PDA

View Full Version : So what happened at the Berkley Surf Fishing Contest.

one_leg
04-16-2007, 12:56 PM
So what happened at the Berkley Surf Fishing Contest at Huntington?

CatchthatTrout
04-16-2007, 01:20 PM
This is a question......... :nutkick:

It should go in the Saltwater General Message Section. :wink:
:angry:

Fisherman57
04-16-2007, 01:26 PM
After pre-paying for the event, I didn't get to go :cry: ...... BUT,

XTranzMan told me that more fish were caught at "Granny's Surf City Rumble" than at the Gulp tourney. :shock:

I'm sure the tough conditions made it hard on everyone, but I still got feedback that everyone had a good time!

Hey G-Fish......... you have all our beer still?......... or ya been tappin' the keg? :lol:

rcfb73
04-16-2007, 02:02 PM
300 hundred anglers, and about 25 fish cought. conditions made it a really tough day. really windy, big surf, and STRONG current.
good day meeting some fellow FNN'ers, Xtransman, fishsum, and a couple others past and present. alotta free stuff and the raffle was amazing. too bad i didnt win anything, but they raffled off some niceee stuff. all in all it was a decent day getting out there and getting some lines wet.

theres the report.

one_leg
04-16-2007, 02:11 PM
Ha Ha I made you answer a question in a reports section.
I just thought no one would answer a surf report question in the general section.

Thanks, I feel better now. Knowing that I wouldn't have probably caught a thing helps.

xtranzman
04-16-2007, 03:05 PM
300 hundred anglers, and about 25 fish cought. conditions made it a really tough day. really windy, big surf, and STRONG current.
good day meeting some fellow FNN'ers, Xtransman, fishsum, and a couple others past and present. alotta free stuff and the raffle was amazing. too bad i didnt win anything, but they raffled off some niceee stuff. all in all it was a decent day getting out there and getting some lines wet.

theres the report.

I would have to agree with all the above.

Current was pretty crazy early. I thought sapen was going to be washed out to sea on a couple of occasions.

I didn't win anything either. I really had my eye on one of those sand spikes or maybe one of the GPS units.

Was cool to meet ya rcfb73! :thumb:

Dana, you were pretty damn close in saying that we caught more at the rumble. I think we might have been pretty close.

We met a reporter from the Western Outdoor News that took our pic's and names so that he could use them in his story. I guess we will see later this week.

X

one_leg
04-16-2007, 03:09 PM
We met a reporter from the Western Outdoor News that took our pic's and names so that he could use them in his story. I guess we will see later this week.

X

Were you flying your Team 57 colors at the time?

xtranzman
04-16-2007, 03:17 PM

X

Were you flying your Team 57 colors at the time?

Alan,

Do you think I would hit the water without my 57 shirt??? :roll:

The 57 colors were on display for all to see!!! :thumb:

X

IslandBoi
04-16-2007, 03:30 PM
So I guess I didn't miss out on much other then free stuff....

I was stuck at a dang babyshower all day, ARGH!!!!!

I'm getting fishing withdrawls

haven't wet my line in over a week now

Granny Fish
04-16-2007, 10:41 PM
After pre-paying for the event, I didn't get to go :cry: ...... BUT,

XTranzMan told me that more fish were caught at "Granny's Surf City Rumble" than at the Gulp tourney. :shock:

I'm sure the tough conditions made it hard on everyone, but I still got feedback that everyone had a good time!

Hey G-Fish......... you have all our beer still?......... or ya been tappin' the keg? :lol:

~ :beer: ~ :food: ~

Oh, your beer is safe with me :wink:

bsp
04-18-2007, 05:56 PM
It was fun but not many fish caught. I saw a total of five caught in the area where I was. The raffle was sweet an I won something called a Pro-Pack. It came with some neat stuff but my favorite was the little container of Crawfish Smelly-Jelly. I was standing next to a family of three who all had Team 57 T-Shirts on and I remember that the son had on a Granny's Surf City Rumble shirt and both father and son had on waders. Maybe they were sapen, xtranzman, and sint holo? Great event and I will be at the next one.