PDA

View Full Version : Dodger thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

troutdog
04-15-2009, 11:02 PM
Another season is upon us and although there are concerns about the pitching staff especially with Kuroda on the DL already, I'm confident the Blue Crew will repeat as NL West Champions. I'm not sure if it is the pathetic sf giant line up, but either way Billingsly's 11 Ks Monday and Kershaw's 13 tonight look really good in the box score. Add Wolfs 2 hitter through 7 innings, a solid effort by Stults vs the D-backs and things don't look all that bad. Be great to get Kuroda back soon and possibly add another arm....Pedro? We shall see!

Orlando Hudson has been amazing thus far, Ethier and Kemp should be rock solid and Manny will do his thing as usual. Furcal's ankle looks to be a thing of the past, Martin is a top 5 catcher and Loney should be fine at 1st.

Great come back victory on Jackie Robinson Day against the hated ones this evening, wtg boyz!

So far so good......

THINK BLUE

TD

City Dad
04-16-2009, 07:01 AM
i'm hoping some team(s) will throw in the towel early and the Dodgers will be able to pick up another arm - at least for the pen, at most for the rotation - without having to deal Loney, Kemp, Ethier or Martin...

but yeah, last night was schweeeeeet

baadfish69
04-17-2009, 06:14 PM
Ahhhhhh.....I got me a new PC and am back just in time to talk Dodger baseball...woohoo!

Off to a nice start, though much can be attributed to the sweep of a VERY LOUSY Giants team. Man they look horrible. However the boys in blue look good nonetheless. The Dodgers should run away with the division if you ask me, and if the pitching holds up....this team can win alot of games and go deep into the playoffs.

It sure is nice to have baseball back. Nothing like sitting back listening to Vin call a game.

Ahhhhh yes.

troutdog
04-17-2009, 06:21 PM
Was wondering what happend to you BF69, good to see you back on the board...GO BLUE!!!!

TD

VineAssist
04-19-2009, 07:48 PM
Lets see I was going to say under 79... But I will be nice and say about 90... But I still say the boys in red will win more.

fishaddicted
04-19-2009, 08:25 PM
Angels rule!!!!!!!!

DarkShadow
04-19-2009, 09:38 PM
Angels rule!!!!!!!!

Yep, the Halos look great!

They're avoiding the injury bug, the starting pitching has been surprising the pundits, the younger players are starting to mature, and the off season acquisitions have been paying off.

Wait, no. Sorry. I must have been thinking about the Dodgers.

Carry on.

troutdog
04-20-2009, 01:49 AM
Lets see I was going to say under 79... But I will be nice and say about 90... But I still say the boys in red will win more.

You wanna bump it up to $100?

TD

SoCalGuy7
04-20-2009, 08:22 AM
I see the myopia has taken over! I thought it would be clouded with the Laykees playoff run right now, but I guess not!

Yes, right now the doyers are playing well against the historically worst division in baseball...oh wait, they've only played the west so far...?

Smarter fans might wait until they have played some good teams...:Wink:

But, I forgot we live in myopia........

Two weeks into the season and you are already calling the doyers "murderers row".......:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

It amazes me every year, and I don't know why I don't get used to it....

doyer, and raider and laykee fans think "we are going all the way" instead of "we really look good this year, I think we have a good shot"

When in actuality it's a long season, anything can happen and more times than not your team never get to the final playoffs...

Which in turn makes you look bad, again.... have some restraint once in a while and save some face....

SCG7

DarkShadow
04-20-2009, 09:16 AM
I see the myopia has taken over! I thought it would be clouded with the Laykees playoff run right now, but I guess not!

Yes, right now the doyers are playing well against the historically worst division in baseball...oh wait, they've only played the west so far...?

Smarter fans might wait until they have played some good teams...:Wink:

But, I forgot we live in myopia........

Yeah, a I believe a few posters have mentioned that we've played horrible teams.

...I'm not sure if it is the pathetic sf giant line up, but either way

...Off to a nice start, though much can be attributed to the sweep of a VERY LOUSY Giants team. Man they look horrible.

You know, I'm beginning to think you don't read anybody's posts when it comes to the Sports threads and you have these banal rants against the Dodgers, which mention the same points over and over, ready to go on Notepad on your computer, for a quick Copy - Paste.

(And BTW...the AL West: Not looking so hot themselves. Seattle winning the division? I dunno about that.)

Two weeks into the season and you are already calling the doyers "murderers row".......:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Hmm...after doing a "Search" on the thread for your quote of "murderer's row," I can't seem to find anybody that dubbed them that.

So far so good......

The boys in blue look good nonetheless.

Yes, both posters did say that we'd run away with the division, but according to you, the NL West is weak. Why is that comment so out of touch with the reality of situation, that you yourself agree to?

And furthermore, I don't see anybody calling them "Murderer's Row," that you put in quotes. I think the myopia might be with your eyes, as you are quoting something that was never posted.

[/B]It amazes me every year, and I don't know why I don't get used to it....

doyer, and raider and laykee fans think "we are going all the way" instead of "we really look good this year, I think we have a good shot"

When in actuality it's a long season, anything can happen and more times than not your team never get to the final playoffs...

I really still can't see anybody posting saying we would "go all the way" which essentially is winning the World Series.

All I see is a few posts congratulating the Blue on a good start, some insightful Angel fan postings as usual, and then your diatribe, that sounds like last season's diatribe, which sounded like the season before last's diatribe, which sounded...

Which in turn makes you look bad, again.... have some restraint once in a while and save some face....

SCG7

I do agree with you here.

I too miss Badfish2, FNN's most astute Angel fan.

troutdog
04-20-2009, 09:53 AM
SCG7......FNN's official "Rally Flunkie"

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj285/troutdog_photobucket/socalbobble.jpg

"Make noise and he will come" :ROFL:

TD

DarkShadow
04-22-2009, 08:10 PM
1. Glad to see Man Ram's earning his keep.

2. Glad to see the bullpen still sucks.

We're gonna have to score 8 runs a game in order to go .500.

Great job, Blue Crew.

baadfish69
04-23-2009, 12:35 AM
1. Glad to see Man Ram's earning his keep.

2. Glad to see the bullpen still sucks.

We're gonna have to score 8 runs a game in order to go .500.

Great job, Blue Crew.

Ill tell ya what.....the Dodgers offense (for once in my life) doesnt worry me one bit. Im really not too concerned with the starting pitching either. But boy you nailed it about the bullpen. Broxton looks nasty as heck...but the rest worry me. They comeback....take the lead and again...cant hold it. That is frustrating.

troutdog
04-23-2009, 01:30 AM
The bullpen will come around....the club is in great hands and has an offense to carry some of the load until the problems are ironed out.

Hang in there guys...especially you Archie "DarkShadow" Bunker :Wink:

TD

DarkShadow
04-23-2009, 09:19 AM
Hang in there guys...especially you Archie "DarkShadow" Bunker :Wink:

Oh, I definitely will.

While it's a fantasy to expect EVERYONE in the line up hitting the ball well, I am waiting for both Loney and JMartin to come around.

Pitching? So far so good. Billinsgley and Kershaw both look like they're stepping their game up, Wolf has been surprisingly decent, and both McDonald and Stultz have come outta no where to do a decent job. Cannot wait to have The Samurai Kuroda back though.

Our defense looks great. Aside from Manny losing fly balls in the sun, we have played great defense.

2 funny things about yesterday's game...

1. The ball Manny hit that still hasn't landed.

2. Torre electing to go with an over worked Belisario, a right hander, against a left handed hitter, Berkman, when he had Kuo warming up in the pen. I guess he doesn't believe in lefty/lefty match ups. Then, Belisario throwing a wild pitch [I]during/I] an intentional walk? I even had to laugh at that one.

City Dad
04-23-2009, 01:00 PM
Oh, I definitely will.

While it's a fantasy to expect EVERYONE in the line up hitting the ball well, I am waiting for both Loney and JMartin to come around.

Pitching? So far so good. Billinsgley and Kershaw both look like they're stepping their game up, Wolf has been surprisingly decent, and both McDonald and Stultz have come outta no where to do a decent job. Cannot wait to have The Samurai Kuroda back though.

Our defense looks great. Aside from Manny losing fly balls in the sun, we have played great defense.

2 funny things about yesterday's game...

1. The ball Manny hit that still hasn't landed.

2. Torre electing to go with an over worked Belisario, a right hander, against a left handed hitter, Berkman, when he had Kuo warming up in the pen. I guess he doesn't believe in lefty/lefty match ups. Then, Belisario throwing a wild pitch [i]during/I] an intentional walk? I even had to laugh at that one.

There's a Yankee fan in our office who has been telling me for the last year and a half that Joe can't manage pitching...

so, is he right?

haven't been able to watch any games or read much the last couple days, but it seems to me that last night and the night before both involved some very young pitchers.

you thoughts

DarkShadow
04-23-2009, 01:20 PM
There's a Yankee fan in our office who has been telling me for the last year and a half that Joe can't manage pitching...

so, is he right?

I dunno, I *guess* you can make an argument, especially if you look at each move that doesn't turn out the Dodger's way under a microscope.

That's the intricate part about analysis of a pitching staff. Whenever you make the correct move, it's never analyzed. The only thing that gets analyzed on Sportscenter is if the pitching move ends up back firing.

A good example was Clayton Kershaw's 2nd to last start. He was dealing, had a dozen Ks, but the minute Kershaw gave up a long bomb, Torre pulled him. Nevermind he was throwing a no-hitter before then. In comes the bullpen, and out goes the lead we had.

People would say, "Why didn't he leave him in there?!"

Well, after 105 pitches, I think Torre felt it was necessary to pull him. Personally, I don't want a young arm like that being overworked, else Kershaw end up flipping burgers at In N Out 2 years from now.

IF the bullpen does their job, nobody brings up why he pulled him. But because Hong Chi "The Status" Kuo, and company could not do their job, you start questioning moves like that. Is Kuo tanking Torre's fault?

In any case, I never did watch the Yankees enough to have a clear idea on whether or not Torre manages his arms in the Bronx well.

From his stint in LA, though, I have seen a bit of over-managing, and him pulling starters a bit prematurely, and also using certain individuals from the pen way too often, leading me to believe they eventually do get over worked. Look at what happened to Cory Wade...

Hitts0n
04-24-2009, 05:38 PM
I think imma become a Dodger fan ! Baseball is kinda boring.But after basketball,what am I going to watch? So lets go Dodgers let go !

troutdog
04-24-2009, 10:33 PM

so, is he right?

He sounds like a Yankee fan alright, just ask him who he would rather have managing his team. Joe Torre is about the best the game can offer and you have to consider the respect he commands on and off the field....look how he squashed the riff between the older and younger players last season that had become a huge clubhouse problem the prior season, damn even Manny has been "a good boy" thus far. So okay he makes a questionable move here and there(gimme a break what manager doesn't?) big deal, I'll take his knowledge/experience and the intangibles he brings to club.

I think imma become a Dodger fan ! Baseball is kinda boring.But after basketball,what am I going to watch? So lets go Dodgers let go !

Was this before or after you voted the Dodgers were going to win less than 79 games? It was actually reassuring to see both you and Bing had voted that way, I equate that to O_L and Adrian from Phenix voting the Lakers win less than 49 games :ROFL:

Alright show me some allegiance Hitts....I am expecting to see a post with a pic of you holding a fish rollin some Dodger gear very soon. Just be ready for Jimmy to give you some carp for not joining Halo Nation :Wink:

Dodgers are "0wning" the NL West right now....nice win in Colorado tonight!

THINK BLUE

TD

olfishergal
04-24-2009, 10:44 PM
TD we need to get to a game together..........I am a die hard fan......goooo Dodgers!!!

troutdog
04-24-2009, 10:49 PM
TD we need to get to a game together..........I am a die hard fan......goooo Dodgers!!!

I know you bleed blue OFG, lets pick a date and go cheer on the Dodgers....I have a great ticket connection, so just lemme know when is good for you!

This thread is NOW official :Wink:

TD

The Angler
04-25-2009, 01:03 AM
I know you bleed blue OFG, lets pick a date and go cheer on the Dodgers....I have a great ticket connection, so just lemme know when is good for you!

This thread is NOW official :Wink:

TD

U should just start a Official Dodgers thread for you and your dodger fans. since this was just to pick how many wins.

troutdog
04-25-2009, 02:31 AM
U should just start a Official Dodgers thread for you and your dodger fans. since this was just to pick how many wins.

Kinda like the Laker thread with a similar poll that has well over 100 comments?

Actually I think you should start an official Yankee thread, since the one I started for you was "unofficial" :Wink:....Go RedSox!

TD

SoCalGuy7
04-27-2009, 06:55 PM
NOT SOCAL's predictions, but, from an actual website...

http://accuscore.com/mlb/articles/mlb-playoff-shifts-week-3/

DarkShadow
04-28-2009, 01:34 PM
NOT SOCAL's predictions, but, from an actual website...

http://accuscore.com/mlb/articles/mlb-playoff-shifts-week-3/

The Dodgers have a 46.8% chance to win the division as of this week, which is +14.7% higher than any other team in the National League.

AND, they have a 52.9% chance to get into the playoffs, which is +15% higher than any other team in the National League.

I'll definitely take that.

Thanks for the computer generated analysis, SoCalGuy. I thought you'd scour the web to look for statistics to downplay the Dodger success. Didn't think you'd find stats stating the opposite.

SoCalGuy7
04-28-2009, 10:18 PM
The Dodgers have a 46.8% chance to win the division as of this week, which is +14.7% higher than any other team in the National League.

AND, they have a 52.9% chance to get into the playoffs, which is +15% higher than any other team in the National League.

I'll definitely take that.

Thanks for the computer generated analysis, SoCalGuy. I thought you'd scour the web to look for statistics to downplay the Dodger success. Didn't think you'd find stats stating the opposite.

Just calling it like I see it!

Like Broxton with the bases loaded, man that was hard to watch!:ROFL:

DarkShadow
04-29-2009, 09:14 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=Av4uEeUk.SN2YlXmpmjoBPoRvLYF?slug=ti-powerrankings042309&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/ted_keith/04/23/power.rankings/index.html?eref=T1

https://baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=8781

We're doomed.

City Dad
04-29-2009, 09:57 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=Av4uEeUk.SN2YlXmpmjoBPoRvLYF?slug=ti-powerrankings042309&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/ted_keith/04/23/power.rankings/index.html?eref=T1

https://baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=8781

We're doomed.

GD MFers!!! I hate it when they do that! I'm agnostic, but I still consider that **** a jinx... and I know those GD East-coast/Mid-west sports hacks are doing it on purpose!!! #1 in the power rankings while going .500 on the road?!?! WTF! Totally a malicious act IMHO, totally!

