PDA

View Full Version : Castaic 4-19-09

MonsterGuppy
04-19-2009, 11:57 PM
Got a late start, hit the water @10a with a ton of other boaters. Headed on down to the buoy line to check things out. Started off with a sardine chunk, and spent an hour or so casting some soft plastics. Only found some micro stripers stealing bait so decided to move up to the fish arm and troll for a bit.
As im getting to the end of my run my rod go's off, start reeling and see a nice fish on the surface about 30 yards out-but something did not look quite right. Get him by the boat and see another hook and line in his mouth, my line was just tangled. I look towards shore and see someone watching with a look that said please don't take my fish lol. The person shore fishing must have had some drag peeling to get the fish out far enough for me to tangle with his line. Did my good deed and untangled the lines, made sure his hook looked like it was good and stuck, let the fish go and yelled for the guy start reeling. Watched till he landed his fish and then watched him add it to a stringer with 2 more already on..Boater-0 Shore fisherman-3. still a very nice day on the lake :)

Santa Fe Eric
04-20-2009, 12:52 AM
I hear ya! On freshwater I am so much better at fishing from shore than from my boat!
In the salt, I do much better in my boat than on a pier or surf.. go figure!
The fun thing is to be fishing.
Great to have options. Nice Post! Keep at it!

kill_obet
04-20-2009, 11:11 AM
great job bru!!ull get ur turn one of this days..

Wingnut
04-20-2009, 11:45 AM
I feel your pain man, it was dreadfully slow out there on Sunday. :Neutral:

BUDdhaBIG
04-20-2009, 06:21 PM
you'll get 'em next time. thanks for the report.