PDA

View Full Version : SpeedTwin,"1st time on cattle boat!" 4/19

GeordyBass
04-20-2009, 09:46 AM
I've never been on a cattle(or whatever they call em) boat....lol....My buddy Rez convinced me to go and we were off!

We got on the Speedtwin at 9am and we rigged up,then went to our 1st spot.Few hookups but nuthin' much so we moved on...

Next spot,Grouper/Boccaccio Attack!!Hookups Everywhere with live anchovies!It was really cool seeing everyone with bendos!And,for me nothing,some dude tangled me on the other side of the boat:Confused:...So I just cut my line off because he was fixing it,then I got back to fishing...I get a good bite then I set the hook,Hard!!Hookup!It was really heavy,and put a nice bendo on my Calstar!I got it in,and it was pretty nice!It looked like the jackpot fish,,,lol,,,Then dropped it back down...Bendooooo!Another nice grouper!I was so excited!Then my Dad hooked on a decent one too!Everyone Limited out,now back to squid fishing,,,We were catching lots of little rockfish and some other guys caught some nicer ones but nothing to brag about....

We moved on to the next and last spot and bendos on small fish for me and my dad....Rez got a really nice red rockfish,about 5 or 6lbs!There were hookups all over the place then some dude got a nice BENDO!He got a nice grouper!(Basstard!lol)...We all wieghed in to the jackpot,and I was 2nd place...damn!That dudes fish looked skinnier than mines...oh well:EyePop:

For my 1st time,I enjoyed it and look forward to going again...This boat is sick because the deck is all flat and level so you can fish anywhere in comfort!!!:Smile:

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii127/thebassmaster818/l_852a25ff34534c44882635384bcfbd59.jpg

(yes,date is incorrect...lol...)

olfishergal
04-20-2009, 10:07 AM
the speedtwin is a awesome boat and gives "caTTle boats" a beating. Its a cat so you can fish anywhere on it......truly one of my favorite ones to fish on........glad you had a good time. OFG

lang813
04-20-2009, 10:46 AM
Nice job, glad you had fun on your first trip out. I'm sure it wont be your last! I was on the SpeedTwin the day before you and it was packed! 77 anglers, or should I say tanglers!

thepuma
04-20-2009, 11:27 AM
Great report. I have never been on a boat like that during the day. Only at night time on the New Del Mar out of Marina Del Rey. It is a blast. I actually won the jackpot one time with a nice cuda.
Thanks for sharing!
Scott

Cangler
04-20-2009, 11:30 AM
Yeah they are a great 1/2 boat , came over to Capt Hooks from the
dark side last year ...

GeordyBass
04-20-2009, 11:56 AM
the speedtwin is a awesome boat and gives "caTTle boats" a beating. Its a cat so you can fish anywhere on it......truly one of my favorite ones to fish on........glad you had a good time. OFGThanks OFG!
This is a great boat,and maybe my favorite?:Smile:

Nice job, glad you had fun on your first trip out. I'm sure it wont be your last! I was on the SpeedTwin the day before you and it was packed! 77 anglers, or should I say tanglers!I agree,it was real fun for my 1st time experience...It was a fast boat too!My bud told me that it was really packed too,there was only 41 people sunday.:Razz:

Great report. I have never been on a boat like that during the day. Only at night time on the New Del Mar out of Marina Del Rey. It is a blast. I actually won the jackpot one time with a nice cuda.
Thanks for sharing!
ScottThats cool,I'm gonna be a regular to one was of these boats too,,,

Yeah they are a great 1/2 boat , came over to Capt Hooks from the
dark side last year ...
Hahaha...Theyre food and service is great,well worth it!:Envious:

kpn
04-20-2009, 12:00 PM
Great job out there Geordy, Dad & Rez. Now you're "hook" on the big pond :ROFL:. Congrats on the second place.......Too bad.....without the money :ROFL:.

KPN.

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-20-2009, 12:17 PM
Nice job out there guys...congrats on the fat fish...they are DEE-licious and you will enjoy them if you eat them fresh..

