PDA

View Full Version : Trout roe

jayfish0084
04-21-2009, 12:50 PM
Does trout roe work good for anything? I know you can your it for feeding the ducks (chumming the trout). But is it any good for bait. Catfish maybe??

pasadenafishin
04-21-2009, 04:06 PM
great bait for trout, alot of people us it a LNL

FISHINGBEE
04-21-2009, 05:45 PM
Does trout roe work good for anything? I know you can your it for feeding the ducks (chumming the trout). But is it any good for bait. Catfish maybe?? Dude trout roe fly lined no weight bail opened is like candy. I have used it for yearsand it out fishes any other bait . I freeze it and cut it into pieces on a teble hook. You cant throw it hard but a lob cast is the way to go. Its good till it turns black. Your not allowed to just gut a trout and use it the same day. You cannot beat it for sure it will work. I have also caught big carp and catfish on it. Even a few bluegills. The oil it sends out is the main reason. Fish can smell it from far away.Chumming is illegal so do not get caught. Give it a try and you will see for your self.

FISHINGBEE

TShaffer
04-21-2009, 05:49 PM
Never tried or heard of using it for bait. I will definately take that into consideration...

RoastedBlueGill
04-21-2009, 06:11 PM
i thought that using trout roe for bait was illegal. i know you can use salmon eggs, but trout roe, if it was legal, wouldn't they sell it at the local tackle stores?

seal
04-22-2009, 09:13 AM
i thought that using trout roe for bait was illegal. i know you can use salmon eggs, but trout roe, if it was legal, wouldn't they sell it at the local tackle stores?

I have seen it packaged at a tackle store, wish I could remember where but I know I've seen it.

Billy Bass
04-22-2009, 08:58 PM

Gee I wonder if any tackle stores carry that!
:ROFL: