PDA

View Full Version : Late San Diego Report

fishnFF
04-17-2009, 03:03 PM
I was down visiting from WA in the early part of this month and got a chance to head out with my brother of "his" boat. We went out of Mission Bay and tried the Point Loma Kelp not much doing except my wife caught her first sand bass. Then we made the move to the La Jolla Kelp and found a drift that was GOLDEN! It produced a lot of fun fish. We got lots of rockfish, ocean whitefish, mackerel, one spanish mack, one tiny octopus, and I got a 22" lingod. All were CPR'ed except for some of the bigger rockfish, as my brother need to replenish his fish taco meat supplies. Had a blast and made me wish it was not so damn cold here in WA.

ghetto dad
04-17-2009, 03:42 PM
Nice report man...great job!!

GD

JapanRon
04-17-2009, 04:54 PM
Hi fishnFF,

Wait a while .... global warming is coming !!

Good job on the fishys.

tsurikichi

flyngby
04-17-2009, 08:53 PM
Tim and all,

Sorry we missed the opportunity to get you out with us but looks like you had fun with the family and enjoyed some great weather compared to way up north!

I noticed one thing though that runs in the family and your bro has no excuse as he is in SD.

The White fish have a better tan than the 2 of you and they also get waxed!:ROFL::ROFL:

Joking, you will never see me with my shirt off as I look a whole lot worse!:Bawling:

If you can come down here and fish in that atire there is no excuse for not providing an Out-of-State report from Wa.

Chere,

Great job on a nice Sandie and what looks like the boat Jackpot!!!!!

Take care and stay safe !!!!

Steve

fishnFF
04-18-2009, 11:10 AM
Yeah the lack of tan is pretty bad, but hey I am just trying to steer clear of skin Cancer, you are right...he has no excuse except that he is stuck in an office and suit all day. And I have seen you with no shirt so tread lightly! I thought you would comment on my "winter weight" :ROFL: Hopefully we will be able to get back soon. I know I have a 16 day in july and a 16 day in August. The out of state reports are coming soon. weather is starting to turn and I am determined to get expand my species count this year. As for the jackpot fish I am pretty sure it was this one