PDA

View Full Version : Dodger thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3

SoCalGuy7
08-01-2009, 10:11 AM
Dang Dodgers...tied with NY...Take us to the series!

Exactly what I was referring to, in my other post...DS.......:Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes:

The Angler
08-03-2009, 09:07 PM
Dodgers seem back on track taking the lead for best record again..

troutdog
08-03-2009, 09:14 PM
My personal opinion is that Philly and the Cards made huge trades and the doyers sat on their hands, Sherrill is a good pitcher.

Doyers only have one homerun this week and look what happened in St. Louis.....

If you recall correctly Tampa Bay stood pat and the Phillies added Blanton last season at the trade deadline and look where they wound up....screw getting Halladay, his added years and his mega salary in exchange for Kershaw and our young prospects. Sherrill is a stud and the Dodgers arguably now have the deepest pen in the majors, just get me to the playoffs and I'll take my chances...PHILLIES do look very formidable though :Shocked:

TD

DarkShadow
08-04-2009, 07:20 PM
Exactly what I was referring to, in my other post...DS.......:Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes:

Yes, because the face of the entire fan base of the Dodgers revolves around some guy with '420' in his screen name. Using that logic, I'll just pull up a few more action shots of your fans beating the crap outta an opponent's base coach, and say that all Sox fans are idiots based on one person. Wait, didn't another fan decide to beat up on an umpire a few weeks later? I digress.

And what if he's rooting the team to the World Series? What's wrong with that? Vegas odds back up his claim. You're acting as if a Nationals fan blurted out the same thing.

Should he be like an under achieving White Sox fan, who roots for a .500 season or a Chicago Cubs loss? I'd be rooting to get outta that stadium without altitude sickness, personally.

http://www.ballparksofbaseball.com/al/uscell.jpg
No, this is not a shot from the Hubble Telescope from space.

WARRIORMIKE
08-04-2009, 09:00 PM
If your watching the Dodger game right now, I sold those cleat and spike cleaner to them. its on the mound:ROFL::ROFL:

baadfish69
08-05-2009, 12:09 PM
Fielder charges the Dodgers clubhouse after the game? What a loser. That guy has got to be the biggest douchebag in baseball. Attacking teamates, opponents clubhouses...whats next? This thug should be in prison, not Major League Baseball. Mota hit him in the thigh......some pitchers wouldnt have been so nice.

wellbilldancesays
08-05-2009, 12:37 PM
Fielder charges the Dodgers clubhouse after the game? What a loser. That guy has got to be the biggest douchebag in baseball.

Agreed, right there along with Mota.

troutdog
08-05-2009, 12:44 PM

Please explain...I assume you are not saying this because he had Manny's back are you?

TD

wellbilldancesays
08-05-2009, 12:51 PM
Well for starters how about his 50 game suspension for violating the drug policy?

wellbilldancesays
08-05-2009, 12:53 PM
Or the time he did the same thing to Piazza, then ran like a girl when Mike went after him.

troutdog
08-05-2009, 01:00 PM
Okay so it was not for have a team mate's back...fair enough, lets face it everyone has their opinion about the drug violaters who have been suspended. No argument on that one.

I have a feeling you would have run from Piazza too :LOL:

TD

wellbilldancesays
08-05-2009, 01:05 PM
Okay so it was not for have a team mate's back...fair enough,

I have a feeling you would have run from Piazza too :LOL:

TD

:LOL: maybe! But if I were a professional MLB Pitcher I doubt I would, I'd try my best to give him a little Nolan Ryan treatment. I mean at LEAST try and save face, the benches clear out so fast you just have to last a couple of seconds. Easier said than done though!

wellbilldancesays
08-05-2009, 01:34 PM
I can guarantee you I wouldn't had done this! LMAO!

http://sammagonline.blogspot.com/2007/12/piazza-vs-mota.html

troutdog
08-05-2009, 01:38 PM
I can guarantee you I wouldn't had done this! LMAO!

http://sammagonline.blogspot.com/2007/12/piazza-vs-mota.html

To his credit Mota sure is accurate with a mitt though :ROFL:

Nice find....

TD

DarkShadow
08-05-2009, 08:00 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bWV4GqLLBQ&feature=related

Ok, Prince is a douche, what can I say. In fact, after seeing these videos, he seems like those "Hold Me Back, Dogg" type of douchebags. (We all know atleast one...they're usually wearing the TapouT shirt at Sharkeez in Newport)

Sure, you can Mota a douche for doing steroids, but unlike many, at least he actually served the time for his crime, unlike many others that lucked out.

But I hope you weren't calling him a douche for throwing at Fielder. Because coming from a fan of a team who's manager is a big supporter of pitching staff 'taking care of business' whenever their players get thrown at, it'd be pretty hilarious.

(On a side note, too bad football doesn't have the equivalent of a brush back pitch. it sucks these guys can only play one side of the ball, because i'd love to see the guy dancing in the end zone, get the equivalent of a fastball in the ear flap. Can you imagine someone celebrating a home run, like football players celebrate a touch down? They'd get one right in the between their numbers the next time at bat)

Back on topic, Fielder should've known what the unwritten rule is, and taken his base, without making it a spectacle. Coincidentally, Orlando Hudson took his IntentionalHBP in the Florida game like a grown man. He knew why he got drilled. Fielder should have done the same thing. At least it wasn't fastball at his dome.

Looking at the video of Fielder 'supposedly' wanting to go talk to Mota after the game, it made me laugh knowing he could've damn well flung the 120 pound security guard out of the way and been in the Dodger clubhouse faster than he could wipe out a buffet. But, he didn't want to...all bark, no bite. I won't call him a douche, but I will call him a little b!tch. Last time I checked, you fight these battles within the diamond, not outside in the clubhouse, cuz now you're considered Bush League.

