PDA

View Full Version : is there any local lake with night fishing?

aoessand
04-20-2009, 07:31 PM
local being around Monrovia like within 20 miles?

92yj
04-20-2009, 08:00 PM
nope not legally

jerryG
04-20-2009, 10:47 PM
Castiac Lagoon which is probably more than 20 miles from Monrovia though. You can always give your local golf courses a try if you don't want to deal with drive.

JerryG

aoessand
04-21-2009, 12:35 AM
alright well if there isnt any within 20 miles how about farther? i just tired of the piers, too many people always seem to be around and tangle my lines too much... been wanting to try castaic just thats a bit far 50+ minute drive according to mapquest lol but i do wanna get there might have to try it some time this week

troutdog
04-21-2009, 12:40 AM
They have a night session from 5-11pm at Sarl every night...last year the Vine was open till 2am on Fri and Sat nights. Not sure thats your cup of tea, but its something to consider. Good luck out there.

TD

aoessand
04-21-2009, 01:22 AM
ya Irvine opens up for that around June i think i never been there at night but im def going this year, as for SARL never been there how is the fishing there? im guessing its a pay to fish every time like the vine? was try'n to get away from pay'n every time gets expensive lol but thanks for those suggestions TD also since my trip to Irvine during the week there is no way im going back on weekends any more lol

wethook
04-21-2009, 06:13 AM
I fish at fairmont park at night. Havent found a posted sign anywhere that says I can't, and no one has ever said anything......so you do the math.

sonarbp
04-21-2009, 07:19 AM
local being around Monrovia like within 20 miles?

Most of the Orange County park lakes that you can fish close at 10pm.

RoastedBlueGill
04-21-2009, 06:14 PM
you may have to become a ninja, and walk into the pud, or sneak into one of the rock quarries...

aoessand
04-21-2009, 09:11 PM
you may have to become a ninja, and walk into the pud, or sneak into one of the rock quarries...

i know alright ive already begun my stealth fishing practices lol, just gonna get a wet suit and scuba gear along with a spear gun and go after the big cats! rofl, i was just hoping for a local hole though for those nights i cant sleep and would rather be fishing lol geuss i just stick with the piers and try castiac.

troutdog
04-21-2009, 09:56 PM
ya Irvine opens up for that around June i think i never been there at night but im def going this year, as for SARL never been there how is the fishing there? im guessing its a pay to fish every time like the vine? was try'n to get away from pay'n every time gets expensive lol but thanks for those suggestions TD also since my trip to Irvine during the week there is no way im going back on weekends any more lol

Yeah Sarl is a pay lake too, fishing can be great at times and other times...not so much. The Vine can be the same way, but comparing the scenery is apples to oranges and the resident bass population is an option should the catfish not cooperate. I agree fishing the pay lakes can be expensive, but when I factor in the gas and money spent going to other lakes it is the best deal in the OC...the other option is Newport Harbor if you want to go that route.

What day did you fish Irvine? Granted Irvine can be a little crowded on weekends, this past weekend may have been the busiest of the year because of the WON tourney so don't judge it solely on your recent outting.

TD

MAN VS WILD
04-21-2009, 11:24 PM
Lincoln Park Lake is open at night. You just got to keep an eye out for the homies though. Stay on the side of Valley Blvd and you should be ok.

aoessand
04-22-2009, 03:10 AM
for the last few months was at Irvine every weekend but stopped cause of the tournament best time to fish the vine is during the week imo i hate it on the weekends but would go cause friends cant get weekdays off lol :EyePop: hmmm seeing as most people think im a homie anyway i could prolly be ok there lol is that the lake with the sheriff department right next to it?

freshorsalt
04-22-2009, 04:52 AM
i go ninja alot out here in oc also though if you are displaying your liscence not drinking or causing havoc a)the cops dont mess with you or b) they politely tell you the park is closed and you politely respond oh i'm sorry i didnt know that this is my first time here and you leave .... been doing it for years especialy in the upcoming warm summer months ...most times cops are looking for people causing trouble not fisherman ....also it helps to keep a low profile i only use a light when absolutely necessary and i dont roll with a posse, just me or maybe me and a buddy...

good luck,tight lines

bassassassin
04-22-2009, 11:13 AM
i go ninja alot out here in oc also though if you are displaying your liscence not drinking or causing havoc a)the cops dont mess with you or b) they politely tell you the park is closed and you politely respond oh i'm sorry i didnt know that this is my first time here and you leave .... been doing it for years especialy in the upcoming warm summer months ...most times cops are looking for people causing trouble not fisherman ....also it helps to keep a low profile i only use a light when absolutely necessary and i dont roll with a posse, just me or maybe me and a buddy...

good luck,tight lines

right on the money, thats the way to do it. the local bass are always on the chew at night when there isnt 8 million people by the lake feeding the ducks

MAN VS WILD
04-22-2009, 12:35 PM
for the last few months was at Irvine every weekend but stopped cause of the tournament best time to fish the vine is during the week imo i hate it on the weekends but would go cause friends cant get weekdays off lol :EyePop: hmmm seeing as most people think im a homie anyway i could prolly be ok there lol is that the lake with the sheriff department right next to it?

No I think that is Belvedere. This is in Lincoln Hts on Valley Blvd just before Soto St or after which ever way you come from. Very close to the 5 and 10 fwy. There was a thread in this same section a month ago where a couple of guys fished this lake at night and did really good.

RoastedBlueGill
04-24-2009, 07:25 PM
isn't that near el sereno, we used to put bass in that lake. if you go there at night, watch your back, and don't tell the homies your from el sereno......i think that is out of there territory. but vounty general is close by if anything happens to you.....

Sebastian323
05-05-2009, 01:48 PM
santa fe dam has a night fishing program about once a month during the summer. you can camp out and fish for the night. should go to the office at santa fe dam to check when the next one is

Sebastian323
05-05-2009, 01:51 PM
Lincoln Park Lake is open at night. You just got to keep an eye out for the homies though. Stay on the side of Valley Blvd and you should be ok.

the bass and cats bite good over there at night

occschemguy
05-05-2009, 01:57 PM
tri cities closes at 10:30 but the cops dont usually hasle u if ur being quite and are low key, and the neiborhood is nice.

B@$$[P][M][P]
05-07-2009, 01:54 PM
at santa fe moonlight fishing only the last friday of the month. from 6pm to 5am the next day.