PDA

View Full Version : Input on truline d-8

THROWBACK RANGER
04-16-2009, 09:05 PM
Hey fishermen, i need your input. I'm about to load up on trulines and i need to know if anyone has ever heard of a d-8 that is longer than 8'?(8'4" to be exact) and if so was it common or is it another model? All input is appreciated, thanks!!!

tunafisherman
04-17-2009, 11:49 AM
I have a truline D8 great rod. I've had it since I was 16 years old I'm 53 now. Mine is 8ft. even. They may have made some later models that could have been over 8 ft. I don't fish mine any more it's hanging on my wall.

SamFisher
04-17-2009, 12:06 PM
Not unusual at all to have a D8 over 8'. Actually, the early models were all over 8'.
It was hard to find an 8' D8. It wasn't until later that they cut the rough butt ends
to make it an even 8'.

SamFisher

THROWBACK RANGER
04-17-2009, 07:30 PM
thanks a lot guys!!!

jerryG
04-18-2009, 01:40 AM
Trulines have remained extremely popular among local Sport Boat Crew members and hardcore Saltwater Anglers alike for many years (decades). Trulines went out of production when the owner and creator of Truline Rods passed away back in the early 90's.. Demand for these rods has remained high while availability has remained scarce. Needless the value on popular models (D8, 89, LM8, LM9, 36, TNT) has gone through the roof over the years. Even more so for the octogon variety. They went back in to production for a brief period of time in the early- mid 90's and although the second generation Trulines looked like the originals they were junk. If you have a chance to pick up some Trulines for a reasonable price do it... If you don't like them you won't have much of problem selling them at a premium price..

Jerryg