PDA

View Full Version : Big Bear Lake 4/17

Mojave River Angler
04-18-2009, 11:34 AM
Water temp at big bear is getting close to optimal so we were doing a little pre-season recon this weekend. A buddy and I started out on the point at west of the marina on the east end at sun up. My buddy got the skunk off early with a samll cat that we returned safely. No other action there, so we decided to move at 9:30 over to the point off the marina. There were a couple of guys out there already but plenty of room for more. We decided to cast off the left side toward the dock. As soon as I had my second line in the water my first pole line was going out...so I picked up that pole...and then the end of pole 2 said DOINK, sheesh two on in less than 2 minutes. With two small trout on the stringer in a few minutes I was feeling like maybe we were on to something. My buddy pulled in two very nice trout...about 2 lbs. each a little later. The bite shut off completely after noon. We just played head games the rest of the day. We pulled out about 6 pm. for some fantastic chineese food in Lucerne Valley at China House.

We talked to a lot of people passing by and fisherman. It seems that the warming weather is bringing the bite back a bit and with more warm weather on the way next week, the trout should really come to life. Other fisherman were reporting similar results as we had. The boats were doing no better than the guys on shore too.

Other notes:

Vessels inspections for mussels are required for all watercraft.
Carp round-up is June 6-7 for you archers.
Trout Derby is May 30-31...there is a $50,000 fish out there somewhere.

MRA