C'mon Cali, meditate with me:
Anal fissures on Sox and Cubs

The Angler
05-01-2009, 12:06 AM
After watching this game I am very content with the Dodger bullpen

TD

Hahaha

Mcdoanld with 4 staright walks today???:ROFL:

troutdog
05-01-2009, 02:01 AM

TD

Hahaha

Technically McDonald is currently a starter, not in the bullpen....although that may have already changed! :Wink:

The bullpen actually did a great job if you wanna check out the box score, scattering 6 hits and only giving up 2 earned runs in 7.1 innings.....for the win!

TD

DarkShadow
05-01-2009, 06:51 AM
Hahaha

We'll trade you JMac for Chien-Ming Wang.

City Dad
05-01-2009, 09:57 AM

TD

Hahaha

m'kay, The Angler, for you:

"Burns 101"

1. Make fun of another's team when they lose.

2. Make burn funny or clever or both.

3. Delivery should be dead-pan - do not laught at your own jokes - and especially do not laugh at your own un-jokes.

4. Some knowledge of the sport your discussing might be helpful - eg. the "starting rotation" consists of "starters" - the bull pen is where the pitchers (the guys who throw the ball towards the "batter") who "relieve" the "starters" reside until called to do so.)

But most importatntly,

6. Don't give up!!! Keep at it lil'sprout and one day you'll make an interesting post all on your own! ;)

troutdog
05-01-2009, 09:59 AM

"Burns 101"

3. Delivery should be dead-pan - do not laught at your own jokes - and especially do not laugh at your own un-jokes.

4. Some knowledge of the sport your discussing might be helpful - eg. the "starting rotation" consists of "starters" - the bull pen is where the pitchers (the guys who throw the ball towards the "batter") who "relieve" the "starters" reside until called to do so.)

But most importatntly,

6. Don't give up!!! Keep at it lil'sprout and one day you'll make an interesting post all on your own! ;)

"I think I can...I think I can!" :ROFL:

TD

City Dad
05-01-2009, 10:35 PM
Duaner! 123

The Angler
05-01-2009, 11:21 PM

"Burns 101"

But most importatntly,

No Need my post was straight to the point. No need to sugar coat it.

brando123
05-02-2009, 01:22 AM
You made a point? hmmm i guess everyone on here missed it then.

baadfish69
05-03-2009, 05:56 PM
How bout them Dodgers eh?!

After todays win, the Azul broke an all time franchise record of 10 straight home game wins to start the season. Pretty cool.

Poor Padres. The Dodgers sat Furcal, Manny, Martin and Blake, and the Padres still couldnt win. Oh yeah, this also marks the first time the Dodgers have ever swept the Padres in a 4 game series. Wasnt too long ago that I hated facing the Padres....they always seemed to have the Dodgers number. My how times have changed.

Anyhow, so far so good. The Dodgers are doing what they SHOULD be doing, and that is beating up on the NL West.

Good times!

City Dad
05-03-2009, 06:13 PM

ZING! and the one-liners are flying fast and furious now!!!

(and also "suger-coating" means making something negative easier for the other person to hear... which is the opposit of slamming someone's favorite team)

but do keep trying!

DarkShadow
05-03-2009, 08:09 PM

http://www.mensjournal.com/brian-cashman

:Cool:

The Angler
05-03-2009, 08:22 PM
ZING! and the one-liners are flying fast and furious now!!!

(and also "suger-coating" means making something negative easier for the other person to hear... which is the opposit of slamming someone's favorite team)

but do keep trying!

Yea theres no need for me to write done tons of stats to try to make people belive im some kind of baseball stat guru. So why sugar coat what i was saying with stats of the whole freakin game there was no point. All i said is he walked 4 straight! is that to hard for u to understand?

SoCalGuy7
05-03-2009, 08:39 PM
Do the doyers only play the NL werst all season? Oh I see they play the lowly Nationals, soon....

troutdog
05-03-2009, 10:48 PM
This just in...the Dodgers are a very solid home team thus far.

Do the doyers only play the NL werst all season? Oh I see they play the lowly Nationals, soon....

Yeah Torre got to write the schedule for being such a great guy....

TD

baadfish69
05-04-2009, 12:22 AM

Hater. Dont be jealous.

SoCalGuy7
05-04-2009, 09:01 AM
Hater. Dont be jealous.

I am jealous that my team doesn't get to play the regional jr. college quality teams.....:LOL:

Looks like an easy schedule until June-July soak it up while it lasts......

You cannot say they have played ANY good teams so far.....:ROFL:

City Dad
05-04-2009, 09:19 AM
yea theres no need for me to write done tons of stats to try to make people belive im some kind of baseball stat guru. So why sugar coat what i was saying with stats of the whole freakin game there was no point. All i said is he walked 4 straight! Is that to hard for u to understand?

and what i'm trying to say is that if you really must insert yourself into a thread intended for dodger fans it would at least be considerate to make your "contributions" entertaining instead of boring. Is that so hard for you to understand?

take socal guy for example;

I am jealous that my team doesn't get to play the regional jr. college quality teams.....:LOL:

authority figure/childhood trauma issues aside, SoCal is able to make a (relatively) funny and arguabley correct observation.

We're just asking, if you're gonna come to the park, TheAngler, at least do us the favor and make the effort to step up your game.

SoCalGuy7
05-04-2009, 10:30 AM
and what i'm trying to say is that if you really must insert yourself into a thread intended for dodger fans it would at least be considerate to make your "contributions" entertaining instead of boring. Is that so hard for you to understand?

take socal guy for example;

authority figure/childhood trauma issues aside, SoCal is able to make a (relatively) funny and arguabley correct observation.

We're just asking, if you're gonna come to the park, TheAngler, at least do us the favor and make the effort to step up your game.

No, none that I can recall.....:ROFL:

Thanks?

Angler, you have to come into this thread old school George Foreman style, arms crossed over your face, blocking all the punches, with your elbows!

There are too many myopic fans that think they are going all the way EVERY year and everyone knows, that rarely happens.....

It's all good fun anyway!!!!!!

City Dad
05-04-2009, 11:35 AM
Thanks?

Hey, when you're right you're right... taming the NLWest is like taming a box of free kittens...

I don't expect that the Cards or the Phils will allow themselves to be Happy Valley-ed the way the Pads and the Rockies have...

and Weaver back in the rotation? Bleh...

troutdog
05-04-2009, 06:10 PM
There are too many myopic fans that think they are going all the way EVERY year and everyone knows, that rarely happens.....

It's all good fun anyway!!!!!!

I still have yet to find any Dodger fan post a thread here on FNN, jumping up and down at the start of the year saying "we are going to win it all this year BRO!!!"

Season after season you continue to confuse the fine members of this board with your pack a day Marlboro red smoking, multi-pack Monster drink slamming, IE raider fan, coworkers in the warehouse....it is REALLY humorous though!

"myopic" ...dude that word is sooo Jim Rome from like 8 years ago, time to move on already SoCalGal! :Wink:

TD

SoCalGuy7
05-04-2009, 07:10 PM
Hey, when you're right you're right... taming the NLWest is like taming a box of free kittens...

I don't expect that the Cards or the Phils will allow themselves to be Happy Valley-ed the way the Pads and the Rockies have...

and Weaver back in the rotation? Bleh...

TD, I don't have time to search the threads there was plenty of myopia going on last year when you best player manroid came to the HOOD, I mean LA!

I'm sorry myopia is a hard word for you and you had to look it up.....sorry sista!:Secret:

:ROFL:

troutdog
05-04-2009, 07:47 PM
All I recall hearing was you and DarkShadow making Manny rental comments the 2nd half of the season and how he was only going to be a Dodger for a couple months....once again YOU WERE WRONG!!!

Thanks SoCalGammons! :Wink:

TD

SoCalGuy7
05-04-2009, 11:12 PM
All I recall hearing was you and DarkShadow making Manny rental comments the 2nd half of the season and how he was only going to be a Dodger for a couple months....once again YOU WERE WRONG!!!

Thanks SoCalGammons! :Wink:

TD

At least you are realizing it...finally...

It's been discussed at length...you might want to check, there is a small economy problem in the nation and even "can't run with a hat on" mrs. ramirez didn't get the contract he wanted....no one else wanted him, you win again by default....:Secret:

You are so bitter today does it have to do with the Lakers choking game one .....? Or King James being MVP?

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

City Dad
05-05-2009, 08:57 AM
I'm sorry myopia is a hard word for you and you had to look it up.....sorry sista!:Secret:

Me luk up "Use of 'MYOPIA' on a sports thread" on Wikipedia. This what me see on page.

"The use of 'myopia' on any thread devoted to discussion of sports is a well-known coded message for 'Hey, truckers, the Tony Awards party is at my apartment this year!'"

me still no understand...

Atlaua
05-05-2009, 09:31 AM
You'll have to forgive SoCalGuy7 - apparently "myopia" was the secret word on Pee Wee's Playhouse this morning, and he can't wait to tell his friends!

http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/9536/secretword.jpg

troutdog
05-05-2009, 11:16 AM
At least you are realizing it...finally...

It's been discussed at length...you might want to check, there is a small economy problem in the nation and even "can't run with a hat on" mrs. ramirez didn't get the contract he wanted....no one else wanted him, you win again by default....:Secret:

You are so bitter today does it have to do with the Lakers choking game one .....? Or King James being MVP?

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Gimme a break...the economy was in just as bad shape in August as it is today, yet you made no mention that this "could" be a factor in Manny's fate....and now you want to use it as a security blanket for an excuse rather than admit you were simply wrong? "SHOCKER"

As far as the Lakers go(see laker thread, this is a Dodger thread hater)

SO HOW ABOUT THOSE DODGERS BABY!!!

5 game winning streak....11 in a row at home to start the season and the best record in the MLB.

Are the Royals really a top the AL Central?(here come the excuses) :ROFL:

THINK BLUE

TD

City Dad
05-05-2009, 12:45 PM

5 game winning streak....11 in a row at home to start the season and the best record in the MLB.

THINK BLUE

TD

Weaver returning to the Blue rotation tonite... who'd a thunk? Just hope Dodgers continue to try and come up with hommade solutions to pitching problems rather than mortgaging the future...

really anxious to see how we fare against the rest of the league... hope the Astros series was not a preview...

have tickets for Sunday... and it's against friggin' Lincecum. So, TD, what do you think the chances of seeing the Dodgers win 1 - 0 on Mothers Day are?

Hitts0n
05-05-2009, 02:07 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/recap?gid=290504119

NICE JOB!! :Cool:

troutdog
05-05-2009, 03:16 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/recap?gid=290504119

NICE JOB!! :Cool:

And the beat goes on.....

TD

DarkShadow
05-05-2009, 03:54 PM
SoCalGuy has a point.

We can't count our chickens before the eggs hatch, lest we want to become the Angels of 2008.

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/8940/angelfail.jpg

SoCalGuy7
05-06-2009, 01:53 AM
Gimme a break...the economy was in just as bad shape in August as it is today, yet you made no mention that this "could" be a factor in Manny's fate....and now you want to use it as a security blanket for an excuse rather than admit you were simply wrong? "SHOCKER"

As far as the Lakers go(see laker thread, this is a Dodger thread hater)

THINK BLUE

TD

Since you love back threads so much! Check out the date on this post....:EyePop:

11-03-2008, 07:40 AM
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/image.php?u=30738&dateline=1230558628 (http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/member.php?u=30738) SoCalGuy7 (http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/member.php?u=30738) http://fishinghotpage.com/forum4/images/statusicon/user_online.gif

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/images/icons/icon1.gif
I've heard the Royals will do a mini "Rays" this year and have quite a few more wins...

http://fishinghotpage.com/forum4/images/misc/progress.gif http://fishinghotpage.com/forum4/images/buttons/edit.gif (http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=260917) http://fishinghotpage.com/forum4/images/buttons/quote.gif (http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=260917) http://fishinghotpage.com/forum4/images/buttons/multiquote_off.gif (http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=260917) http://fishinghotpage.com/forum4/images/buttons/quickreply.gif (http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=260917)

SoCalGuy7
05-06-2009, 01:56 AM
SoCalGuy has a point.

We can't count our chickens before the eggs hatch, lest we want to become the Angels of 2008.

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/8940/angelfail.jpg

So true DS!

I apologize to all doyer fans for stereotyping you all into "Raider Fan" personalities......

I see now, it is only Troutblog.....:ROFL:

SoCalGuy7
05-06-2009, 02:19 AM
Hey TD,

I don't mean to go all Gammons on you but maybe you've heard of a guy named Greinke? Could be the key to the KC surge this year(so far)....

45 innings, 3 CG (that's complete games TD) 0.40 ERA ( THATS EARNED RUN AVERAGE, TD)

http://mlb.mlb.com/stats/individual_player_gamebygamelog.jsp?c_id=kc&playerID=425844&statType=2http://mlb.mlb.com/images/trans.gif

TD, you've been a little angry lately, you alright? Is aunt Flo in town?

troutdog
05-06-2009, 02:39 AM
Trust I am aware of the "Greinke" factor, having him on my fantasy baseball team has me undefeated thus far. Although I did see they won without him against your ChiSox Tuesday, that pitching staff must be driving you crazy! :Wink:

Nice Gammons impersonation btw :LOL:

What have I been angry about SoCal....you know this is just sports talkin trash, don't get all soft on me homie!

TD

troutdog
05-06-2009, 02:45 AM
Since you love back threads so much! Check out the date on this post....:EyePop:

11-03-2008, 07:40 AM
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/image.php?u=30738&dateline=1230558628 (http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/member.php?u=30738) SoCalGuy7 (http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/member.php?u=30738) http://fishinghotpage.com/forum4/images/statusicon/user_online.gif

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/images/icons/icon1.gif
I've heard the Royals will do a mini "Rays" this year and have quite a few more wins...

http://fishinghotpage.com/forum4/images/misc/progress.gif http://fishinghotpage.com/forum4/images/buttons/edit.gif (http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=260917) http://fishinghotpage.com/forum4/images/buttons/quote.gif (http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=260917) http://fishinghotpage.com/forum4/images/buttons/multiquote_off.gif (http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=260917) http://fishinghotpage.com/forum4/images/buttons/quickreply.gif (http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=260917)

Okay so lets see if they win at least 80 games, that would be 5 more than last year....is that what you want to consider a "mini Rays"?

GO DODGERS!

TD

The Angler
05-07-2009, 09:53 AM
Hey TD,

I don't mean to go all Gammons on you but maybe you've heard of a guy named Greinke? Could be the key to the KC surge this year(so far)....

