PDA

View Full Version : DVL get new rental boats yet?

CandR
04-19-2009, 04:47 PM
Feel like those rental boats are going to sink.

DarkShadow
04-19-2009, 06:30 PM
Compared to other lake's rentals, what would u rate dvl's as?

UCR's Fishman
04-19-2009, 07:36 PM
DVL's boats are actually pretty good. Corona's boats are in much worse condition. Over at irvine lake, the boats aren't much better - ive had them breakdown on me.:mad: At least the boats at DVL are controlled by steering wheel.

HuskerRod
04-19-2009, 08:56 PM
Generally the boat itself and the outboards are good at DVL. However, my last rental had a motor that was an absolute dog and the one before had a motor that would stall in idol every time. Now where you run into problems at DVL is in the trolling motor and electronics with the deluxe bass boats. Generally, the trolling motors die an hour into your trip and the finders are good for bottom readouts, but not for fish finding. Stick with the basic bass boat rental.

rod

The Angler
04-20-2009, 01:56 AM
DVL's boats are actually pretty good. Corona's boats are in much worse condition. Over at irvine lake, the boats aren't much better - ive had them breakdown on me.:mad: At least the boats at DVL are controlled by steering wheel.

Yea Coronas Pontoons are pretty bad seems like they just got some plywood Then welded some rodiron fencing on it 2 weeks ago a couple members of my family were fishing out in corona and almost sank in a pontoon boat. I guess two of my uncles were standing in the front of the boat and the driver started going the boat went front end straight into the lake. One of my uncles went knee deep in water everyone had to run to the back of the boat to shift the weight to get the front up out of the water. The funny thing is on saterday we went and we avoided that pontoon at all costs, Later in the day we seen some guys on the same boat and it happened to them also.

JHDucky
04-20-2009, 04:29 AM
I also think the pontoons at Corona need a lot of TLC to make them look better, but as far as going nose down in the water I did the same thing with a really good looking pontoon on a family vacation one time on Lake Mary in Mammoth. Those pontoons are newer, and cost A LOT more to rent per day than at Corona, but the same thing happens when people are on the front part and the driver gives it gas to move.
Just my thoughts
JHDucky

fish4anything
04-20-2009, 07:47 AM
DVL has the best rentals. Nice flat-bottom boats that can handle the chop out there!

The Angler
04-20-2009, 02:31 PM
How much are the boat rentals at DVL?

Sierra_Smitty
04-20-2009, 06:33 PM
Yea Coronas Pontoons are pretty bad seems like they just got some plywood Then welded some rodiron fencing on it 2 weeks ago a couple members of my family were fishing out in corona and almost sank in a pontoon boat. I guess two of my uncles were standing in the front of the boat and the driver started going the boat went front end straight into the lake. One of my uncles went knee deep in water everyone had to run to the back of the boat to shift the weight to get the front up out of the water. The funny thing is on saterday we went and we avoided that pontoon at all costs, Later in the day we seen some guys on the same boat and it happened to them also.

I don't know about Corona's but we have 4 pontoons in our fleet and the manufacturer has a notice warning people not to be on the front of the boat while the boat is moving. It's just physics and has nothing to do with the boat. I thought it would be common sense that putting a bunch of weight in the front and then hitting the throttle would cause a nose dive but apparently not....

Sierra_Smitty
04-20-2009, 06:37 PM
Feel like those rental boats are going to sink.

It's been four years since I last rented a boat there but back then they were probably the best rental boats I'd ever seen. Not exactly pretty but great fishability.

Where have you seen better rentals?

dodoman
04-20-2009, 08:13 PM
talk about MAYDAY, MAYDAY try silverwood toons.
when you go fast, the nose dives, has no reverse somtimes, or you can also here water in the floats.
skinner isnt all that bad.

d.v.l. are nice and in good working order.

Redside
04-20-2009, 09:59 PM
It's really a shame what has happened to the rental bass boats at DVL, they were first class when they were new. I think a lot of the damage occurs when they tie them up in a big wind and they bang against each other, it really tears them up. They need to have a better system to tie the rental boats up when the chop is 3 feet. (which is often at DVL)