PDA

View Full Version : small wild bows...too hot to handle

glock19fullauto
04-20-2009, 03:07 PM
Went up to the SGR to try for some trout this morning. Got there at 8am and started fishing with a Floating brown trout pattern rapala. The trout weren't even looking at my lure; but were jumping for some small critters on the surface. The size of the fish were very small. I just happened to bring my 6wt fly rod and tied on a 16 or 18 EHC. Took some time to find where they were boiling, but I hooked up to two really small bows. Very good color and a good fight for their size.

After they began to lose interest in my fly, I swtiched to a mini brook trout pattern rapala. On my 5th cast, I hooked up with another small one. For the most part, the fish are all the size of big shad, but brilliantly lit up and vibrant.

The hike was pretty hard today on my legs and body for some reason; age is finally catching up with me. The water level was very low and it was...well, warm...more like hot. And this was at 10am. I decided to stop at 11:30am and head back. I'm going to try East fork when it cools down, but if you guys want to catch larger fish, I'd suggest the Sierra opener. Nothing but little dudes here on the West fork

btw, can anyone tell me how to upload my pics?