PDA

View Full Version : Madden Steps Out Of The Booth

Santa Fe Eric
04-16-2009, 05:13 PM
Today Madden stepped out of the booth. I learned alot about football from John Madden. Sure he got teased and clowned a bit toward the end of his career in the boot, but his body of work is as impressive as anyone ever associated with the game of football. I wish Madden well as he dedicates the rest of his life to sitting with "the wife."

Who do you think should be his replacement?

I'm going with Chris Collinsworth

troutdog
04-16-2009, 05:19 PM
Carrot Top would be pretty cool....but Collinsworth sounds good too. Big no to Jim Rome...fan of his show, but don't need him on Sundays too.

Sure gonna miss "now watch this block on the line backer to spring the wide reciever on the end around....BOOM!"

Turducken anyone?

TD

DarkShadow
04-16-2009, 09:31 PM
TBS playoff viewers just let out a cheer.

DarkShadow
04-16-2009, 10:20 PM
Oh, and Frank Caliendo is now at the unemployment line.

The Angler
04-16-2009, 11:16 PM
Madden was the man.

He is to football what chick hearn was to the lakers.

Scoring Machine
04-20-2009, 08:42 AM
I'm going with Chris Collinsworth

I'd second that one...

Troy Aikman is alright when he's not calling Cowboys games.

I like Dan Fouts but I like him a lot more calling college games, the booths of him with Keith Jackson were really entertaining before Keith lost his fastball.

Santa Fe Eric
04-21-2009, 01:41 AM
I'd second that one...

Troy Aikman is alright when he's not calling Cowboys games.

I like Dan Fouts but I like him a lot more calling college games, the booths of him with Keith Jackson were really entertaining before Keith lost his fastball.

SO true! So true!

Phil Simms is my second go to guy. He used to be annoying to me, but somehow he grew on me!

City Dad
04-21-2009, 05:11 PM
I think Dan Marino or Bob Costas would have been better than Collinsworth. Ever seen his interview from the Florida days in which he referred to himself as "this 'ol gator"? He's still kinda a blow-hard IMHO... but anyone is better than Dierdorff - I could carve a better commentator out of cheese.

blueovalboy7
04-27-2009, 11:42 PM
I'm going to have to go with Jim Rome, Madden was a character, and I enjoy Rome is burning and he too is a bit of a character so I wouldn't mind seeing him in the booth.