PDA

View Full Version : upper bishop creek , s. lake, sabrina, info needed

riverbud55
06-17-2007, 06:25 PM
Ok time to turn my cat boat :o in to trout boat :oops: (hate them scales ya know) and crawl out of the desert and make a trip up to gods country :D for the week of the 4th of july

going to try and get a spot at camp sabrina love fishn the creek,, never had a boat before and need some info on fishn from a boat on the lakes up there,1st ? are 2 strokes still alowed up there? see peeps troll dont think ill be doing that 2 much, need some ideas on diffrent fish metheds, always did my fishn from shore with power bait with water filled slip sinker and a few luers and flys,, been thinking of taking the time and try and target the browns (need some size ya know :lol: :lol: ) not to sure about the best way to hook up with the browns

what ya use for equipment, line size ect. i'm thinking i can leave my tiger rods with abu bg7000's on um at home :P :P

any and all info will be of great help folk's and if ya ever want to hook up with a big flathead cat just give the ol riverbud a buzz

thanks ya all and good fishn to all

fishinmagician
06-18-2007, 09:49 AM
If you fish Sabrina or South Lake, aim for the back of the lake where the streams come in. As for hunting browns......good luck. the numbers of browns have been few and far between. I usually use 6 lb flourocarbon and throw big baits.

tunaitch
06-18-2007, 03:46 PM
Definetly get a boat and go to back of the lake, where the inlet's are. 2-4 pound test line, a small split shot weight and salmon eggs always work for me.

As far as boats are concerned, I didnt get much feedback on whether or not 2strokes were allowed (posted on general). I did take my 2 stoke boat up to the sierra's this past weekend and did not have any problems getting into Crowley or Convict. I am sure the rest of the lakes are the same, but if not you can always hit these two up!

Good luck!

Captainklinger
06-18-2007, 05:17 PM
The answer is yes about the 2 stroke. But Be careful about taking your motor above about 6000 feet they need a diffrent jet to run above that altutide. We just use our trolling motor and keep 2 batterys for our 16 foot alum. The rewardes a very good and the view is to die for. Go at day light and you will have the lake to yourself untill 730. To cold people dont get up

willis949
06-18-2007, 09:38 PM
Berkley Gulp "chunky cheese" small split shot and 5' leader.

uscjeffer
06-19-2007, 10:53 AM
Yes 2 strokes are allowed up there no problem.

South Lake the launch ramp is inaccessible as the water is too low. So don't plan on launching from South unless you plan to carry the boat into the water.

As for Sabrina the main inlet is usually the hotspot, but get there early. It gets crowded very fast and will resemble fishing Salmon up north (no joke) was up there this weekend and we spotted 10 people from shore and 6 from boats fishing the small area.

The fishing at South and Sabrina have been very slow...maybe a few plants and warmer water will get the fish active again.