45 innings, 3 CG (that's complete games TD) 0.40 ERA ( THATS EARNED RUN AVERAGE, TD)

http://mlb.mlb.com/stats/individual_player_gamebygamelog.jsp?c_id=kc&playerID=425844&statType=2http://mlb.mlb.com/images/trans.gif

TD, you've been a little angry lately, you alright? Is aunt Flo in town?

Greinke is a beast the royals are probably really happy to have a star like that on the team now. It was reorted that there pulling in alot more people into the stadium now cause of him.

LMAO at Manny's POSITIVE DRUG TEST FOR ROIDS !!!!!

Dodgers are done

At least A-roid admited he took them in '03 and claims he hasnt since!

troutdog
05-07-2009, 10:10 AM
"Dodgers are done"?

Paleeeze :Rolls Eyes:

TD

City Dad
05-08-2009, 08:54 AM
Just wondering; Did anyone see that double play Washington pulled off on Paul's first major league at bat? That must have made his **** **** pucker... that was sick...

brando123
05-08-2009, 06:23 PM
Greinke is a beast the royals are probably really happy to have a star like that on the team now. It was reorted that there pulling in alot more people into the stadium now cause of him.

LMAO at Manny's POSITIVE DRUG TEST FOR ROIDS !!!!!

Dodgers are done

At least A-roid admited he took them in '03 and claims he hasnt since!

Pshhh a Yankee fan making fun of Manny? All the yankees do is pay roid heads huge contracts. You think arod stopped using roids in 03? hahah! That is why his Jankee team mates nicknamed him B@tch t*ts. All those hormones gave him female breasts. Dodgers are no where near done. They will easily dominate the West come on. I am in no way defending manny but reading a Jankee fan talk about Roids is funny. Yes that DP from Dukes was sick i have to admit. The Nats played a good game. But i understand if the McCourts spent half a billion during the offseason only to be 5.5 games back i would be pissed also :).

troutdog
05-14-2009, 11:30 PM
Great road win today for the boyz in blue...averaging over 5.5 runs a game since ol' whats his name got caught cheating! I'll take that and STILL the best record in the majors.

GO BLUE!

TD

City Dad
05-15-2009, 07:38 AM
lil' Chad B has grown into a man!

SoCalGuy7
05-15-2009, 08:07 AM
How about the Jason Werth show? :Embarrassed::Embarrassed::Embarrassed::Embarrasse d::Embarrassed::Embarrassed::Embarrassed::Embarras sed::Embarrassed::Embarrassed::Embarrassed::Embarr assed::Embarrassed::Embarrassed:

Oh yeah, didn't he used to play for the doyers?:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

DarkShadow
05-15-2009, 08:51 AM
How about the Jason Werth show?

Yeah, haven't seen that play since I was 8. That was pretty sad.

Pretty good stop at Philly.

We win 2 outta 3, and the only loss wasn't a complete embarassment (except for the home stealing fiasco).

Billingslely looks solid.

We pegged Chase Utley, who went 0/11 in the series, while Victorino went 1/13 and Howard went 1/9.

Now let's see what the Marlins have to offer.

wellbilldancesays
05-18-2009, 01:26 PM
Got give the Dodgers credit for not falling compltely apart without Manny.

What are they 4-5 without him, a little under 500?

Of course the next two series are against the Mets and the Angels. Probably be quite a bit under 500 without Manny after those two series.

Couple of things I really wonder are...........

Will Dodger fans accept Manny back with open arms even though they hammered on giant fans about bonds cheating and Manny is also a proven cheater?
I think so fans have alot of leniency when it comes to THEIR team.

Will Manny be the same hitter as he was when left?
He'll still be good but you can kiss those late last season numbers goodbye!

If things dont go Manny's way will he take his team down with him?
Who knows but you know what they say about history repeating itself.

Will the Dodgers win the series after all this mess?
Well you have to get there first and thats not happening.

Alright someone go ahead and quote me so I cant change my predictions. I probably just Badfished the Dodgers to the promise land!

DarkShadow
05-18-2009, 02:26 PM
Of course the next two series are against the Mets and the Angels. Probably be quite a bit under 500 without Manny after those two series.

Yeah, hopefully we take care of the Mets like we did Philly... And not to talk shít, but you can't really put the Angels in the same league as the Mets; not right about now at least. Unfortunately, beating down on the Angels isn't gonna prove a lot, as the Angels are pretty good at beating themselves right about now. Hopefully, Wild Thing Lackey doesn't hit anybody in the head if he pitches that weekend. Thank goodness they have a series against a $hitty Seattle team after getting swept by Texas, because if they don't get at least 2/3....

Will Dodger fans accept Manny back with open arms even though they hammered on giant fans about bonds cheating and Manny is also a proven cheater?
I think so fans have alot of leniency when it comes to THEIR team.

Of course we will. If Laker fans can 'forget' that Kobe raped a chick, I think the baseball fans in this city will turn the blind eye once Manny yokes a pitch 450 feet the other way. I'd love playing in LA...fans here seem to have a selective memory.

And, the Barry comparison...

Manny's been a Dodger for less than half a season. Yes, we cheered for him and many will cheer for him less when he returns.

On the other hand, the Bay Areans tossed Bonds' salad, who had been the face of the their franchise for over a decade, with undiminished enthusiasm for 15 years. Faced with overwhelming evidence to the contrary they simply dug their tongues deeper into his bunghole.

Will Manny be the same hitter as he was when left?
He'll still be good but you can kiss those late last season numbers goodbye!

I for one, wouldn't test him. A Rod's supposedly off the Roids, and he's mashing. If pitchers want to pitch to Manny, I will offer them condolences now AND, if pitchers want to pitch around Manny, as they have been doing this season and last, the real winners will be the players around him as numbers have shown.

Andre Ethier has SUCKED without having Manny around him in the line up. A lot of people forget that sometimes, it's not Manny's bat that elevates a team, but just his presence in the on deck circle.

If things dont go Manny's way will he take his team down with him?
Who knows but you know what they say about history repeating itself.

Said it once, and will say it again. Boston's douchey management and douchey fans didn't help situations out in Boston when it came to ManRam. And as I mentioned above, fans here in LA could care less if Manny's out in right field selling crack to the cholos in the LFP, as long as his presence in the lineup is causing more marks in the W column. It's the same reason that Kobe will never leave LA.

Will the Dodgers win the series after all this mess?
Well you have to get there first and thats not happening.
Alright someone go ahead and quote me so I cant change my predictions. I probably just Badfished the Dodgers to the promise land!

I think the series with the Mets will bring some clarity to this question. We've gone to Philly and took the series from them at home, (and if it wasn't for our wonderful bullpen, that series would've went 3-0.) And, of course, this is all without the Juicer in the line up. We took the series from the Marlins as well, although they don't really count.

wellbilldancesays
05-18-2009, 02:42 PM
As far as the Angels they're starting to come out of their funk and will win 2 of 3 against the Dodgers. ;-)

Now come on DS that Kobe comparison isnt fair. He cheated on his wife like alot of other pros. Then the chick scremed rape for a payday.
Guilty of Adultery Yes. Rape? No.
Plus he never cheated on the game.

As far as Arod mashing true, but thats Arod only time we'll tell for Manny. I'd go right after him.

Dodgers fan will definetly accept Manny back since he seems to be the sole reason the dodgers are out of the cellar.

Also if Manny does suck roid free do you put an asterik next to the dodgers season last year?

DarkShadow
05-18-2009, 03:00 PM
Also if Manny does suck roid free do you put an asterik next to the dodgers season last year?

I think the "asterisk" is only for teams that actually win something. Although Angel fans would be content with a Divisional Pennant right about now, I don't think the Dodger's divisional pennant even warrants an asterisk being mentioned. If they would've won the World Series, sure, the argument can be made.

And, that really depends on whether or not you think he was still on the Juice when he got to LA. All evidence is pointing he was trying to mask his previous indiscretions on his previous ball club (read: Boston), but was clean while playing for LA.

The "asterisk," angle is a bit difficult one to even fathom.

I mean, look at the Angel squad when they beat the Giants in that World Series. We can go down the line and see several players that were mentioned in the Mitchell Report, and others who should have been mentioned but were smart enough to pay cash.

Thanks to Bud Selig and Co looking the other way, you can put all World Series winners under a microscope and see that many of the players were on PEDs.

Now, it's something the entire sport has to deal with, something Selig never thought would have to happen.

Now, if they only started testing in the NBA....

wellbilldancesays
05-18-2009, 03:11 PM
First off I'd be content if the Angels get to the playoffs this year.

One thing the NBA does right is they randomly test four times a year. Everyone!

Plus using roids and basketball just wouldnt work. People would burn out way faster. I think.

The Angler
05-18-2009, 03:18 PM
First off I'd be content if the Angels get to the playoffs this year.

One thing the NBA does right is they randomly test four times a year. Everyone!

Plus using roids and basketball just wouldnt work. People would burn out way faster. I think.

Yea i dont really see the reason a basketball player will do roids ? to shoot 3's from half court ?:ROFL:

DarkShadow
05-18-2009, 04:09 PM
Yea i dont really see the reason a basketball player will do roids ? to shoot 3's from half court ?:ROFL:

It's not the 'roids that basketball players would be doing.

But HGH?

How many individuals have come back from injuries at a record setting pace?

Remember, HGH and 'roids are two different things.

brando123
05-19-2009, 01:55 AM
Dodgers are 7-6 without Manny, i think that is pretty darn good. I mean considering everyone saying we cant do shieeet outside the west. Tonight's game was very ugly, but a win is a win. Ok the big question IMO is Andre. I mean he was a pretty decent hitter before manny was here. But now with his struggles as of late, seemed to start when Manny left. Now do you think he is an average hitter without manny? I'm kind of thinking it is all mental as of right now, But i could be wrong.

I was also thinking of a trade. What about sending Andre and maybe dewitt to the A's for big Matty? Yes he is struggling as of late, But he is a proven hitter even though it was in Colorado. I doubt they would bite at the trade anyways. Mehhh its just me thinking. :)

City Dad
05-19-2009, 06:56 AM
Dodgers are 7-6 without Manny, i think that is pretty darn good. I mean considering everyone saying we cant do shieeet outside the west. Tonight's game was very ugly, but a win is a win. Ok the big question IMO is Andre. I mean he was a pretty decent hitter before manny was here. But now with his struggles as of late, seemed to start when Manny left. Now do you think he is an average hitter without manny? I'm kind of thinking it is all mental as of right now, But i could be wrong.

I was also thinking of a trade. What about sending Andre and maybe dewitt to the A's for big Matty? Yes he is struggling as of late, But he is a proven hitter even though it was in Colorado. I doubt they would bite at the trade anyways. Mehhh its just me thinking. :)

Yeah, the haters are going to point out the Mets failings in this game... but will conveniently ignor the Dodgers superb defense - but isn't that why they play the games? To see who is the better team on any given night? Last night the Dodgers were better. Period.

I too think Andre's problem is 90% half mental. As you point out, he was a good hitter before Manny... I think he'll be back. I was thinking about a trade too, but thought that maybe someone might take Paul and DeWitt in exchange for a pitcher...

DarkShadow
05-19-2009, 09:06 AM
I was thinking about a trade too, but thought that maybe someone might take Paul and DeWitt in exchange for a pitcher...

I'd dangle Juan D'Vaughn Pierre, (aka Slappy McPopup, aka Happy Scrappy Hero Pup, aka The 9 Million Dollar Pinch Runner) out there, since his trade value has been steadily climbing ever since he's gotten some playing time after ManJuice left the building.

You KNOW there are some GMs out there salivating at the thought of having someone "scrappy" and "hard working" at the top of their lineup. With that contract though, we'd be havin to eat some of it.

And WTF was up with the Bad News Mets last night?

Play 'em off, keyboard cat!

City Dad
05-19-2009, 11:23 AM
I'd dangle Juan D'Vaughn Pierre, (aka Slappy McPopup, aka Happy Scrappy Hero Pup, aka The 9 Million Dollar Pinch Runner) out there, since his trade value has been steadily climbing ever since he's gotten some playing time after ManJuice left the building.

You KNOW there are some GMs out there salivating at the thought of having someone "scrappy" and "hard working" at the top of their lineup. With that contract though, we'd be havin to eat some of it.

...that trade does sound kinda good. (but do you think the front office thinks there is a pitching problem?)

and yeah, we could smell the Mets all the way out in Van Nuys:ROFL:.

brando123
05-19-2009, 03:51 PM
Yeah, the haters are going to point out the Mets failings in this game... but will conveniently ignor the Dodgers superb defense - but isn't that why they play the games? To see who is the better team on any given night? Last night the Dodgers were better. Period.

I too think Andre's problem is 90% half mental. As you point out, he was a good hitter before Manny... I think he'll be back. I was thinking about a trade too, but thought that maybe someone might take Paul and DeWitt in exchange for a pitcher...

Yup i agree, a good team will capitalize on other teams mistakes. Like you said the haters will never give it to the dodgers.

Yea i agree with that, i wasnt thinking all that much. We do need pitching. Andre just frustrates me more than anyone else on the team. I wonder who we could get. The only way could get Doc would be to give up Kemp and Bills( or our other young talent).

brando123
05-19-2009, 03:53 PM

So with dealing JP away what do you think will happen next year? Do you think Manny will opt out? if we get rid of JP this year and Manny opting out, It would give Xavier Paul some playing time.

ThemBastards
05-19-2009, 08:43 PM
Well with AC Slater pitching in while Manny is in the corner, I think they have a shot to win their division at least.

DarkShadow
05-19-2009, 09:06 PM
Well with AC Slater pitching in while Manny is in the corner, I think they have a shot to win their division at least.

AC throws like a girl.

Jessie Spano would not be impressed.

City Dad
05-19-2009, 10:36 PM
Andre needs the thong...

brando123
05-19-2009, 11:19 PM
LMAO!!! Man i hope the o dawg is ok!!!

troutdog
05-20-2009, 12:03 AM
BEST RECORD IN BASEBALL....enough said :Wink:

TD

City Dad
05-20-2009, 11:28 AM
BEST RECORD IN BASEBALL....enough said :Wink:

TD

but, hey, don't forget:

...Dodgers are done!

DarkShadow
05-20-2009, 02:03 PM
Taking 2/3 from Florida, taking 2/3 from Philly, and guaranteed 2/3 from the Mets....

I guess we have to play even better teams in order for the "they're only playing bad teams" excuse to be buried 6 feet deep.

Anybody gonna be at the Beard Bobblehead giveaway tonight? I know I am.

http://insidedodgertown.mlblogs.com/ID_Blake_312.jpg

=

https://secure.bkcrowncard.com/images/violators/bk_crowncardTheKing_en_01.png

City Dad
05-20-2009, 02:37 PM
http://insidedodgertown.mlblogs.com/id_blake_312.jpg

=

https://secure.bkcrowncard.com/images/violators/bk_crowncardtheking_en_01.png

:rofl: 23456789

troutdog
05-20-2009, 02:47 PM
The way things are going a poll question asking whether the Dodgers will win more or less than a 100 games may very well be a reality come the end of June!

