PDA

View Full Version : Not a bad day

PUDD MASTER BAITER
04-17-2009, 07:56 AM
Work was slow.decided to go to the pudd around 11am.. The bass were presant in a lot of areas. Lots of guys fishing in a few of my favorite spots, trying to get the lmbs,with no success. Waited till they gave up/ first cast with a drop shotted ,mini green weenee 3" custom poured worm , rewards me with a nice 2 1/2 lbr. A couple of minutes later a 2lbr. Then i hook a real fighter 3lb 6oz lmb, shaped like a football.she put up a good fight with my 6lb leader. The people who had been there all day, couldnt believe it. Then i hear an older guy ,talking on the phone telling his friend he caught only 1 trout,since 9.30am .i guess some genius,who got lucky , gave him a 3lb lmb ,and he would be feasting on it later. What are you going to do.its frustrating ,but you cant make people c@r. I then decided to fish for red ears .i noticed some feeding on white nats. I got a small white dry fly ,with the 3wt fly rod ,and 2lb leader ,and lost count after 12 nice red ears. It was a rush to see them take my fly on the surface. I had great day at the pudd hole ...god bless and peaceout ....... Mike the pmb.....

joebass
04-17-2009, 08:22 AM
way to go pmb.is it still free or are they charging yet to get in? thinking of going 2day.thnx

Simplyeman
04-17-2009, 10:24 AM
sounds like you definitely have that lake mastered.

kill_obet
04-17-2009, 01:10 PM
great job out there!!

FishBalls
04-17-2009, 03:02 PM
Nice post - gotta hit that place up again.

a biley
04-17-2009, 08:54 PM
sucks about the 3 lb being given out for dinner... but GJ on your fish.

ghetto dad
04-17-2009, 09:20 PM
great job Pudd......

GD

springFISH
04-17-2009, 09:55 PM
Good job out there today, PMB! I was there in the cove near the swim beach for a while at lunch time with no action. I saw one bedded, but didn't mess with it.. Tight lines!

Wingnut
04-17-2009, 10:39 PM
Awesome job with the Panfish on the fly gear Mike... gotta to try it myself one of these days. You need to get yourself a camera. :Wink:

smokinflies
04-18-2009, 12:27 AM
yup, you need a cam. reports are useless without pics. i guess we can let this one side. J/K

good job at pudd. blues on flies are sooooo much fun. i need to get out there again.

mpmayhew
04-18-2009, 12:17 PM
Hey great job PMB! I was wondering whether the Pudd held any sizeable panfish. Haven't had much luck myself. I guess now is the time, though, to get them from the shore?? sailboat cove or the piers, which would you suggest I try first?

PUDD MASTER BAITER
04-20-2009, 07:15 AM
Thanks for the repleys. That day was a freak luck of nature . The pudd died again ,the lake is starting to turn over. The pan fish ,and bass are late on arrival. I went to the spot ,i got the red ears, and there were only dinks left. I cant tell you how many times ,i tell the regulars ,who will take any fish they catch ,the benifit for releasing all fish ,in that pressurd small body of water.. Dont worry ,they will be complaining after the big red ears,and crappie, are fish out ,2 weeks after they show up.those guys take giant baskets, of big breeders every year, and then when its all fished out ,they dont bother to fish for the summer. As far as pictures im not into this modern tech thing. Thats why i write my threads with detail. You can make your own picture ,of my events.its like not reading a novel because theres no pictures, a mind is a terrible thing to waste.thanks again for the replys.god bless and peace out.... Mike the pmb.....

joebass
04-21-2009, 04:07 PM
no pictures mean your "report" =

http://www.jeremyinc.com/images/cow_dung_pie_crap_pooh_delivery.jpg

:ROFL: :EyePop: :ROFL: :Twisted::Twisted: :ROFL: :EyePop: :ROFL:

PUDD MASTER BAITER
04-23-2009, 07:43 AM
The purpose of this site. Not to be insulted, or basically, be called a liar. I dont need to prove what i catch.the members who know me ,and have fished with me no i dont b.s. About my catch. Im not going take any pictures, and wont even know how to post them .its a baby boomer thing.

marc626
04-23-2009, 01:02 PM
The purpose of this site. Not to be insulted, or basically, be called a liar. I dont need to prove what i catch.the members who know me ,and have fished with me no i dont b.s. About my catch. Im not going take any pictures, and wont even know how to post them .its a baby boomer thing.

Thanks for the report. You've got skillz. You have nothing to prove. N/J!