PDA

View Full Version : Late report from LB 4/13

HESBROS
04-16-2009, 09:43 PM
The bro and I met John (Klocked) at Davies in Alamito's at 0530. There was some patchy fog so we took out time putting the boat in the water and making our way out. Stopped by Nacho's and got a more than generous 1/2 scoop of dines mixed with Mini-macs. The paln out the door was to go look for lings then flatties. On the way out to the Double Rigs we stopped by Izor's Reef to check it out and give Lal (Tailman One) a report as he launching and heading north. I got a nice sandy and sculpin there, and one lost mystery fish that took bro into the reef. From there we headed to the Double Rigs, we dont have much experience fishing for lings so this was a first, especially up there. Got out there and we were in 200 ft, dang thats deep, we tried a few drifts and moved a little but never got a bite, nor found what looked right, like I said, it was new to us. From there we made a few moved and ended up outside the sho on a unnamed wreck for a couple sculpin. Then we went to the sho for nada, but we did not put much effort into it there. From there ended up back at Izor's Reef where we got some more Sculpin, and Nice Sheep Head, and John got rocked by what was a nicer fish taing drag (Next time John). We got boarded and checked by the DFG at Izors, nice guys, making some rounds. From there we hit the beach off Sunset, which produced nothing. Maybe you were right john, shoulda went into shallow water? From there we hot lB Harbor and Cherry Beach for Nada. Then we fished Alamito's bay for Spotties, which did not want to play. We were off the water by 1730, 58 miles round trip. Here are some pics.

John enjoying the ride out!
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm172/ehesbol/IMG_1572.jpg

Sandy
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm172/ehesbol/IMG_1573.jpg

Scully
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm172/ehesbol/IMG_1575.jpg

Fat Scully!
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm172/ehesbol/IMG_1576.jpg

Another
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm172/ehesbol/IMG_1577.jpg

Here is Rich's big Sheep!
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm172/ehesbol/IMG_1578.jpg

If Sculpins were the tartget, we would have done fine. It was a nice day out there!

klocked
04-17-2009, 09:34 AM
Once again I had a great time aboard the Hesbros. That big fish that rocked me has no idea how long I've been thinking about it.......... Revenge would be sweet. The DFG were very polite: Eddie.... "would you like to see our fishing licenses?", DFG: "yes please, if you don't mind"

That Sculpin that Rich caught was so fat its eyes, and something else, looked like they were about to pop:ROFL:
Thanks again Eddie and Rich, it's a refreshing change of pace everytime you guys invite me aboard!

Klocked

JapanRon
04-17-2009, 10:04 AM
Hi HESBROS,

Very nice report. Details make a story an adventure to me. Nice fishys whatever the target.

Waaaay better late than never.

Thanks,

JapanRon

JapanRon
04-17-2009, 10:08 AM
Hi klocked,

Nice fishys !!

DFG guys were nice but ..... why would they want to actually have them in hand when everybody knows the regulations say the license is to be displayed above the waist (of course you guys abide by the regs) and in plain view ?

Wierd but .....

JapanRon

HESBROS
04-17-2009, 11:16 AM
Hi klocked,

Nice fishys !!

DFG guys were nice but ..... why would they want to actually have them in hand when everybody knows the regulations say the license is to be displayed above the waist (of course you guys abide by the regs) and in plain view ?

Wierd but .....

JapanRon

Ha Ha lol. I guess I will admit that is one regulation we dont follow very well. We keep ours stowed. The nice DFG guys forgot to to cite us or mention that regulation to us.....It was kinda funny when one officer asked if we had any fish on board, and I pointed at the bait tank and said "yep, in there". His reply "thats all you have is bait?".......

Oh yeah, and I guess if you were not too bust being lost you would have met the nice DFG Officers on the "Rubber Ducky"!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!

klocked
04-17-2009, 12:32 PM
Hi klocked,

Nice fishys !!

Wierd but .....

JapanRon

Hi JapanRon,

Thank you sir!

A few times when I've fished the surf and had the DFG approach me, they've asked to see my license even though I wore it around my neck.
I guess they wanted to read what was on it... and before handing it back to me they asked me what my DOB is. I really don't mind, it's only a few seconds out of my life.

Getting caught not wearing them while on the boat, I really expected alot more trouble from them but it didn't happen that way. :Smile:

Jaysuuun
04-17-2009, 05:06 PM
I never understood the whole point of displaying your license when they are going to ask to see it anyways. The only thing that should matter is if you have a license or not. I guess we should also wear our driver's licenses around our necks for the next time a cop pulls us over and asks to see our license. Doesn't make any sense.

Sorry to hear that the lings and halis did not want to play. Good job on the other species though. Looked like a nice calm day to be out there. I always wondered if there were spotties in alamitos bay. Hmmm.. might have to try it out sometime. :Wink:

fishnFF
04-17-2009, 07:06 PM
Nice work on those Sculpin. Rich got a fatty! That thing looked like the Bhudda of sculpin. Nice sheephead too. Even though you may not have got the desired target fishes catching is always fun.

tim

HESBROS
04-17-2009, 07:06 PM
Sorry to hear that the lings and halis did not want to play. Good job on the other species though. Looked like a nice calm day to be out there. I always wondered if there were spotties in alamitos bay. Hmmm.. might have to try it out sometime. :Wink:

Well if they are there, we did not find them. It looks like they should be there, and there is plenty of structure and docks to fish from boat. Perfect for a small boat (hint hint Steve).

The wind was up in the afternoon, we were drifting through Alamito's at .9 to 1.0 MPH. But it was still nice!

HESBROS
04-17-2009, 07:08 PM
Nice work on those Sculpin. Rich got a fatty! That thing looked like the Bhudda of sculpin. Nice sheephead too. Even though you may not have got the desired target fishes catching is always fun.

tim

I had a good time just taking John out, you know how I am about taking people out. What happened to you and spring break?

chilibeast
04-17-2009, 08:35 PM
NICE! looks like a good time.

megafisher94
04-18-2009, 09:37 AM
nice job! all i ever catch is tom cod out there...