Kuroda should be back pretty soon I would imagine....

TD

brando123
05-20-2009, 09:10 PM
Ok WTF..... Why the heck is Andre still in the 4 hole.......

troutdog
05-20-2009, 11:07 PM
SAWEEEP!!! :Applause:

Ok WTF..... Why the heck is Andre still in the 4 hole.......

He is obviously slumping, but I think he fits the 4 spot as good or better than anyone else in the lineup until Manny comes back.

Who would you bat 4th? Martin, Kemp, Loney? Nah. Looking at the numbers how about Blake who leads the team in HRs....while batting 8th?! Pretty impressive for the Mighty Casey.

TD

brando123
05-20-2009, 11:11 PM
SAWEEEP!!! :Applause:

He is obviously slumping, but I think he fits the 4 spot as good or better than anyone else in the lineup until Manny comes back.

Who would you bat 4th? Martin, Kemp, Loney? Nah. Looking at the numbers how about Blake who leads the team in HRs....while batting 8th?! Pretty impressive for the Mighty Casey.

TD

As of right now i would def put Blake cleanup. At least until Andre gets out of this slump. I mean what is the use of putting someone in cleanup who has had like 2 or 3 rbi's in the past 15 games. We have been getting pretty lucky as of late winning these close games. We would be having much bigger leads out of the first inning if Casey was the 4 hole the past few weeks. Just my 2 cents!!

troutdog
05-20-2009, 11:24 PM
As of right now i would def put Blake cleanup. At least until Andre gets out of this slump. I mean what is the use of putting someone in cleanup who has had like 2 or 3 rbi's in the past 15 games. We have been getting pretty lucky as of late winning these close games. We would be having much bigger leads out of the first inning if Casey was the 4 hole the past few weeks. Just my 2 cents!!

Solid argument and think you make a good point. I think Torre is going to let him battle through it, but you could very well be right....stay tuned.

TD

brando123
05-20-2009, 11:30 PM
Solid argument and think you make a good point. I think Torre is going to let him battle through it, but you could very well be right....stay tuned.

TD

Yup!! Although with the record they have i don't have much room to complain lol Hitting up the game sat, Cant wait to see the Dodgers beat up on the Halos!!

BTW i am loving the giants being 8.5 games back. Nothing better then going on MLb.com and reading all the bitching SF fans are doing LOL.

City Dad
05-21-2009, 07:14 AM
Nothing better then going on MLb.com and reading all the bitching SF fans are doing LOL.

oh, poor, poor Giants fans:Crying::Crying::Crying::Crying::Crying::Cryin g::Crying: :ROFL:

DarkShadow
05-21-2009, 11:08 AM
Anybody gonna be at the Beard Bobblehead giveaway tonight? I know I am.

http://insidedodgertown.mlblogs.com/ID_Blake_312.jpg

=

https://secure.bkcrowncard.com/images/violators/bk_crowncardTheKing_en_01.png

=

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/2009/0521/19522046_240X180.jpg

Apparently Casey Blake has an evil twin.

(http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/news/19521866/detail.html)

troutdog
05-21-2009, 11:24 AM
Yup!! Although with the record they have i don't have much room to complain lol Hitting up the game sat, Cant wait to see the Dodgers beat up on the Halos!!

BTW i am loving the giants being 8.5 games back. Nothing better then going on MLb.com and reading all the bitching SF fans are doing LOL.

I enjoyed cbs.com's article the other day about how the giants need to sieze the opportunity to overtake the Dodgers while Manny is out....YEAH RIGHT! :ROFL:

TD

troutdog
05-26-2009, 12:53 AM
Is it too late to get Juan Pierre on the All-Star ballot? :Twisted:

TD

SoCalGuy7
05-26-2009, 03:30 AM

TD

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

I had to quote this for you to remember later this year........:ROFL:

As you say Paaallleeeeezzzzeeeeee.....the guy has only had 104 at bats...:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

The Angler
05-26-2009, 12:12 PM

TD

Dont make me quote you about trading pierre awhile back when Man-Roid got suspended!:ROFL:

Typical Doyer fan, quick to jump on the band wagon

The Angler
05-26-2009, 12:14 PM
Oops soury trout, It was Darkshadow who said to trade "Slappy Mcpopup"

troutdog
05-26-2009, 12:17 PM
Oops soury trout, It was Darkshadow who said to trade "Slappy Mcpopup"

Yeah DS is the Pierre hater....I stick with my team through thick and thin.

TD

DarkShadow
05-26-2009, 12:20 PM
Yeah DS is the Pierre hater....

TD

Once again, I hate Slappy's CONTRACT, not the player himself.

Unless you think he's worth $10 million, which in that case, feel free to argue that he is.

troutdog
05-26-2009, 12:29 PM
Once again, I hate Slappy's CONTRACT, not the player himself.

Unless you think he's worth $10 million, which in that case, feel free to argue that he is.

I could probably make a case that nobody is really worth the money they are being paid, but your digs on Pierre have always seemed to focus on him more than anything else...blame upper management for that one! Regardless Pierre has done FANTASTIC filling in for Manny....feel free to argue that he hasn't :Wink:

TD

troutdog
05-26-2009, 12:33 PM

As you say Paaallleeeeezzzzeeeeee.....the guy has only had 104 at bats...:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

I meant it in jest, as you said 104 ABs does not merit mentioning an All-Star appearance.

Soooo hows that "mini-Rays" prediction for the Royals coming along? One game under .500 hardly constitutes "mini" at this point would you agree? You never answered me as to how many wins would equal a "mini rays", cause we both know they are not going to the playoffs AGAIN this year.

TD

DarkShadow
05-26-2009, 12:42 PM
I could make a case that nobody is worth the money you are being paid, but your digs on Pierre have always seemed to focus on him mor ethan anything...regardless he has done FANTASTIC filling in for Manny....feel free to argue that he hasn't :Wink:

TD

TD,

If I buy a Ford Pinto for 12 grand used, I can sit and complain about the passenger seat tilting sideaways, the fact the window's stuck and I have a broken tail light. I can complain that my rear view is attached with duct tape, and the fact my radio gets one station on AM. No alignment makes it kinda hard to steer too. But are you saying I can't complain because the Molotov on wheels gets me from Point A to Point B?

If I had paid $200 for it, I wouldn't really be complaining.

You see the difference?

And of course he's been a great substitute for Manny, and I won't argue that, but when he goes back on the bench, it brings us back to square one: We overpaid for an outfielder who we can't even find room for to play on the field.

And wasn't Juan Pierre the reason we dropped a bunch of money on another crappy contract with Andruw Jones, because he couldn't hack it in center field?

I'm glad he's doing so well, because maybe someone can get fooled into trading for him.

As the infamous Wolf said in Pulp Fiction, just because Slappy has had a great 3 weeks, "Let's not go and start suckin...."

Yeah, you know the rest.

troutdog
05-26-2009, 01:01 PM
I see your point DS, but when you bought that pinto you probably took it for a test ride and knew what you were getting before you made that purchase....unfortunately there is no "test drive" when it comes to signing a free agent ball player.

No argument the Dodger's overpaid for Pierre, but compared to Driefort, Jones and Schmidt we got a steal! :LOL:

Bottom line I am very excited about this team, I hope you have a ray of optimism yourself....it is a looong season, but I am liking the way it started!

Kuroda should be back soon right? Xavier Paul has been a nice addition as of late...but what is up with Furcal and the double clutch/poor throwing though?

TD

DarkShadow
05-26-2009, 01:31 PM
I see your point DS, but when you bought that pinto you probably took it for a test ride and knew what you were getting before you made that purchase....unfortunately there is not "test drive" when it comes to signing a free agent ball player.

No argument the Dodger's overpaid for Pierre, but compared to Driefort, Jones and Schmidt we got a steal! :LOL:

Bottom line I am very excited about this team, I hope you have a ray of optimism yourself....it is a looong season, but I am liking the way it started!

Kuroda should be back soon right? Xavier Paul has been a nice addition as of late...but what is up with Furcal and the double clutch/poor throwing though?

TD

I'm as optimistic as I've ever been with a Dodger team, even the '88 squad that was filled with jokers and has-beens.

Xaviel Paul looks nice, and it is showing that a ray of light still exists in our farm system, the very which Fox/Murdoch depleted during their stay as owners.

What about that Hoffman kid? He seems to have some pop in his bat.

And Furcal? Sad to say, but I think his back is acting up again. :Confused: Hopefully it's not, but it's looking that way to me.

City Dad
05-26-2009, 08:21 PM
I'm as optimistic as I've ever been with a Dodger team, even the '88 squad that was filled with jokers and has-beens.

Xaviel Paul looks nice, and it is showing that a ray of light still exists in our farm system, the very which Fox/Murdoch depleted during their stay as owners.

What about that Hoffman kid? He seems to have some pop in his bat.

And Furcal? Sad to say, but I think his back is acting up again. :Confused: Hopefully it's not, but it's looking that way to me.

It's listed as "tight buttocks"... FILL IN JOKE HERE.

We were at the game on Sunday and it was pretty clear that Castro is no replacement defensively... and I doubt that his bat can make up for the runs he will allow... I think that is a more dire situation than any in the outfield... wonder what kind of a ss Pierre would make.

And Andre has a split toenail? Ow. Why don't they just remove the whoel thing?

And Paul has a staff infection? I guarentee you he didn't change his undershirt after he got called up.

so, tight buttocks, broken toenail, staf infection... tailor made soft-toss lob waiting for socal guy, socal guy, socalguy... fish in a barrel for socalguy... where are you socalguy?

troutdog
05-26-2009, 09:44 PM
3 for 5....2 runs scored and 2 rbis tonight against the rocks.

HINT: Its not Manny :LOL:

TD

brando123
05-26-2009, 10:10 PM
Keep blake cleanup foeva!!!!!!! :)

SoCalGuy7
05-27-2009, 01:24 AM
Seems like Torre should have made this move a few weeks ago.....:Idea:

troutdog
05-27-2009, 11:30 AM

I meant it in jest, as you said 104 ABs does not merit mentioning an All-Star appearance.

Soooo hows that "mini-Rays" prediction for the Royals coming along? One game under .500 hardly constitutes "mini" at this point would you agree? You never answered me as to how many wins would equal a "mini rays", cause we both know they are not going to the playoffs AGAIN this year.

TD

Speaking of teams under .500 how about those ChiSox SoCalGuy? :ROFL:

TD

troutdog
05-27-2009, 05:53 PM
In the 19 games Pierre has started in left field since Ramirez’s suspension, he has batted .421 (35 for 83). He went 3 for 5 with two RBI and at least 1 run scored for a second straight game and hit .500 in the series against the Rockies (8 for 16) with a pair of triples, a double and seven RBI.

Dude is about to get his own thread! :LOL:

THINK BLUE

TD

brando123
05-28-2009, 05:09 PM
wow.. How sexy was that bunt??? very nice.

troutdog
05-28-2009, 05:28 PM
wow.. How sexy was that bunt??? very nice.

Stuck watching it via game channel on the net, did Pierre really score from 2nd on a bunt as it appears?

GO BLUE!

TD

brando123
05-28-2009, 06:11 PM
yes sir he did, it was beautiful

DarkShadow
05-28-2009, 06:53 PM
Stuck watching it via game channel on the net, did Pierre really score from 2nd on a bunt as it appears?

It was a swinging bunt by Furcal...

The 3B crashed and Furcal 'slapped' it past him, and the ball ended up maybe 10 feet behind the edge of the infield dirt.

In essence, Furcal slapped in Slappy.

brando123
05-28-2009, 07:25 PM
phucking bullpen.....

SoCalGuy7
05-28-2009, 07:42 PM
Look at the Doyer fans trying to REWARD mrs. ramirez with an all-star spot....!

Paaaaleeeezzzzzeee!!!!

SoCalGuy7
05-28-2009, 08:00 PM
Speaking of teams under .500 how about those ChiSox SoCalGuy? :ROFL:

TD

Slow start, uncertainty with some young players, injuries.....

All I know is the Angels handled the doyers.......and the Sox put a smack-down on the Angels.....

Wow, a win against the Cubs another formidable opponent ...:ROFL:

City Dad
05-28-2009, 08:16 PM
Angels handled the doyers.......

let's just see who's left handling themselves at the end of the season...

DarkShadow
05-28-2009, 08:36 PM

I'm starting to think that if the 1927 Yankees were resurrected and the Dodgers beat 'em, SoCalGuy would still not give the Blue Crew any respect.

I guess sweeping the first place Mets and taking 2 of 3 at Philly wasn't enough.

troutdog
05-28-2009, 10:39 PM
Slow start, uncertainty with some young players, injuries.....

All I know is the Angels handled the doyers.......and the Sox put a smack-down on the Angels.....

I think you have been inhaling too much paint fumes while making those striper lures....4 games under .500, getting swept by the last place Indians and still talking trash?

"READ my lips"....BEST RECORD IN BASEBALL SOCALDUDE!!! :ROFL:

THINK BLUE!

TD

SoCalGuy7
05-29-2009, 02:59 AM
If Cal-State Fullerton played in the NL they'd have the second best record in baseball......:ROFL:

Why do you think Peavy wants to stay in the pitcher hitting league....?...he's afraid...

DS, you shouldn't even mention any doyer team in the same sentence as the 27 yanks....

When is the last time they even won a series, besides last year....? The 80's?

Like CityDad said........

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k299/overkill2006/kittens.jpg
(stuart@stuartdavies.orangehome.co.uk)

brando123
05-29-2009, 03:54 AM
I am guessing Peavy wanted to stay because The cry sox SUCK lol

But regardless of what division they are in, Best record in baseball is still tough.
Like DS said We beat the Phils, Marlins, Swept mets. I think we proved we can hang with clubs outside of the West.
If we wanna talk about injuries.. Shiett we dont have our best hitter Man roid, Our opening day pitcher and our bullpen is beat up. Injuries are just a part of the game the good teams can still win, It shows the depth of the bench. Good teams always have someone or multiple people who step up in wake of injury or in our case a retard taking Test Boosters . IE hudson,Blake,JP picking it up.

troutdog
05-29-2009, 09:17 AM
SoCalDude's upcoming Hollywood debut.....
http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/oo331/spycopy4u/SHARPASMARBLES.jpg

THINK BLUE

TD

SoCalGuy7
05-29-2009, 12:40 PM
I am guessing Peavy wanted to stay because The cry sox SUCK lol

But regardless of what division they are in, Best record in baseball is still tough.
Like DS said We beat the Phils, Marlins, Swept mets. I think we proved we can hang with clubs outside of the West.
If we wanna talk about injuries.. Shiett we dont have our best hitter Man roid, Our opening day pitcher and our bullpen is beat up. Injuries are just a part of the game the good teams can still win, It shows the depth of the bench. Good teams always have someone or multiple people who step up in wake of injury or in our case a retard taking Test Boosters . IE hudson,Blake,JP picking it up.

Wow, brando how soon we forget the 2005 World Champion White Sox ( in that year they swept the always lowely, doyers)...

Maybe, ask your club....what have you done lately?
Besides higher a CHEATER? :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

SoCalGuy7
05-29-2009, 12:51 PM
SoCalDude's upcoming Hollywood debut.....
http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/oo331/spycopy4u/SHARPASMARBLES.jpg

THINK BLUE

TD

Nice,
------------

TD, is the best cheerleader the doyers have........:ROFL:

................TROUTDOG................GO DOYERS!

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll210/SoCalGuy7/Troutdog.jpg

troutdog
05-29-2009, 01:58 PM
Dude quit posting your old high school prom pictures....."you're killin me Larry" :LOL:

I was just thinking how funny it is that you all but ditched FNN for a wannabe forum, but now that baseball season is here you are back like the local crackhead.....what BF2 and OL weren't witty enough to keep you entertained over there? :ROFL:

FNN and DODGERS fo Life! :Wink:

TD

brando123
05-29-2009, 05:25 PM
YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARDDDDDDDDDDD......... White sox are old, fat and SLOW.

troutdog
06-03-2009, 12:28 AM
Impressive come from behind win against the D-backs, what a great game for the Dodgers!

TD

brando123
06-03-2009, 01:03 PM
Yea it was a great game, Couldn't watch it up here in Mammouth so had to follow on mlb.com. Last year this was def a game we would have lost.

troutdog
06-03-2009, 11:36 PM
Chalk up another "W" for men in blue! Chad Billingsly gives up 4 hits and puts up 9Ks before Broxton slams the door shut.... gotta love it!

TD

SoCalGuy7
06-04-2009, 03:18 AM
YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARDDDDDDDDDDD......... White sox are old, fat and SLOW.

And World Series winners only 3 years ago......how sweet it is....:Envious:

ahemm..... can you say that ?

Ya, didn't think so.....

SoCalGuy7
06-04-2009, 03:20 AM
Dude quit posting your old high school prom pictures....."you're killin me Larry" :LOL:

I was just thinking how funny it is that you all but ditched FNN for a wannabe forum, but now that baseball season is here you are back like the local crackhead.....what BF2 and OL weren't witty enough to keep you entertained over there? :ROFL:

FNN and DODGERS fo Life! :Wink:

TD

TD, I noticed that you know who is on the other board....hmmmm

And I noticed that you registered there too!!!

You really should have kept the troutdog name though, it's easier to remember than

Trout-Dingle-berry.....:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

SoCalGuy7
06-04-2009, 03:23 AM
Chalk up another "W" for men in blue! Chad Billingsly gives up 4 hits and puts up 9Ks before Broxton slams the door shut.... gotta love it!

TD

Palllleeeezzeee, snoozefest, I rather watch a triple over-time 0-0 tied up soccer match....:EyePop::EyePop::EyePop:

Arizona stinks......

troutdog
06-04-2009, 08:41 AM
SoCalGuy it actually concerns me that you may have the ability to share your gene pool...

Sorry the 1-0 victory couldn't keep you entertained, hopefully the White Sox losing again yesterday was able to accomodate your attention span.

TD

DarkShadow
06-04-2009, 10:04 AM
And World Series winners only 3 years ago......how sweet it is....

ahemm..... can you say that ?

Ya, didn't think so.....

Dude, before 2005, your last World Series championship in 1917 was when the country was still fighting World War 1, and before then in 1902? I think the country still had 48 states in 1902. Win more than 1 World Series Championships in the last 90 years, and then you can talk about "can you say that." At least I can say our World Series championships came after the telephone was invented.

And I guess that last World Series championship is so fresh in people's minds, that both Jake Peavy and Roy Oswalt have exercised their "no trade" clause when offered to be traded to the ChiSox. Pretty embarrassing when people want out of their current team so desperately, except of course, if it means playing on the south side of Chicago, which makes Eastlos look like Holmby Hills.

I guess playing there is the equivalent to baseball purgatory.

Keep holding on to 2005, because at this rate, your next World Series championship should come, oh, around 2100.

Palllleeeezzeee, snoozefest, I rather watch a triple over-time 0-0 tied up soccer match....

Arizona stinks......

"Today’s average fan, it appears, would rather cheer a slugfest, laden with home runs, than watch with breathless appreciation a low-scoring duel dominated by pitchers."

Congratulations SoCalGuy, you've just been dubbed an average fan by a baseball sportswriter Mike Attiyeh, although I think your postings here do pretty much the same thing.

Then again, I guess when you're used to looking at box scores like this:

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6511/destruction.jpg

you tend to get used to watching high scoring games. So what if your team is the one scoring the lone run. Personally, not only do I enjoy watching a great pitching matchup, I enjoy watching games where my team scores more runs than errors it commits.

Did the Vikings miss the PAT or something, SoCal?

troutdog
06-08-2009, 11:48 AM
39-20...Kuroda is back and Manny's return around the corner, 100+ wins looking very realistic at this point.

GO BLUE!

TD

troutdog
06-09-2009, 11:17 PM
20 games over .500....INCREDIBLE! :EyePop:

TD

Troutman65
06-10-2009, 09:46 AM
Its been some time since I have been in the sports section of the boards. So, I thought I would say

GO ANGELS !!!!

Sorry TD. I just could not help myself.

troutdog
06-10-2009, 10:15 AM
All good TM...believe it or not there is actually an Angel thread, but since they are only playing mediocre nobody on the board is talking about them anymore. Kudos for sticking with your team regardless of their record...I sure miss debating "LA" basbeball with "Thembastards" :LOL:

TD

Troutman65
06-10-2009, 10:29 AM
All good TM...believe it or not there is actually an Angel thread, but since they are only playing mediocre nobody on the board is talking about them anymore. Kudos for sticking with your team regardless of their record...I sure miss debating "LA" basbeball with "Thembastards" :LOL:

TD

Yeah, I miss Ryan ( Thembastards ) too. He is a cool guy. I am sure the birth of his baby has him busy these days.

I have always been an Angel fan. Same with being a Min. Viking fan.

Frenchy
06-10-2009, 02:51 PM
Great weekeknd for the dodger what could have easily been 4 losses to the world champion phillies as much as i hate the sound of that we stole two game thanks to late game heroics by andre either 2 nights in a row and not to mention a surprise homer by furcal to keep the game going

last night andre either homers 2 times and a blast by kemp the dogers continue their rampage on the nl west by beating the padres 6-4 the boys in blue just keep finding ways to win I LOVE IT wait till manny gets back 100 wins maybeeeee lokks very possible

6 mores wins than anyone in baseball first team to 40 wins this year and for JIMMY AKA VINEASSIST THE DODGERS HAVE 11 MORE WINS THAN THE HALOS

DarkShadow
06-10-2009, 10:07 PM
Great weekeknd for the dodger what could have easily been 4 losses to the world champion phillies as much as i hate the sound of that we stole two game thanks to late game heroics by andre either 2 nights in a row and not to mention a surprise homer by furcal to keep the game going

Yeah, Dre Day is finally getting his stroke back. After Manny's unscheduled unpaid vacation, he really stunk it up.

And Furcal? You swing hard enough and you're bound to get one over. He's been a real disappointment on the offensive side though lately, and his defense is not what I have expected from Furcal in the year's past.

last night andre either homers 2 times and a blast by kemp the dogers continue their rampage on the nl west by beating the padres 6-4 the boys in blue just keep finding ways to win I LOVE IT wait till manny gets back 100 wins maybeeeee lokks very possible

100 wins would be nice. But I don't want to be the 2008 Angels, personally. As a wise man once said,

http://usuarios.lycos.es/bloga/img/pulp%20fiction%20harvey%20keitel%20sr%20lobo.jpg
"Well, let's not start..."

Frenchy
06-11-2009, 12:02 AM
very true wood rather win 87 games and make it to the series rather than win 100 and get swept in the 1st round by a wild card team

wellbilldancesays
06-13-2009, 08:17 AM
You gotta love how Manny is taking responsibility for his actions.

"I didn't kill nobody, I didn't rape nobody, so that's it, I'm just going to come and play the game," said Manny on Tuesday.

What a douche and anyone who roots for him from now on is also a douche.

Frenchy
06-13-2009, 07:10 PM
hey e didnt rape anyone or kill anyone so he told the truth what more can you ask for so if your going to call us douches for rootin for him then ill be captian douche

wellbilldancesays
06-13-2009, 09:05 PM
Ok Captain Douche. ;-)

Yes he didnt lie about raping or killing anyone but he did lie about the roids.

brando123
06-13-2009, 09:54 PM
Really? please explain when he lied about Roids? When he didn't get caught taking them haha.

brando123
06-14-2009, 01:20 AM
Anyways i think this will make you guys laugh. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud24_OAenek&feature=channel

wellbilldancesays
06-14-2009, 06:18 AM
Really? please explain when he lied about Roids? When he didn't get caught taking them haha.

"Recently, I saw a physician for a personal health issue. He gave me a medication, not a steroid, which he thought was OK to give me" Manny Ramirez

Trying to act like he was using the HCG for a "personal heath issue" but when used LEGALLY it's for women in inducing ovulation. The only reason men ILLEGALLY use it is to help their body gain testosrone after a steroid cycle and their body cant make it on its on.

Then after the truth surfaces........

"I want to apologize to Mr. McCourt, Mrs. McCourt, Mr. Torre, my teammates, the Dodger organization, and to the Dodger fans ... LA is a special place to me, and I know everybody is disappointed. So am I. I’m sorry about this whole situation." Manny Ramirez

I guess there's not much of a difference between a Dodgers Fans and a Giants Fans.

bman90278
06-14-2009, 07:43 AM
You gotta love how Manny is taking responsibility for his actions.

"I didn't kill nobody, I didn't rape nobody, so that's it, I'm just going to come and play the game," said Manny on Tuesday.

As long as Manny is on the Dodgers I will root for his success while on the team. Why would any sports fan not root for one of their teams players? Rooting for Manny is rooting for my team. While I hate what has happened to baseball because of PED's and I hate that Manny tested positive, he's only human and deserves a second chance to play baseball.

I do agree that Manny's words he used while at Dodgers Stadium showed a lack of inteligence and certainly a lack of better English too. You would think Manny's agent would do a better job of ensuring his client, Manny stays away from the press....Oh wait, his agent is Scott Boras...I will say no more. :EyePop:

City Dad
06-14-2009, 09:00 AM
what strikes me is the attitude that Manny Ramirez is the first and only player in MLB history to ever use PEDs...

Where is the out-rage over Rodriguez? One could go on and on naming known MLB juicers... and after you named all of the PED users, you could list the other types of cheaters (bat-corkers, game-throwers, baseball-gamblers) until the end of time, right?

anyone who has ever been a baseball fan, has rooted for steriod users or other knuckle-heads at one time or another.

It is a perfect game in an imperfect world... Crying won't change that fact ;)

brando123
06-14-2009, 02:20 PM
"Recently, I saw a physician for a personal health issue. He gave me a medication, not a steroid, which he thought was OK to give me" Manny Ramirez

Trying to act like he was using the HCG for a "personal heath issue" but when used LEGALLY it's for women in inducing ovulation. The only reason men ILLEGALLY use it is to help their body gain testosrone after a steroid cycle and their body cant make it on its on.

Then after the truth surfaces........

"I want to apologize to Mr. McCourt, Mrs. McCourt, Mr. Torre, my teammates, the Dodger organization, and to the Dodger fans ... LA is a special place to me, and I know everybody is disappointed. So am I. I’m sorry about this whole situation." Manny Ramirez

I guess there's not much of a difference between a Dodgers Fans and a Giants Fans.

As i do not in any way support Manny for what he did, HE DID NOT GET CAUGHT ON STEROIDS. But i will not be ignorant to the fact that yes the most common use of HCG is for a PCT, Also Don't say people only use HGC after a steroid cycle, if you don't know. Because you don't lol. People actually just take HGC by itself as a natural test booster. It increase's the amount of free test in the body. Also increases libido. They are illegal,even if he had blood work done to show he had low test levels it is cheat regardless. The point is he did not get caught on the juice.

DarkShadow
06-14-2009, 07:17 PM

I totally agree.

But, in order to be consistent and not come off as a hypocrite:

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/5476/cmonwbds.jpg

Shall I remind you that the World Series MVP was listed in the Mitchell Report as doing steroids?

I guess any Angel fan that 'rooted' for him and the 2002 Angel team are douches as well.

:Wink:

wellbilldancesays
06-14-2009, 08:26 PM
Invalid point DS. When did the Mitchell report come out? Exactly.

DarkShadow
06-15-2009, 10:16 AM
Invalid point DS. When did the Mitchell report come out? Exactly.

2005? But what does when it came out matter? That's like saying that because the Encyclopedia Brittanica came out with an edition in 2009, anything that happened before that is questionable.

The details on the report were gathered during the times in question, and the information contained in the Mitchell Report was what caused the widely accepted notion that 2002 was the 'peak' of the steroid era in baseball.

So what does matter is what years it focuses on and what players were caught, not when it was published.

You mean to tell me that if the Dodgers had won the World Series last year, and the Manny allegations surfaced in a report 4 years later about how he was caught doing steroids in the time frame in question, you would use the same argument? "It doesn't matter, because it was published AFTER the allegation took place?"

Seriously doubt it.

http://files.mlb.com/mitchrpt.pdf

Feel free to peruse through it, although I'll make it easier on the eyes and provide the goodies here:

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/4845/donnelly.th.jpg (http://img269.imageshack.us/i/donnelly.jpg/)

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/3131/schoenweis.th.jpg (http://img10.imageshack.us/i/schoenweis.jpg/)

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/5342/mvpglaus.th.jpg (http://img10.imageshack.us/i/mvpglaus.jpg/)

I somehow doubt Glaus magically woke up in '03 after winning a World Series and HR title and THEN decided to start juicing, and curiously, other Angels on the same team, started juicing when they went to other teams as well. If you believe that they weren't doing steroids in 2002, along with other names that were smart and didn't leave a paper trail, then you get to be grouped with Giants fans as well.

ESPN has an interesting take on the situation:

The 2002 Angels, for example, are the legitimate champions of an illegitimate time, just as Bonds is the legitimate home run champion of a discredited era. Despite Angels manager Mike Scioscia's adamant public stand against drugs, people around the game point privately to that club as one of the premier steroid-fueled teams thanks in part to a bullpen rife with career minor leaguers who suddenly began throwing in the mid-90s after their 30th birthdays.

Glaus was the MVP of that 2002 World Series, which is looking more and more like the definitive Steroid Series. Glaus, Brendan Donnelly and Schoeneweis, all of whom have been implicated, played for the Angels that season. On the Giants, there were Bonds, Benito Santiago, Marvin Benard, David Bell and Rich Aurilia. And that doesn't include the players who were suspect.

In any case, I assume that because of your rigid stance on PED use, you are the first Angel fan to stand up at LA Angel Stadium and boo Gary Matthews Jr's every at bat? Because, lamentably yes, he also has a celebrity cameo in the report:

http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/2004/hghmathews.th.jpg (http://img44.imageshack.us/i/hghmathews.jpg/)

And what's most funny is that all these players named have one thing in common. They all deny the allegations, and don't take responsibility for their action, which is the same thing you are getting on Ramirez for.

It's ok, though. Angel fans can still rejoice at their older players, like Wally Joyner, who would never be caught doing steroids.

Or not. (http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/9991748)

Since you're no longer a Wally Joyner fan, because nobody would want to fit the "douche" description you talked about earlier, can you send me the rookie cards that you didn't burn, throw out, or shred?

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/1162/wallyo.jpg

Thanks!

wellbilldancesays
06-15-2009, 10:33 AM
DS your point is still invalid and I haven't even read your long drawn out reply yet.

The fact still remains that no one had any idea he was linked to steroids in 2002.
No one knew Manny was juicing and now they do.

Scoring Machine
06-15-2009, 10:41 AM
DS your point is still invalid and I haven't even read your long drawn out reply yet.

So something you haven't read isn't valid? An you know this how?

You should move to Vegas and start gambling, you clearly have psychic abilities.

wellbilldancesays
06-15-2009, 10:46 AM
The fact still remains that no one had any idea he was linked to steroids in 2002.
No one knew Manny was juicing and now they do.

You missed this part of my post Scoring Machine.

DarkShadow
06-15-2009, 11:28 AM

You've successfully pulled off the, 'Cover-your-ears-while-you-scream "LALALALALALALAL" on-a-message-board.'

http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/2208/wbdscoversears.jpg

Congrats!

So, you're basically using the same argument Giants fans use with Bonds.

Excellent.

"Nobody knew Glaus was taking steroids in 2002 because he's never been caught in 2002 and he's denied the allegations when he was linked in 2003."

Of course, it's a valid argument, but you'd be going against what you said earlier about not wanting to be a "Giants" fan with that type of mentality.

And although I would've thrown up in my mouth a little, I would now love to have seen the Giants win that World Series, so I can hear about how "tainted" the World Series was when talking to an Angels fan, when they don't realize apparently that both teams had players in similar situation.

I know it's a bitter pill to swallow, that the 2002 WS will be known as the "Roid Series," but just like Dodger fans had to swallow the fact Manny juiced, I don't see why you shouldn't be able to wash it down with a bit of sugar.

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/9638/bitterpill.jpg

:Wink:

So, if you want to run with your argument about how 'nobody can prove it,' just realize you're using the same argument that Giants fans are using.

wellbilldancesays
06-15-2009, 12:40 PM
I see I've struck a chord in your Dodger nerve center DS.

Also it seems your missing the point entirely. I dont blame you it must be an even bitter pill to swallow to have your lowly Dodgers finally start gaining some headway only to have it shadowed by a player that Boston knew was a douche. So for you to turn it against the Angels is no suprise.

Your comparison is not even valid , no one knew or thought Glaus was juicing during the series, and when it came out he was already basically gone, at the very least didnt matter anymore.

It sucks that our World Series deserves an asterik, but at least we did win the Series with our juicer, if the Dodgers did have their juicing Manny they probally wouldn't even have made the playoffs. ;-)

Now listen up cause here is what you guys aren't getting Manny was juicing and has proven himself to be a giant douche bag time and time again, and yet he still is currently a big key for the Dodgers success. So to root for him, we'll you know.

Actually as a Sports fan I HATE anything Boston and was glad to see Manny hammering away for LA putting it in Boston's face. Then this and the way he has handle it , well it sucks.

So now I have lost all respect for him and hope he fizzle's away. And your right to continue to root for him would make any Dodger fan worse than a Giants fan since they "didnt know" about Bonds.

In fairness though a huge bright spot for the Dodgers is that they have been playing killer ball without Manny. So again why even pull for him. I hope the dodgers keep kicking butt and Manny sucks/fades away.

wellbilldancesays
06-15-2009, 12:44 PM
[QUOTE=DarkShadow;356569]I totally agree.

QUOTE]

BTW I thought you agreed with me that Manny is a douche and so is any who roots for him?

DarkShadow
06-15-2009, 01:23 PM
[QUOTE=DarkShadow;356569]I totally agree.

[QUOTE]

BTW I thought you agreed with me that Manny is a douche and so is any who roots for him?

I do agree, because I can't stand cheaters, and I won't be cheering for the guy like I did in the past. I haven't changed my stance since.

My problem is that your definition of a 'douche,' revolves around something you yourself are guilty of doing. All I'm arguing is that the pot can't call the kettle black, and the circumstances about the PEDs in baseball are so multi faceted that you cannot make a blanket statement like that, unless you yourself agree that you're on the same boat.

So I ask again, do you boo Gary Matthews Jr whenever he comes up to bat?

wellbilldancesays
06-15-2009, 01:45 PM
[QUOTE=wellbilldancesays;356847][QUOTE=DarkShadow;356569]I totally agree.

I do agree, because I can't stand cheaters, and I won't be cheering for the guy like I did in the past. I haven't changed my stance since.

My problem is that your definition of a 'douche,' revolves around something you yourself are guilty of doing. All I'm arguing is that the pot can't call the kettle black, and the circumstances about the PEDs in baseball are so multi faceted that you cannot make a blanket statement like that, unless you yourself agree that you're on the same boat.

So I ask again, do you boo Gary Matthews Jr whenever he comes up to bat?

I am personally not a fan of Gary Jr. and I wish he wasnt on the Angels. But in fairness to Gary it was never proven that Matthews ever took HGH and MLB never suspended him, BUT if I had to bet on it I know where my money would go.

And again I'm not guilty of it!! I dont root for Glaus and when I was rooting for him I didnt know he was a juicer!

I already know I'm a douche but its not for rooting for a known juicer.

troutdog
06-16-2009, 11:42 AM
So how about those first place...best record in the major leagues....20 games over .500 Dodgers?

Turning into a banner first half of the season, looking forward to getting Manny back in a few weeks now that he has almost paid his dues!

THINK BLUE!

TD

Largemouth_Mitch
06-17-2009, 10:28 AM
Wow, what a waste of time on this argument.

Any team that won the world series or was competing in the MLB in the last 10-15 years probably had people juicing on it and probably before then realistically. So if everyone was doing it then you can't put an asterix by team accomplishments just like you can't really put an asterix on individual all-stars during that time period unless you have a confirmed list of who's using and who wasn't, which isn't out there despite the Mitchell report.

The one thing that could have asterix's would be records that compete against records from back in the day such as Bonds on Hr's vs. Babe Ruth and Hank Aaron. But to be fair wouldn't we have to also consider ball park sizes, how they are set-up based on funneling the wind (Ex. The new Yankees stadium), tipping pitches, corked bats, tightly wrapped balls, pine tar, etc. The list goes on and on as far as I'm concerned.

Gary Matthews Jr= Juiced and cheated
Troy Glaus= Juiced and Cheated
Manny Ramirez= Juiced and Cheated

One of those is a Hall Of Famer, one would be an occassional all-star who had shoulder issues and the other is a decent defensive player and average MLB player. There is no asterix by the Anegls World Series win and there is no asterix by the Dodgers this year. Manny was caught and got busted for a 50 game suspension, end of story. Glaus juiced, Donnely too and Scotty S and guess what there were probably more on the Angels doing it that never got mentioned just like every other clubhouse. When every team is doing the same thing in terms of juicing then there actually is an equal playing field, so no asterix is required.

I think it's pretty funny that nobody gets that.

If Roger Clemens (juicing) is pitching to Barry Bonds (juicing) then it's an even playing field, right. The only difference then is who is working out harder or more athletic to get the most benefit from juicing. The only people hurt in this are the other 40-60% of players who weren't juicing and had weaker #'s, shorter careers and less earnings. Hey, it will pay off in the long run when they aren't getting their throats removed and testicles removed.

This entire thread deserves an asterix.

troutdog
06-17-2009, 10:34 AM
21 games over .500 and no signs of slowing....

THINK BLUE!

TD

DarkShadow
06-17-2009, 11:16 AM
Wow, what a waste of time on this argument.

Any team that won the world series or was competing in the MLB in the last 10-15 years probably had people juicing on it and probably before then realistically. So if everyone was doing it then you can't put an asterix by team accomplishments just like you can't really put an asterix on individual all-stars during that time period unless you have a confirmed list of who's using and who wasn't, which isn't out there despite the Mitchell report.

The one thing that could have asterix's would be records that compete against records from back in the day such as Bonds on Hr's vs. Babe Ruth and Hank Aaron. But to be fair wouldn't we have to also consider ball park sizes, how they are set-up based on funneling the wind (Ex. The new Yankees stadium), tipping pitches, corked bats, tightly wrapped balls, pine tar, etc. The list goes on and on as far as I'm concerned.

Gary Matthews Jr= Juiced and cheated
Troy Glaus= Juiced and Cheated
Manny Ramirez= Juiced and Cheated

One of those is a Hall Of Famer, one would be an occassional all-star who had shoulder issues and the other is a decent defensive player and average MLB player. There is no asterix by the Anegls World Series win and there is no asterix by the Dodgers this year. Manny was caught and got busted for a 50 game suspension, end of story. Glaus juiced, Donnely too and Scotty S and guess what there were probably more on the Angels doing it that never got mentioned just like every other clubhouse. When every team is doing the same thing in terms of juicing then there actually is an equal playing field, so no asterix is required.

I think it's pretty funny that nobody gets that.

If Roger Clemens (juicing) is pitching to Barry Bonds (juicing) then it's an even playing field, right. The only difference then is who is working out harder or more athletic to get the most benefit from juicing. The only people hurt in this are the other 40-60% of players who weren't juicing and had weaker #'s, shorter careers and less earnings. Hey, it will pay off in the long run when they aren't getting their throats removed and testicles removed.

This entire thread deserves an asterix.

^
The Voice of Reason

And I agree that nobody can really put anybody above or below the 'hatred' list, when that list is cloudy at best.

That is what my diatribes were meant to convey; the fact that EVERYONE in Major League baseball at one time or another, had people that were abusing PEDs. So to single a player or group of fans that cheer for said player was retarded.

NOW, the interesting conversation that always seems to come up, especially with Giants fans, is that 'Bonds' gets unfair treatment, way worse than other known Juicers.

And of course, it's hard to explain that the hatred for Bonds, although seemingly comes from the "Steroids" issue, is more based on the fact that Bonds is a díck. Bonds was hated BEFORE his head got 2 times its size. The steroid thing made it easier to hate on the guy, which is why he gets harsher treatment amongst the more visible players.

I wouldn't have wasted a keyboard stroke if WBDS had realized that it was not smart to throw stones from inside a glass house. No offense, Jeff. :Wink: We can still go fish for smallmouth.

But my last thoughts about this issue before this thread rights itself again...

It sucks that the steroid era will be analyzed and end in a big unified "Shrug" by fans, media, owners and players alike; a big, "Who Cares," mentality simply because EVERY team was affected by the issue. It sucks that it was so rampant, and Major League Baseball, in order to create an interest back to America's Past time, turned the other way, not knowing that things would ultimately come full circle. And when it did, they knew that since it was so wide spread in other sports and even in the Olympics, there would not be any condemnation; we collectively have lifted the carpet, and are slowly sweeping the ashes of that era underneath.

I took advantage of the Free Parking promotion that Dodger Stadium is offering during the Oakland series to catch a game last night. In the middle of the 8th inning, Jason Giambi crushes a ball into the All You Can Eat Pavilion, probably hitting some guy that ate too many Dodger Dogs, and quickly turning a Dodger 2 run lead, into a 1 run deficit.

As Giambi waddled across the bases, there were some fans that decided to start chanting, "STEEEEEEROOOOOIIIIIDS" over and over. And of course, ironically, half of these people were wearing 99 on their backs.

Congratulations to the new baseball.

Pull up, and take a seat.

troutdog
06-17-2009, 11:20 AM
What a great game lastnight, this team has no quit in it....down by 2-3 runs after the 6th never seems an issue anymore. If I recall correctly the Dodgers are 12-1 in one run games at Dodger Stadium :EyePop:

Hey guys feel free to enjoy the steroid thread I started for you(hint-hint)

TD

DarkShadow
06-19-2009, 02:52 PM
3 game series against the Angels @ The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim's Angel Stadium in Anaheim, followed by a 3 game series against the White Sox.

Something tells me SoCalGuy will make an appearance after both those series are over. Time to go 2 - 4.

And Weaver v Weaver on Saturday? They need to change the start time of THAT game to 4:20 and have Visine sponsor it.

troutdog
06-19-2009, 03:19 PM
3 game series against the Angels @ The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim's Angel Stadium in Anaheim, followed by a 3 game series against the White Sox.

Something tells me SoCalGuy will make an appearance after both those series are over. Time to go 2 - 4.

And Weaver v Weaver on Saturday? They need to change the start time of THAT game to 4:20 and have Visine sponsor it.

Time for the Dodgers to go 2-4? :Confused:

TD

DarkShadow
06-19-2009, 03:28 PM
Time for the Dodgers to go 2-4? :Confused:

TD

Yeah, 2 wins, 4 losses, in the 6 games.

For some reason, the Angels seem to be kryptonite to the Blue, and after the Dodger series, the Angels may very well be in 1st place in their division.

And if they manage to lose a game or 2 against the Sox as well, going 2-4 sounds more likely than not.

troutdog
06-19-2009, 03:30 PM
Yeah, 2 wins, 4 losses, in the 6 games.

For some reason, the Angels seem to be kryptonite to the Blue, and after the Dodger series, the Angels may very well be in 1st place in their division.

And if they manage to lose a game or 2 against the Sox as well, going 2-4 sounds more likely than not.

Okay I will say 4-2 then...I obviously have a little more faith in the team with the best record in the majors....hopefully I'm right and your wrong :Wink:

TD

The Angler
06-19-2009, 08:12 PM
GGGGGOOOOOOOOooooooooooo

YANKS:!!!::!!!::!!!::!!!:

wellbilldancesays
06-19-2009, 10:22 PM
Angels 3-1 over the Dodgers this year!

