:49 PM
Very nice Steve way to start work but that must be hard to leave when you are fishing. Nice job on CPR i wish Geordy could do that he says you can make tacos out of everything with a pulse. lol

Bigred

:ROFL:yes he does man...lmao...and TRUST ME...you dont know how many times i said "Ok LAST cast, I gotta go".....10 casts later,im still there...

Man! I'm envious of you guys living that close to NPH.
However, if I did I would probably be spending all my time and dimes at Irvine Lake or SARL LOL!

Nice work GD!

You guys kill Geordy! I love it!
Good Sport Geordy!

lol....yeah, but I still have yet to surpass you homie...thanks

Steve,

Looks like you are the newest member of Team Spotted Fever!

Good luck getting the one that keeps evading you!

I am sure having fun with my birthday gift from my wife!

It is a Remote Control Submarine with 30lb. thrust, a grip arm and onboard camera and boy is it fun for messing with fisherman!:EyePop:

So next time you are there and get the great hookup look around you!:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Hope to see you out there soon!

Steve

woo hooo!!! I am honored to have the legendery Steve himself reply on my report!!! I have upgraded....lol...thanks man....it prob IS you....:ROFL:

GD

Santa Fe Eric
04-21-2009, 10:58 PM
:ROFL:

woo hooo!!! I am honored to have the legendery Steve himself reply on my report!!! I have upgraded....lol...thanks man....it prob IS you....:ROFL:

GD

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk176/Santafeeric/Upgrade.jpg

Troutman65
04-22-2009, 07:16 AM
Nice going Steve. You will get that fish , Someday.:Razz: Thanks for the post & pic.:Smile:

Liteliner
04-22-2009, 09:49 AM
Nice spottie. Hope you get that big one soon. :Wink:

MikeAce00
04-22-2009, 01:33 PM
Nice Job GD! 10 minutes from the Bay....I'll just look for NPH reports from you daily. Maybe we should start a new forum, "GD's NPH Report" lol

Keep em coming,

Mike

ghetto dad
04-22-2009, 08:13 PM
Nice Job GD! 10 minutes from the Bay....I'll just look for NPH reports from you daily. Maybe we should start a new forum, "GD's NPH Report" lol

Keep em coming,

Mike

lmao....they will all be short and not many pics, unless I step my game up man....its hard for me to hit it 'when" i need to,mainly with the tides....i can only go when i can go....ima TRY to hit it tomorrow before work....thanks guys

GD

hakaveli
04-22-2009, 08:14 PM
fish fish fish

ghetto dad
04-22-2009, 08:16 PM
fish fish fish

tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow

GD

GeordyBass
04-23-2009, 03:51 PM
I've caughten tons of spotties that big....and they fight really nice!
Thats a perty one u have....:Smile: