PDA

View Full Version : Panfish at Yorba??

goodguy
04-20-2009, 12:12 PM
Hi,
Just curious if any of you regulars at Yorba have seen the panfish going off yet? Don't worry I'm a local and c&r everything I catch. Just want to get my daughter into some fish soon. You can PM me if you're more comfotable...

calico killer kevin
04-20-2009, 04:50 PM
I've never had any luck with the panfish at Yorba. Go figure...

richaaron
04-20-2009, 07:18 PM
Somebody already put all the fish in a pan. I haven't seen a gill in any of the lakes for years. Alot of that has to do with the water being turd brown. But even when the water in lake 2 clears up, I still don't see em'. Don't know what to tell ya' buddy. Take her to Laguna. That lake is loaded down with gill's... -Rich

sonarbp
04-21-2009, 07:27 AM
Hi,
Just curious if any of you regulars at Yorba have seen the panfish going off yet? Don't worry I'm a local and c&r everything I catch. Just want to get my daughter into some fish soon. You can PM me if you're more comfotable...

Yeah there are tons of gills in those lakes. Use a small single hook size 8 or 10 with a meal worm. Set a small bobber about 12 to 14 inches up the line. Have her cast about 10 feet off the bank. They are there but hard to locate cause of the water conditions.

Try either the small pond or the larger lake.