PDA

View Full Version : CDM Kelp Fun

Bowlfrogg
04-21-2009, 11:51 AM
So I was at work yesterday day dreaming of warm days and cold water. My poor Kayak sitting in the garage. Well, I called in sick to work today and headed down to CDM I was going to fish NPH but I wanted a couple big bass I could eat since we are having steak tonight. Anywho got out with the peak of high tide. Saw 3 other yakers out there, all with nothing. Did not make me to happy. But first cast BAM*** fish on.. 11 inch kelp bass. I knew it was going to be a killer day. After a couple more casts BAM... Fish on 14 inch Sandie. (In Pic) fished for 2 hours and caught 18 Bass only kept two for dinner tonight. It was the best sick day In a long time. going again Thursday just for some catch and release, if you wanna go PM me.. Sorry forgot cam in truck so had to take a pic once I got back.

ddrahn
04-21-2009, 05:11 PM
Good job on the bass. Just out of curiosity, what were you using for bait?

I hit up CDM yesterday morning from the walkway out to the end of the jetty but only hooked up with one good-sized black perch. Where did you launch your kayak from? My wife and I are thinking about kayaking the harbor on Sunday and have launched from 15th St. (I think) but am looking for some other launch sites (closer to the jetties would be good).

TShaffer
04-21-2009, 05:27 PM
Nice job on the bass. Hope they make a good dinner for ya, they sure are tasty!
P.S. Not trying to criticize but I was wondering is eating fish outta the harbor safe?

Bowlfrogg
04-21-2009, 05:30 PM
I would not eat anything from NPH but I eat from the CDM kelp paddies, Yeah it was fun.. I launched of the CDM beach, between the jetty and the rock. I park as far as I can, then its like .5 mile to the kelp and rocks. I was Using 3 inch white curly Tail grubs on 1/2 ounce lead heads.

ddrahn
04-21-2009, 06:24 PM
I didn't realize that you could launch directly off the beach at the CDM park.

Bowlfrogg
04-21-2009, 06:30 PM
Yeah, Ive never been stopped, had a lifeguard wish me luck.