PDA

View Full Version : LIBERTY Quick Report 4/19 (no pics) SCI

Rich and Noah
04-20-2009, 08:04 AM
Jumped on the Liberty Sat night with a light load (this boat is 90') at 9pm. Decided after dinner w/ the family I had to get out one way or another and called Berth 55 to see if this trip was a go. Barely got there in time. After a few brews, Texas Hold-Em and 3 hrs sleep, got to SCI at ~4am and started fishing. Only a few guys up before day light picking away at the rockfish.

The night before many guys were "wishing" for the elusive yellows but the crew had the skinny on the conditions and said the water was too cold. They mentioned that some nice lings were caught recently so I expected mostly bottom critters. BTW, the galley chef took our money from Hold-Em.

We fished mostly near the NW side of SCI in 90-100'. Guys used dropper loops, 4oz jigs, sliders, those $20 shimano lucanos lures (they seem to work), etc. and everyone caught their limit. We fished the kelp areas too getting some sheephead and calicos. Mostly avg. to above average size on the fish. 2 short Lings caught. At the end of the day (1-230pm) did a few drifts in deeper water yielding some more nice rockfish. A salmon grouper took the JP, and the nice halibut was not entered :( Got back to the dock around 8pm. Long day! Tired today!

Nice + good crew, big boat, lots of elbow room, decent conditions (little fog and wind at times) and nice folks on board the Liberty. I think this was their 2nd trip out this year. The Eldorado departed on a charter about the same time and hit SCI but I did not hear how they did.

The official report states:
Liberty
Sun Apr 19 2009, 05:45PM over night 19 people- 1 Halibut 13 Calico Bass 25 Sheephead 20 Whitefish 190 Rockfish

JapanRon
04-20-2009, 05:49 PM
Hi Rich and Noah,

Good job all around !! Most excellent report .... no pics ? That's ok

JapanRon

ghetto dad
04-20-2009, 08:45 PM
Great job man...I sold you your ticket by the way...lol....thanks for the report...great job

GD

Rich and Noah
04-21-2009, 11:34 AM
Great job man...I sold you your ticket by the way...lol....thanks for the report...great job

GD
Hey GD,

You work @ LB Berth 55? I was #18...

Pics next time, I was too busy catchin'.