Way to blow a lead.

troutdog
06-19-2009, 10:32 PM
20 games over .500 still....I don't see this as a reason to panic, cheers to all the haters! :Wink:

TD

DarkShadow
06-20-2009, 06:47 AM
Great relief job from the pen, I see. Thank God i was passed out before that gem occured.

That bat flip and stare from Rivera after hitting a hanging Mota slider deserves a fastball to the dome. I hope someone steps up and puts him on his backside today. Guess it must have been his first career homer.

TD, you best ween yourself from "The Best Record In the Majors" soon. Come October, that's worth as much as our bullpen is.

troutdog
06-20-2009, 01:40 PM
Great relief job from the pen, I see. Thank God i was passed out before that gem occured.

That bat flip and stare from Rivera after hitting a hanging Mota slider deserves a fastball to the dome. I hope someone steps up and puts him on his backside today. Guess it must have been his first career homer.

TD, you best ween yourself from "The Best Record In the Majors" soon. Come October, that's worth as much as our bullpen is.

I just knew after fouling off 5+ pitches Rivera was going to go yard:Angry:

The best record thing don't really mean shet at the end of the season, although home field advantage during the playoffs wouldn't be a horrible thing...then again look what it did for the halos last season :Secret:

The bullpen is still doing a great job vs what other team's pen are doing...

So what is your gut feeling, the Dodgers going to trade Pierre for another arm or keep him?

TD

brando123
06-20-2009, 04:15 PM
We actually have the 3rd best bullpen in the national league.

troutdog
06-22-2009, 12:56 AM
Okay I will say 4-2 then...I obviously have a little more faith in the team with the best record in the majors....hopefully I'm right and your wrong :Wink:

TD

Half way home to 4-2...I hope the Dodgers smash the ChiSox! :Twisted:

Angels 3-1 over the Dodgers this year!

You can go ahead and update that anytime you like Mr Rally Monkey :LOL:

We actually have the 3rd best bullpen in the national league.

That is still not good enough right DS? :Rolls Eyes:

Great way to wrap up the weekend in LA....er uh I mean Anaheim!

TD

brando123
06-22-2009, 01:39 AM
Woow what a series, Should have been a damn sweep. Once again ouR pitching staff dissapoints. They pitched great, But we should have thrown at Rivera. We need to grow a pair. TD I call a sweep of the Crysox. Also thanks for the friend request buddy!! Night peeps.

DarkShadow
06-22-2009, 09:29 AM
That is still not good enough right DS? :Rolls Eyes:

I'm curious to see the stats used to rank each squad that are used. As I was watching the game on ESPN, they claimed we ranked first in a lot of categories.

Here's a good breakdown I found:

http://www.covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/mlb/statistics/2009/bullpenstatistics_mlb_regular.html

So from that, we can see that we have a great ERA as a bullpen staff, but that figure figures of Bellasario, Troncoso and Broxton doing most of the damage. But, when we get to guys like Wade, Mota, Ohman, and Elbert, and company, they have an ERA of over 4.5 a piece.

We also have the 2nd highest 'save' totals in the majors with 21. BUT, we also are 2nd the majors with "blown saves" 15, with only the Nationals coming in 1st with 16.

Bullpen stats are interesting. As I said before, I'd love to see what stats are used for the ranking that brando123 looked at, because I hope they're not just using "ERA" and "# of saves" as the determining factors for ranking.

It was fun watching the Dodgers take the series in Anaheim, finally chipping away at the Angel dominance over them @ Edison International Field since 2004.

And what about the NL West? Colorado winning 16 outta their last 17?

The Gayants leading the Wild Card?

Box of kittens?

wellbilldancesays
06-22-2009, 10:50 AM
Congrats to the Dodgers you guys took care of business.

Forget pitching or hitting this series was won by the Dogers because of two things on this website.

Darkshadow playing it perfect to the baseball gods by claiming the sries would go to the Angels AND my feeble attempt to rub it in after the first win made it an easy decision for the gods..

DarkShadow
06-22-2009, 11:11 AM
So what is your gut feeling, the Dodgers going to trade Pierre for another arm or keep him?

Realistically, I don't think the Dodger CAN trade him, no matter how hard they might want to, and no GM will accept paying that ridiculous contract. No team is in the spot where they need a person like Pierre right now also.

And honestly, since we're one outfielder injury away from having Jason Repko starting, might as well stick Pierre in the #4 spot for the outfield crew.

Darkshadow playing it perfect to the baseball gods by claiming the sries would go to the Angels AND my feeble attempt to rub it in after the first win made it an easy decision for the gods..

AND, Abreu having an amazing cut, hitting that screaming shot back to Kershaw after being up in the count 2-0 with the bases juiced and nobody out. That really took the wind out of the sails for the Halos. I thought having bases loaded and nobody out was just a curse reserved solely for the Dodgers. Apparently, the baseball gods are equal opportunity this year.

troutdog
06-22-2009, 11:23 AM
GGGGGOOOOOOOOooooooooooo

YANKS:!!!::!!!::!!!::!!!:

My what a difference a week makes :Wink:

Nice commentary Bill :LOL:

TD

baadfish69
06-24-2009, 12:10 AM
Yep yep yep.......Dodgers are looking good, especially considering theyve held their own without Manny. Kurodas performance tonight against the Sox was awesome. Just gotta take one more for yet another series win against an AL team.

All that crap talkin at the beginning of the season on how the NL West was SOOOOO weak...that the Dodgers should win it by default? Yet somehow I doubt any of the Dodger haters would want the Dodgers, Giants OR Rockies in their division right now. 10 games back, and them Rockies are STILL making me nervous!

Good thing Manny will be home soon......time to leave the rest of the division in the DUST!!!

WOOOHOOOO!!!! GO DODGERS!!!

DarkShadow
06-24-2009, 09:14 AM
TroutDog,

Your prediction is slowly coming to fruition for these 2 series.

I thought the Mike Scioscia Curse would continue to haunt us, and I must admit, I thought the White Sox didn't suck THIS bad. 4 hits? The Dodgers look like they're going on their way to 5-1, apparently. My prediction of 2-4 looks ridiculous now. The bullpen holds on to the first game at The New Big A last Friday, and we'd look better than that.

All that crap talkin at the beginning of the season on how the NL West was SOOOOO weak...that the Dodgers should win it by default? Yet somehow I doubt any of the Dodger haters would want the Dodgers, Giants OR Rockies in their division right now. 10 games back, and them Rockies are STILL making me nervous!

Well, see, that's the first thing Dodger haters try to claim, "The NL West sucks." Apparently, they have to find another excuse now.

And the Rockies don't worry me. They're getting a bit excited, and they'll peak too soon. It's the Giants that do worry me. If they add another bat, I don't like the idea of having to face Lincecum, Cain and Old Man Johnson in any series down the stretch.

troutdog
06-27-2009, 12:31 AM
I know DS is usually first to applaude the accolades of the men in Blue(:Rolls Eyes::LOL:), but I guess I will be first to say "WTG ANDRE ETHIER" for hitting not 1, not 2, BUT THREE home runs tonight in leading the Dodgers to victory!!!:UDaMan::Not Worthy:

TD

DarkShadow
06-27-2009, 09:56 PM
I know DS is usually first to applaude the accolades of the men in Blue(:Rolls Eyes::LOL:), but I guess I will be first to say "WTG ANDRE ETHIER" for hitting not 1, not 2, BUT THREE home runs tonight in leading the Dodgers to victory!!!:UDaMan::Not Worthy:

TD

Yeah, Dre Day went OFF.

I was a pretty awesome sight to see.

wellbilldancesays
07-01-2009, 10:37 AM
Well since Manny's been playing ball again looks like he's off to a good start with only his natural testosterone.
Batting .300 with a homerun and 2 RBIs not too shabby.

oh wait that was in the minors :Neener Neener:

DarkShadow
07-01-2009, 08:56 PM
I guess the "5 homers in a week" shot wore off.

There's no way you get 2 hit by The Grand Marquis last night. That was absolutely embarrassing.

How about that bullpen work today? Hopefully the pen holding the opposing team to zero runs becomes the norm, and not something 'shocking.'

DarkShadow
07-01-2009, 09:20 PM
Well since Manny's been playing ball again looks like he's off to a good start with only his natural testosterone.
Batting .300 with a homerun and 2 RBIs not too shabby.

5 Ks is what stands out the most.

Although I want Manny to pick up where had left off before his unscheduled vacation, realistically, it's gonna take a bit until he gets back into rhythm again, especially if he's K'ing against minor league pitching.

troutdog
07-03-2009, 01:09 PM
Yeah, Dre Day went OFF.

I was a pretty awesome sight to see.

I'm just curious as to why you were such an awesome sight to see, did you actually stand up and cheer rather than critique why he didn't hit 4?!? :ROFL:

TD

troutdog
07-03-2009, 07:30 PM
DODGERS AND THEIR FANS ROCKIN PETCO TONIGHT....5-0 after the 1st!:EyePop:

THINK BLUE!!!

TD

Hometown
07-03-2009, 10:43 PM
DODGERS AND THEIR FANS ROCKIN PETCO TONIGHT....5-0 after the 1st!:EyePop:

THINK BLUE!!!

TD

can anyone hit broxton?

DarkShadow
07-03-2009, 10:55 PM
can anyone hit broxton?

aside from Matt Stairs?

No.

KaliDawgFan
07-05-2009, 08:30 PM
They almost let one get by them today...

DarkShadow
07-06-2009, 08:42 PM
They almost let one get by them today...

Yeah, things got hairy there for a second. Broxton just couldn't find the plate.

I was out there with the Contingency in Blue, because the Dodger fans completely outnumbered Padres fans.

troutdog
07-10-2009, 02:06 AM
I almost felt bad for the Mets, nahhhhh! :LOL:

Another road series under the belt and could have very well have been a sweep....I have to admit I think Beltran and Reyes are studs and its too bad for Mets fans to have to go this long without either of them.

Doesn't seem like Manny is missing his meds much thus far either! :Wink:

TD

troutdog
07-12-2009, 02:25 PM
Another road series under the belt, 24 games over .500 and looking good....WAY TO BLUE CREW!!!!

TD

troutdog
07-19-2009, 09:18 PM
After losing the first two games by acombined score of 11-1 against the astros and in jeopardy of losing 3 in a row for the first time this season(still the only team in the majors with that distinction), the Dodgers bounced back with solid efforts from Kershaw and Kuroda to gain a series split and STILL have the best record on the majors....keep it goin Dodgers!

Just fyi.....

LOS ANGELES (AP)—An upcoming Dodgers game featuring a Manny Ramirez (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/5132/;_ylt=AubvO3313jLaP5caO_nTDsqpu7YF)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/5132/news;_ylt=Anio7IQGfG2xYK7BpXka27Opu7YF) bobblehead giveaway is a sellout, with the final tickets sold pushing the club over the 3 million mark in attendance this season.
The Dodgers announced Sunday that Wednesday’s game against the Cincinnati Reds (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/teams/cin/) is sold out. It’s the 14th consecutive season in which the Dodgers have reached 3 million tickets sold and a Major League record 24th time overall.
The Dodgers are averaging 43,682 per game this season.

TD

troutdog
07-22-2009, 10:44 AM
60-34....26 games over .500 and now the Dodgers have Schmidt back, who aside from the 1st inning looked pretty impressive the other night.

Loved the crowd reaction when Pierre took the field after Manny got hit by that pitch lastnight...this team is steam ROLLING towards the post season!!!!

TD

City Dad
07-22-2009, 03:30 PM
Wonder how long he'll be out... that hand has gotta be bruised as heck. I'd think at least two games minimum.

60-34....26 games over .500 and now the Dodgers have Schmidt back, who aside from the 1st inning looked pretty impressive the other night.

Loved the crowd reaction when Pierre took the field after Manny got hit by that pitch lastnight...this team is steam ROLLING towards the post season!!!!

TD

DarkShadow
07-22-2009, 09:25 PM
@the stadium for manny bobble head night.

r u kidding me?!?!?!

DarkShadow
07-22-2009, 10:07 PM
I almost felt bad for the Mets, nahhhhh! :LOL:

Another road series under the belt and could have very well have been a sweep....I have to admit I think Beltran and Reyes are studs and its too bad for Mets fans to have to go this long without either of them.

TD

I was out there for 2 games. Traveling to the East Coast to follow the Blue is slowly becoming a way of life, apparently.

A few things I learned about NY in general:

1. New York fans know about baseball. They're on every pitch.

2. They arrive on time and leave on time, although they have excellent public transportation, so I'll blame it on that.

3. NO BEACH BALLS, they actually pay attention to the game. Even the GF turned around and asked where the beach ball and constant interruptions of the game because of beach balls where.

4. And I know this is gonna hurt, but Nathan's Famous Hot Dogs > Farmer John Dodger Dogs

5. CITI Field is a real nice ball park.

Too bad the Mets aren't as good as their hot dogs and their new stadium.

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/9166/img0681mtf.jpg
Entering the Stadium....

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/518/img0684i.jpg
View from the LFP

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/442/img0686h.jpg
El Maniaco....

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/2214/img0693d.jpg
Hasta luego, Citi...see you next year.

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/4306/img0696w.jpg
Paying respect to one of my heroes.

GO BLUE!

MarkyMark
07-22-2009, 10:56 PM
@the stadium for manny bobble head night.

r u kidding me?!?!?!

DS

WOW!! I watched Manny's Grand Slam on TV...bet it was CRAZY at the stadium...P.S. Do you want your bobblehead???:Wink:

MM

troutdog
07-23-2009, 02:38 AM
Wonder how long he'll be out... that hand has gotta be bruised as heck. I'd think at least two games minimum.

OR maybe not!:EyePop:

Manny's 21 career grand slams only trail the legendary Lou Gehrig's 23, what an incredible moment at Dodger Stadium....this team ceases to amaze me, what is next?

TD

SoCalGuy7
07-23-2009, 08:40 AM
OR maybe not!:EyePop:

Manny's 21 career grand slams only trail the legendary Lou Gehrig's 23, what an incredible moment at Dodger Stadium....this team ceases to amaze me, what is next?

TD

Incredible.......?????

I knew (SOME) (<is that better DS)of you doyer fans would start worshiping this CHEATER once he started hitting again!

I'm pretty sure Gehrig didn't cheat on any of his slams, can you say the same for MRS. Ramirez?

All of these CHEATERS are tainting all of the great records that honest players back in the day achieved without drugs....

SICKENING....!!!!

Go ahead and try to explain how this "incredible" moment was a great moment for the LA franchise and MLB.......IT'S NOT...!!!

He

is

a

cheater.......

Do I have to .....S P E L L...... it out for you TD?

Nothing he does will impress most MLB fans that just think of him as a cheater with inflated numbers....Just (some) doyer fans that think this was incredible....as usual....

troutdog
07-23-2009, 10:15 AM
Say whatever you need to in order to make yourself feel like you are doing your public duty SoCal...you cannot take any luster off the moment and deep down I think you know it.

Have another shot of haterade and "stay thirsty my friend".

TD

wellbilldancesays
07-23-2009, 10:33 AM
It really must have been something to be there, I bet the place went nuts! No matter how you slice Manny coming to the Dodgers was a spark that set the team on fire.

Troutdog you have to admit to compare Manny after what we all know now to Lou Gehrig is weak sauce. Manny's will never be in the HOF. Whats perplexing is Manny off the juice hasnt seemed to really lost a beat, makes you wonder why he did the juice in the first place. OR is this just carry over strength from his cheating ways?

troutdog
07-23-2009, 11:18 AM
It really must have been something to be there, I bet the place went nuts! No matter how you slice Manny coming to the Dodgers was a spark that set the team on fire.

Troutdog you have to admit to compare Manny after what we all know now to Lou Gehrig is weak sauce. Manny's will never be in the HOF. Whats perplexing is Manny off the juice hasnt seemed to really lost a beat, makes you wonder why he did the juice in the first place. OR is this just carry over strength from his cheating ways?

"wellBill" I was merely comparing the numbers, I would in no way shape or form compare Manny to "The Man". Although I despise the Yankees, 2nd only to the giants....Lou Gehrig may be my all time favorite baseball player and "Pride of the Yankees" is one of my all-time top 10 favorite movies.

As far as manny never being in the HOF....that night be debateable, only time will tell. Thanks for weighing in.

TD

DarkShadow
07-24-2009, 12:30 PM
...bet it was CRAZY at the stadium...P.S. Do you want your bobblehead???:Wink:

MM

The last time I saw the stadium as energetic was the infamous Steve Finley walk off against the Giants to clinch the division. HookedASkate was in attendance and we almost broke the seats in the Loge jumping up and down after we saw the ball's trajectory and knew regardless if the ball was gone or not, it was a deep enough flyball to get a run in, and we'd win. It was sad that a lot of people around us didn't know what the win meant for the Bums, but I've come to accept that from a few of our fans.

Of course, nothing compares to being soaked in soda and pop corn during game 1 of the 88 WS, and going home that night with a sense that I had seen something memorable that I would remember through out my life.

I do have an extra bobble head, but its gonna end up being planted on scg's lawn for fun one of these days.

I knew (SOME) (<is that better DS)of you doyer fans would start...

Ur easier to train than my new boxer that keeps peeing all inside the house. I'm impressed. Keep up the good work.

MarkyMark
07-24-2009, 09:46 PM
The last time I saw the stadium as energetic was the infamous Steve Finley walk off against the Giants to clinch the division. HookedASkate was in attendance and we almost broke the seats in the Loge jumping up and down after we saw the ball's trajectory and knew regardless if the ball was gone or not, it was a deep enough flyball to get a run in, and we'd win. It was sad that a lot of people around us didn't know what the win meant for the Bums, but I've come to accept that from a few of our fans.

Of course, nothing compares to being soaked in soda and pop corn during game 1 of the 88 WS, and going home that night with a sense that I had seen something memorable that I would remember through out my life.

I do have an extra bobble head, but its gonna end up being planted on scg's lawn for fun one of these days.

Ur easier to train than my new boxer that keeps peeing all inside the house. I'm impressed. Keep up the good work.

I was overseas during that game..classic moment, classic call by Jack Buck. Have you gone to Camelback Ranch? It's right down the street from my in-laws house..I saw it 2 weeks ago

City Dad
07-26-2009, 08:06 PM
so, who thinks the Jason Schmidt Experiment is over?

baadfish69
07-27-2009, 12:18 AM

Unfortunately, I figured it was over before his previous start. Not to take anything away from a good young Marlins club......but my beloved Dodgers cant go into the playoffs with this douchebag in the rotation. Hes never been anything but Giants trash to me, ever since the Dodgers signed him.

troutdog
07-27-2009, 01:31 AM

I could see him in a mop up role, but not in the starting 5...I read on yahoo that in two starts he has thrown 142 pitches and batters have swung and missed a total of 7 times. YIKES.

TD

City Dad
07-27-2009, 06:53 AM
I could see him in a mop up role, but not in the starting 5...I read on yahoo that in two starts he has thrown 142 pitches and batters have swung and missed a total of 7 times. YIKES.

TD

you mean, like, moping up the clubhouse, right?

wellbilldancesays
07-27-2009, 07:17 AM
Unless Colletti can pull something off I'm afraid the weak link of the Dodgers this year, their pitching staff might come back to haunt them in october.
I know TD you have the best record in baseball and yada, yada, yada BUT the look at the last ten or years of teams with the best record in baseball and how many have won a title?

There are some quality pitchers available but what can the dodgers trade without giving up an important and much needed piece?

troutdog
07-27-2009, 09:30 AM
Unless Colletti can pull something off I'm afraid the weak link of the Dodgers this year, their pitching staff might come back to haunt them in october.
I know TD you have the best record in baseball and yada, yada, yada BUT the look at the last ten or years of teams with the best record in baseball and how many have won a title?

There are some quality pitchers available but what can the dodgers trade without giving up an important and much needed piece?

I think you may very well be right, but I sure hope not of course....hafta agree with you at this point in time though.

The best record thing means nothing and I realize that, just a regular season feather in the cap...come October it doesn't mean much aside from payoff home field advantage which of course can be helpful but not always.

Yeah Colletti has some very difficlt decisions to make in the next couple weeks, I am waiting in anticipation to see what they are.

TD

The Angler
07-27-2009, 10:14 AM
The desent from the top is coming for the dodgers, Im just warning ya'll so you guys will have your landing gear ready:Wink:

troutdog
07-28-2009, 11:17 AM
The desent from the top is coming for the dodgers, Im just warning ya'll so you guys will have your landing gear ready:Wink:

From the top of....? Best record in the majors? The NL west? Playoff contention? Come on these blanket statements are making me think you are related to SoCalGuy er something :LOL:

TD

dodgers91485
07-28-2009, 06:13 PM
Hello to all my brothers, the Dodger fans out here, and a big BOOO to all the GAYngels, Madres, Giants, Dbacks, GAYnkees, and Red sox fans.

Although I hate Schmidt too, we should give him an extra start or two because he deserves it just coming off the DL and his recent history of pitching coupla years back.

I hate the GAYngels but I want them to keep winning so it can be a freeway world series and they will get swept! Bragging rights for the next century or until next freeway world series!

THINK BLUE AND STAY TRUE TO THE BLUE or DIE!!!!!

wellbilldancesays
07-29-2009, 06:49 AM
Hello to all my brothers, the Dodger fans out here, and a big BOOO to all the GAYngels, Madres, Giants, Dbacks, GAYnkees, and Red sox fans.

Although I hate Schmidt too, we should give him an extra start or two because he deserves it just coming off the DL and his recent history of pitching coupla years back.

I hate the GAYngels but I want them to keep winning so it can be a freeway world series and they will get swept! Bragging rights for the next century or until next freeway world series!

THINK BLUE AND STAY TRUE TO THE BLUE or DIE!!!!!

LMAO!! A great post after another CRUSHING defeat.

Is the pitching staff just worn out or what? But not to worry Dodgers fans you have this guy on the case!!
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u65/wellbilldancesays/nedcolletti.jpg

dodgers91485
07-29-2009, 10:59 AM
Lol..Who said it was a crushing defeat? Why are you so worried about the Dodgers, to the extent that you found a picture of Coletti? Go worry about your own team because I'm sure they have wayyy more problems than the Dodgers, whichever sorry team it may be.:Big Grin:

dodgers91485
07-29-2009, 11:06 AM

Actually, lets just say the Dodgers do get to 100 victories on the season, which I'm sure they will. Theres a stat that says like 80% percent of the teams that do win 100, win the title. The exact number eludes me right now, but its somewhere around there. I guess that doesn't apply to the Angels last year..

wellbilldancesays
07-29-2009, 12:07 PM
0-10 is not a crushing defeat? How many runs do the dodgers have to get spanked by to be considered getting crushed, 15?

troutdog
07-29-2009, 12:16 PM
Yeah the Dodgers got CRUSHED, no debating that...its baseball it happens to the best of teams. Quite honestly those losses are easier to take then those games where you blow a late inning lead. Hopefully the Blue crew will bounce back tonight and put up another win!

Hats off to the Dodgers for going all this time before having a 3 game losing streak, very impressive! :Applause:

TD

wellbilldancesays
07-29-2009, 12:27 PM
Yea they were the only team to hold off the three in a row.

Its going to be interesting to see what happens by the end of this week.

baadfish69
07-29-2009, 03:01 PM
The Cards have had the Dodgers number for the past few years, so it comes as no surprise. Just like the Padres used to have the Dodgers number. We could be in first place and the Padres in last and they would still win the vast majority of the games. Certain teams just own the Dodgers, just as the Dodgers own certain teams. Thats baseball. So to act like the past couple losses are indicative of how the Dodgers are "falling apart" is just plain ignorance.

However, for the Dodgers to do well in the playoffs, something needs to happen with the pitching staff. Either they need to pick it up, or Ned needs to find someone to help. Im sure something positive will happen for the Dodgers, they are in too good of a position to just let things play out.

The Phils just landed Lee from Cleveland, and suddenly, they make me more nervous in the playoffs than they did last year. Halladays asking price is too steep obvoiously, so the Dodgers are gonna have to find an alternate route.......time will tell.

OMWAA
07-29-2009, 04:38 PM
Dodgers are the best!!

WARRIORMIKE
07-29-2009, 05:44 PM
Hey they have Dodger water for sale at Shell gas stations. Some serious high quality H20

troutdog
07-30-2009, 02:28 AM
Yeah the Dodgers got CRUSHED, no debating that...its baseball it happens to the best of teams. Quite honestly those losses are easier to take then those games where you blow a late inning lead. Hopefully the Blue crew will bounce back tonight and put up another win!

Hats off to the Dodgers for going all this time before having a 3 game losing streak, very impressive! :Applause:

TD

.....and easier than 15 inning losses too :Crying:

"lets go Dodgers!!!"

TD

wellbilldancesays
07-30-2009, 07:11 AM
Tough break! Clayton Kershaw had a solid performance but where was his help? The Dodgers have only scored three runs this series against the cards. I dont care what kind of pitching you have thats just not going to cut it.

Four losses in a row? But they still have the best record in baseball, even though they're tied with the frigging yanks.

Asecino420
07-30-2009, 04:20 PM
Dang Dodgers...tied with NY...Take us to the series!

OMWAA
07-30-2009, 04:41 PM
4 in a row.............not good not good. But hey you can't win every game.

The Angler
07-30-2009, 08:17 PM
lets make it 5 tonight...

hahaha Damn i missed the major *** whipping from the cards 0-11 much worse then the yankees worst lose i think:Shocked:

DarkShadow
07-30-2009, 08:44 PM
Should have split that effin disaster of a series but at least we didn't get swept.

Now, we get to see Schmidt get lit up tomorrow, Lowe come back to pwn his previous team, and maybe we'll pull off winning the 3rd game.

August 10th to 12th is gonna be mighty interesting. Have tix for Monday's game at PacBell, and then off to Boston to watch the Yanks in Fenway a week later. Scratch another one off the list.

wellbilldancesays
07-30-2009, 09:15 PM
Should have split that effin disaster of a series but at least , and then off to Boston to watch the Yanks in Fenway a week later. Scratch another one off the list.

Wow thats pretty cool! Questions which parks have you been to, and do you go to these places for business and squeeze in a game or just go to the games/parks just for the heck of it? Either way thats pretty sweet.

dodgers91485
07-31-2009, 03:09 AM
On my to do list before I get too old: Go to alllllll 162 dodger games across the country!

O yea, I also hear that we will probably play the Yankees next season in NY? I am definitely going there

DarkShadow
07-31-2009, 09:12 AM
Wow thats pretty cool! Questions which parks have you been to, and do you go to these places for business and squeeze in a game or just go to the games/parks just for the heck of it? Either way thats pretty sweet.

I haven't really been to many parks in my lifetime, which is why I'm trying to do so now.

This year, I've been to petco in san diego three times. The short drive makes it easy for a dodger fan to crash the stadium. I went to oakland coliseum to see the a's play the dbacks during some long weekend when I made a trip to the bay area. I'll be making my first visit this year to watch the dodgers up at PacBell in a few weeks here, although I've been to the park about half a dozen times, and the dodgers have won every game.

Last year, I did Arizona's Bank One a few times when I had connections (aka, someone who'd let me crash on their couch). I did CitiField this year to watch the Blue which was an amazing experience, and saw the new Yankee$ stadium from the outside while I was visiting since they were not in town.

As a person who lives baseball, going to Fenway is gonna be memorable, especially with the Yanks in town.

All these trips are vacations I take through out the year. I'm lucky to have friends that have somewhere for me to crash so these trips don't get too expensive, altho in new york, I was in a posh manhattan hotel courtesy of my gf's dad who got us a ridiculous rate.

In any case, the other parks I've visited that I didn't mention below:

Candlestick,
Atlanta Fulton County
Old Veteran's Field
The Big A
The New Big A
Jack Murphy Stadium
The old cardinals stadium

As u can tell, the list is short. I'm trying to knock a few out every season now which is why I'm getting off my behind and actually making it happen.

I can't wait to sit in the friendly confines at Wrigley, though.

troutdog
07-31-2009, 06:12 PM
Should have split that effin disaster of a series but at least we didn't get swept.

Now, we get to see Schmidt get lit up tomorrow, Lowe come back to pwn his previous team, and maybe we'll pull off winning the 3rd game.

August 10th to 12th is gonna be mighty interesting. Have tix for Monday's game at PacBell, and then off to Boston to watch the Yanks in Fenway a week later. Scratch another one off the list.

I just love when you make doomsday predictions....Schmidt has a 1 hit shutout through 5 innings, keep up the fine work :LOL:

TD

baadfish69
07-31-2009, 06:18 PM
I just love when you make doomsday predictions....Schmidt has a 1 hit shutout through 5 innings, keep up the fine work :LOL:

TD

Hahha...yeah after I tear him a new one too. Sometimes its nice to be wrong...hope he keeps it up!

SoCalGuy7
08-01-2009, 10:10 AM
My personal opinion is that Philly and the Cards made huge trades and the doyers sat on their hands, Sherrill is a good pitcher.

Doyers only have one homerun this week and look what happened in St. Louis.....