PDA

View Full Version : School trip fishing question

pasadenafishin
04-16-2009, 03:19 PM
I have a school trip in may and we are rafting in the Colorado River. I argued and am now allowed to bring a fishing rod. We start out right by the hover dam and go down black rock canyon, anyone know what kind of fish are here?? What should I fish with? (this is a school trip, NO bait)

Ricky-Ray
04-16-2009, 03:44 PM
Trout would be my best guess. http://www.coloradofishing.net/species.htm

trashetanush
04-16-2009, 03:53 PM
I was watching TV yesterday and they were showing some of the species in the rivers. They said the Stripers are taking over these rivers. They also showed some ancient fish with a big hump back which was an endangered species. Also, Alot of trouts probobly.

fish ful
04-16-2009, 04:45 PM
i would take a rooster tail, castmaster and some mini jigs. a 2 or 3 piece rod and spinning reel would work good. Good luck.

Bo_Star
04-16-2009, 04:53 PM
I know in the topock George there is Some trout , Stripped bass Northen Large mouth bass,
Small mouth Bass, Crappie, Blue gill, Catfish and Carp All prefers Anchoives...
Being you can not take any Bait I would try a jig in the back waters or a White Swim bait in the main river.

recnpark
04-18-2009, 03:53 PM
If your dropping in at Hoover dam, you will find trout south through Willow Beach. From willow south to lake Mojave, you will find a mix of trout and striper. Trout worms in bright colors work well as well as power bait. For the striper use small swim baits and hope you don't tie into a larger fish. Lake Mojave has trout, striper , sunfish, crappie and bass. There are also tons of carp.

pasadenafishin
04-21-2009, 06:23 PM
alright thanks for the info, i'll just bring my trout stuff

GeordyBass
04-21-2009, 08:08 PM
I have a school trip in may and we are rafting in the Colorado River. I argued and am now allowed to bring a fishing rod.
Lucky!!!My school sucks!I havent gone one trip yet....lol....

Take Kastmasters,mini jigs,crappie jigs,salmon eggs,powerbait or nitro(Also nitro garlic scent!)...for LMB take Robos and DS weight and you'll be set,,,good luck bud,,,:Smile: