PDA

View Full Version : SARL Sun. Nite 4/19 search of Sleepwalkers

saintarv
04-20-2009, 10:59 AM
Since having this Monday off and I haven't fished in 3 months I wanted to go fishing Sunday nite no matter what. Got in my car and temp said 99 degrees wtf? LOL. Anyway got to the lake at 4:15pm and no one was in line then Jason told me to come right at the gate and I paid my dues. This was cool they let us in 45 minutes before it opened. As expected not too many people there maybe 10 cars or less. Got to my spot and set up a trout pole and catfish pole.

Half hour later my trout bobber starts to rise. Set the hook and bang bang (sorry Bob lol) Fish on! It was a fighter and I was being carefull cause I haven't fished 3 months and I didn't want to lose my first fish. It was a nice fish possible sleepwalker lol. I didn't think trout would be biting cause it was really hot but it turned out that's all I got were trout bites. No love from the Kitties. The bite was consistant every half hour or so. Farmed a few but did end up getting my limit by 8pm.:EyePop: I didn't even have to use my charged up lanterns. :ROFL:

Overall 3 nice size trout and 2 dinks. Fishing was better than expected. I was thinking catfish would be biting but it was the other way around. In fact there were a bunch of sleepwalkers jumping around in front of me when the sun went down. All fish caught on my P & M combo. My neighbor did well also and he was using PB with garlic scent.

It was great to fish again and I guess I still have skillz. It's like riding a bicycle you never forget how to ride.

Here's a pic of my fishies.

http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w348/saintarv/IMG_1717-1.jpg

GET DA NET
04-20-2009, 11:05 AM
Nice job on them bows. Glad you did well at that mudd hole.

yamafish
04-20-2009, 01:41 PM
Saint,
Nice report & pics! Kitties will be here soon enough.

rodger - yamafish

fishndrinknsmokin
04-20-2009, 08:14 PM
Nice to have you back from tax hell Saint! Glad to see you did well on your first outing back! I fished Friday night with a bunch of buddies and we got skunked so it looks like you still have that old Saint touch! Thanks for the report.

Redside
04-20-2009, 08:30 PM
Excellent report, that's the best I've seen there in awhile. My last three night trips to SARL have yielded a total of one 12" trout. It's been really tough for me there. If you don't mind, I do have a couple of questions:

- What does "P&M" stand for? I know you use that bait a lot at SARL from previous posts.

- Were the fish in close, or out deeper? I tried fishing mostly deeper, since it has been so hot lately.

I think I am done fishing trout there this year, unless it cools back down considerably and they keep planting trout.

Thanks in advance for any info.

CASTAWAY
04-20-2009, 08:32 PM
There you go Saint! That's how you lay down a *** whoopin':Smile:

Good to have you back and catching fish. Someone has to do it.:Smile:

Let me know when you want to hook up and slay......:Smile:

saintarv
04-20-2009, 11:01 PM
Nice job on them bows. Glad you did well at that mudd hole.

Thanks Bro!

Saint,
Nice report & pics! Kitties will be here soon enough.

rodger - yamafish

Thanks Rodger. Can't wait for the kitties!

Nice to have you back from tax hell Saint! Glad to see you did well on your first outing back! I fished Friday night with a bunch of buddies and we got skunked so it looks like you still have that old Saint touch! Thanks for the report.

Hey I'll see you there soon!

Excellent report, that's the best I've seen there in awhile. My last three night trips to SARL have yielded a total of one 12" trout. It's been really tough for me there. If you don't mind, I do have a couple of questions:

- What does "P&M" stand for? I know you use that bait a lot at SARL from previous posts.

Power eggs and giant mealworms.

- Were the fish in close, or out deeper? I tried fishing mostly deeper, since it has been so hot lately.

They were pretty close to shore.

I think I am done fishing trout there this year, unless it cools back down considerably and they keep planting trout.

It was pretty hot but the bite was hot also.

Thanks in advance for any info.

No prob. Always glad to help.

There you go Saint! That's how you lay down a *** whoopin':Smile:

Good to have you back and catching fish. Someone has to do it.:Smile:

Let me know when you want to hook up and slay......:Smile:

Let's do it! Thanks Casty!

Santa Fe Eric
04-21-2009, 01:39 AM
Dude You are the only one I know that can slay at that lake!

I'm thinking it is time for a 3 Amigoes night at SARL (seriously)

CASTAWAY
04-21-2009, 01:55 PM

I'm in!!!!!!!!:Smile:

saintarv
04-21-2009, 02:12 PM

Let's do it! :Smile:

ghetto dad
04-21-2009, 09:01 PM
Nice job saint...yea, u still look like you have truck trout skills homie!!!!

GD

troutdog
04-21-2009, 09:39 PM
Good to see you back at it Saint, I'm thinking Sarl is happy tax season is over.

You plan on going again anytime soon?

TD

saintarv
04-21-2009, 09:58 PM
Nice job saint...yea, u still look like you have truck trout skills homie!!!!

GD

Thanks GD

Good to see you back at it Saint, I'm thinking Sarl is happy tax season is over.

You plan on going again anytime soon?

TD

Thanks TD. I may check it out this Sat evening or next weekend. As long as trout is still biting I will be there at night. If not I'll wait til catfish season starts.