PDA

View Full Version : Duct Skunk 0/2

yolo
04-21-2009, 11:59 AM
I like to post skunk reports as well as catch reports. So here is my report for 4/20 and 4/21. Yesterday 4/20/09 I met up with fishtaco to try our luck. We hit up several spots and nothing. Fishtaco had one follower. I didn't even have that. Did see a nice fish caught at our meeting spot right as I got there. It was 8 to 10 lbs but taco seemed to think it was 6 to 8. It was real fat so it could have been close to a DD. Well the day looked promising with seeing a fish right off the bat but unfortunately nothing for us. Great to meet you Eddie and it was a pleasure fishing with you. At least you got to see some of my secret/off the beaten path spots.

Today 4-21-09 I went out for a couple of hours and hit up a few spots. Nothing at the first 3 and at the 4th, I get a real nice follower. It was at the same spot that fishtaco had his follower yesterday but my follower was bigger http://www.hookupsportfishing.com/forum/images/smilies/blahblah.gif . That's it. No fish so I am officially 0/2. The water was flowing both days with the gates just under 1/4 open. Weeds are really starting to grow from the hot temps.

trail blazer
04-21-2009, 12:17 PM
WTG on the effort YOLO
youl be back on thelm in no time
THANKS for the report

tpfishnfool
04-21-2009, 03:53 PM
Sooo you are human.. Thanks for the lowdown. I think I will hit the west side for a bit when the sun lays down and try my luck at getting this skunk (0-4) off my back.
The Fin is getting old.

thepuma
04-21-2009, 06:04 PM
Thanks Yolo,
I went out last night for about 45 mins. myself @ Munz for NADA.. May go out tonight and try my luck again.
Thanks for the report. I always like reading your reports. True reports. The information on the skunk is just as important as the report of a catch IMO. It also says something about a individual. I think some folks post reports just to brag, they don't give up the "secret lake", "the secret lure or bait" retrieval patterns etc. and even go so far as to modify the photos to hide clues. Not much of a report by the time they are done posting. For some of these folks to post a SKUNK is unheard of. Keep it up! I will let you know how I do tonight.

yolo
04-21-2009, 09:10 PM
thepuma, thanks man. I have not been out far west for awhile. How is the weed situation out there? It gets worse the further down flow you get. Ave S to Littlerock is getting overgrown from the hot temps of the past few days.Getting harder and harder to work the lower water column.

tpfishnfool, anything this afternoon? My skunks are usually longer than my streaks. I know I am not alone in that. 0/4 is not bad at all. I have gone into the DD numbers with skunks.

tpfishnfool
04-21-2009, 09:39 PM
B.O. It stunk, Fished the west end of 60th to 70th from the leward side of the west wind. Thought I had a hit on the trap deep in the middle cause thats where I have been most sucsessfull in the past windy conditions but nada. the flows have slowed a bit but seems real good. Traps, Gulp minnows and threw some white bucktails for not. I think the morning bite is the ticket. The fish are there but maybe the heat and full sun has them feeding more in the AM. ?

TP

Tr1p0d
04-21-2009, 10:01 PM
0/2 ain't that bad man... Keep it up and you will be rewarded...