Looks like a fruit-full day

To bad about the jackpot but at least everyone caught fish...

They need to get out and do some surface action...or shallow water structure fishing...things should be clicking into gear out there..

Congrats on the catches....nice work,
Gary

GeordyBass
04-20-2009, 12:55 PM
Great job out there Geordy, Dad & Rez. Now you're "hook" on the big pond :ROFL:. Congrats on the second place.......Too bad.....without the money :ROFL:.

KPN.

thanks Mr. Khanh!!!!It was really fun,hope we can go again soon!Oh yeah,tourney is almost here!You should fill in the empty seat!
Nice job out there guys...congrats on the fat fish...they are DEE-licious and you will enjoy them if you eat them fresh..

Looks like a fruit-full day

To bad about the jackpot but at least everyone caught fish...

They need to get out and do some surface action...or shallow water structure fishing...things should be clicking into gear out there..

Congrats on the catches....nice work,
Gary

thanks gary boyyyy!Water is still 58* or so so it'll almost be time in a few weeks!

jim532
04-20-2009, 02:42 PM
It's probably been 8 years since I've been on the SpeedTwin, They used to run mid-week twighlights and there would be only 20 people on the boat.

JapanRon
04-20-2009, 05:55 PM
Hi Geordy Bass,

Congrats on a successful trip and hope you'll learn to love the moo-moos !!

JapanRon

BIGRED KILLA
04-20-2009, 07:27 PM
Looks like you had a blast out there look at that big smile lol. Very nice fish tho for your first moo moo.

Bigred

Bucket bay
04-20-2009, 07:34 PM
good job mi'jo your geting there, did your pop out fish you again.

GeordyBass
04-20-2009, 07:51 PM
It's probably been 8 years since I've been on the SpeedTwin, They used to run mid-week twighlights and there would be only 20 people on the boat.
it'd be cool if they had full day charters!Thats a comfy boat!

Hi Geordy Bass,

Congrats on a successful trip and hope you'll learn to love the moo-moos !!

JapanRon
Thanks JR,
They tasted excellent!When i dont feel like taking the whaler out,guess where I'm going?:Smile:

Looks like you had a blast out there look at that big smile lol. Very nice fish tho for your first moo moo.

Bigred
Thanks Luc-as,it was a blast fishing offr a charter boat!Didnt get seasick at all either!Woohoo Bonine!:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

good job mi'jo your geting there, did your pop out fish you again.
Not this time...Only 1 Nice grouper,,,lol,,,

DEADROOTS
04-20-2009, 09:30 PM
Yes little one, very well done! I'm proud you didn't puke! The tuna season is near!

GeordyBass
04-20-2009, 10:34 PM
Yes little one, very well done! I'm proud you didn't puke! The tuna season is near!

I'm not that little am I?lol....Yeah!Tuna time!!!!

cat_fishes1
04-22-2009, 01:26 PM
Great Job! I'm going out on the Speed Twin in a few weeks with some friends and I hope to do as well as you did.

Troutman65
04-22-2009, 02:32 PM
What Landing is the Speed Twin out of ?

Nice going on your catches. Thanks for sharing on FNN.

Hey Rez.:Smile:

GeordyBass
04-22-2009, 03:03 PM
Great Job! I'm going out on the Speed Twin in a few weeks with some friends and I hope to do as well as you did.

Good luck out there buddy,It's an awesome fishing platform and you'll fish in comfort anywhere you go!
What Landing is the Speed Twin out of ?

Nice going on your catches. Thanks for sharing on FNN.

Hey Rez.:Smile:

Thanks TM65!!It's off of Capt'n Hooks landing in channel islands harbor,,,

DEADROOTS
04-22-2009, 03:13 PM
Yeordy!! I lost the hat!

TroutOnly
04-25-2009, 07:14 AM
GEORDY ARE YOU NOW GOING TO BE A SALTDOG ?,,,,,,,I USED TO BE ONE,,,,,,t/o