PDA

View Full Version : Bishop recommendations?

SDJHawk
06-17-2007, 10:10 PM
I will be taking my wife and daughter for some Eastern Sierra fishing and staying in Bishop for a few days. Any recommendations for good places to eat after fishing all day?
Thanks

DreStyle
06-18-2007, 01:19 AM
Go see Smitty at Parchers Resort. I've heard they have a killer restaurant at the resort. Never been there but I've heard it from enough people.

Also, if you're up Bridgeport way, there is this place called The Sportsman's Inn or something of that nature that has the best damn pork chops ever.

sierraslam
06-18-2007, 07:09 AM
Tom's Place if you go up the Sherwin grade.

fishinmagician
06-18-2007, 09:46 AM
Schatt's bakery can't be beat.....right in the heart of Bishop

Nessie Hunter
06-18-2007, 11:12 AM
Schatt's bakery can't be beat.....right in the heart of Bishop

DITTO ! ! ! :D

Icefish1
06-18-2007, 11:14 AM
Jacks, its right on the way as you pass through, best breakfeasts out there.

brn2fis
06-18-2007, 12:21 PM
Second Jack's also Schatt's. There is also a Mexican resturant about middle of town on the left hand side as you are going thru from LA direction can't think of the name but real good food.

Bashman
06-18-2007, 12:40 PM
Jack's has my vote also. Can't beat the food and price.

Bashman
06-18-2007, 12:41 PM
Jack's has my vote also. Can't beat the food and price.

tunaitch
06-18-2007, 03:42 PM
Was there this weekend with my wife and son. Great food and affordable.

187 South Main Street, Bishop, CA 93514.

High Sierra Junkie
06-18-2007, 07:28 PM
Jacks is the best for breakfast in Bishop. I think you will notice that from the numerous posts talking about it. The Chicken Fried Steak with the biscuit & gravy is the bomb!

For lunch, its a toss up. I'd almost say to just do something cheap and save your money for dinner. You can get sandwiches made at Schatts if you dont want fast food.

For dinner I highly recommend Amigos Mexican restaurant. Anything on the menu with "Pork Verde" inside is the hot ticket! If you feel like chinese food, the Imperial Gourmet is great! Its the only chinese food in B-town, and it is really good. It's on the 2nd floor of the shopping center across the street from the Ranger station (Yaney & 395). If you want Japanese food, hit Yamatani. They have great sushi, believe it or not. And they have other items as well (teriyaki, tempura, etc) and the prices are pretty reasonable. If you want pizza, Upper Crust is great. They are located in the Smart & Final center at the wye, right out in front of the K-Mart/Vons center. Whiskey Creek is pretty good too, but its pretty pricey. If you want BBQ stuff, you can try BBQ Bill Oneys. It's not the best in the world. In fact, it is almost like cafeteria BBQ, but if you want something like that (BBQ Chicken, beans, etc) then you can try it.

There are lots of places to try. But those are the better of the ones that I know of. Trust me, I am fat and I like to eat. Couple that with the fact that I have friends who live in Bishop and I go there all the time, so I have tried most of the places in town. I don't think you will go wrong with any of these places.