The Angler
08-05-2009, 11:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bWV4GqLLBQ&feature=related
(On a side note, too bad football doesn't have the equivalent of a brush back pitch. it sucks these guys can only play one side of the ball, because i'd love to see the guy dancing in the end zone, get the equivalent of a fastball in the ear flap. Can you imagine someone celebrating a home run, like football players celebrate a touch down? They'd get one right in the between th

Actually they do have somthing similar, They have bountys!! Remember the whole boldin deal when he got his face shattered!!! Rodger Godell is now fining players for Hitting a player to violently I belive the first was the reciever from the Steelers who got fined, And heard an interview with him about bountys being set before games the coaches would all "donate" some money to the player who gives the biggest shot to whatever player there targeting that night.

troutdog
08-06-2009, 10:33 PM
WOW!!!! :EyePop:

What a way to end the game, wtg Andre!!!

TD

DarkShadow
08-09-2009, 04:26 PM
Wild card berth, here we come!!

troutdog
08-09-2009, 05:54 PM
Wild card berth, here we come!!

Slow down DS....

I don't like seeing Ethier batting 2nd though, what was that all about?

Dodgers heading to frisco for a 3 game set....hold on tight!

TD

DarkShadow
08-09-2009, 07:57 PM
a recap before we enter the Bay Area and have to face both Lincecum and Cain.

I can say that in the past 17 games:

• Our bullpen looks spent. Could it be the fact our starting pitchers can not go more than 5 innings, and our bullpen probably has the most innings pitched for any staff in baseball? Do you blame this on Torre for not letting the starting staff work out of situations more, or do you blame this on the starting staff not manning up? And what's up with Broxton? He's extremely shaky at this point, and i would not mind if Torre went with a platoon closer, where Sherril gets the nod if lefties are up, and Brox the Ox would get the nod if there are righties up, because at this point, I keep on having flashbacks of Matt Stairs.

• Our offense looks spent. Hudson and Blake are going into their expected 2nd half slide, Ramirez looks like the effects of being gone 50 games is a good possibility, Ethier and Kemp show moments of offense here and there, and Loney, and Martin are GIDP (Ground into double play) machines, and Furcal is Furcal. We can't score runs with 2 outs, and we manage to get inopportune hits during close games. Our approach to the plate looks sickly. We let piped fastballs go early in the count, and then we hack at pitcher's pitches late in the at bat, which result in weak fly balls, or rolling over ground balls all over the infield. Mattingly needs to change this team's approach to the plate, because although the Dodgers can score 17 runs on a team one day, they'll go an entire weekend scoring 1 run a game.

• I'm tired of Joe Torre's "AL" mentality when it comes to managing this team. Apparently nobody's told him that he can't expect a jack from anyone in the lineup anytime he wants one. Apparently, he doesn't realize James Loney isn't Giambi (when he was juicing.)These aren't the Yankees. There are so many situations in the past few games, where he had made dumb åss mistakes. From not pinch running Pierre for Manny upon hitting a double and the game tied late, and then Manny getting thrown out at home on a base hit, to not squeeze playing with Martin up and runners on 1st and 3rd, it seems Torre sits on his hands expecting Ramirez to jack one every at bat. (Kinda like most Dodger fans at the stadium, actually)

• We have a rotation of 4. Our 5th guy is slated to get the loss the minute they get on the mound, regardless if it's Stultz, Macdonald, the Dream Weaver, or my mom. Would've been nice for Ned to pick up a starting pitcher before the trade deadline, because it's not a matter if one would 'make us better,' but rather, 'we NEED a body to pitch in the rotation.'

and oh yeah

• Jason Schmidt still sucks. They should DFA that guy already.

We take 1 outta 3 in the bay, and our lead is still 4.5. Then our roader consists of teams like the Pirates, GNATionals, Reds, Madres, and D-Bags.

If we can't beat those teams, we don't deserve to be in the post season anyway.

:Wink:

wellbilldancesays
08-10-2009, 08:15 AM
It will be interesting to see how Manny responds against the Giants. Since I'm sure the fans their will be the most negative towards Manny since his return back.
Will he silence them with the long ball or will he treat them like the whole roid issue and just bury his head in the sand?

troutdog
08-10-2009, 11:46 AM
a recap before we enter the Bay Area and have to face both Lincecum and Cain.

I can say that in the past 17 games:

• Our bullpen looks spent. Could it be the fact our starting pitchers can not go more than 5 innings, and our bullpen probably has the most innings pitched for any staff in baseball? Do you blame this on Torre for not letting the starting staff work out of situations more, or do you blame this on the starting staff not manning up? And what's up with Broxton? He's extremely shaky at this point, and i would not mind if Torre went with a platoon closer, where Sherril gets the nod if lefties are up, and Brox the Ox would get the nod if there are righties up, because at this point, I keep on having flashbacks of Matt Stairs.

• Our offense looks spent. Hudson and Blake are going into their expected 2nd half slide, Ramirez looks like the effects of being gone 50 games is a good possibility, Ethier and Kemp show moments of offense here and there, and Loney, and Martin are GIDP (Ground into double play) machines, and Furcal is Furcal. We can't score runs with 2 outs, and we manage to get inopportune hits during close games. Our approach to the plate looks sickly. We let piped fastballs go early in the count, and then we hack at pitcher's pitches late in the at bat, which result in weak fly balls, or rolling over ground balls all over the infield. Mattingly needs to change this team's approach to the plate, because although the Dodgers can score 17 runs on a team one day, they'll go an entire weekend scoring 1 run a game.

• I'm tired of Joe Torre's "AL" mentality when it comes to managing this team. Apparently nobody's told him that he can't expect a jack from anyone in the lineup anytime he wants one. Apparently, he doesn't realize James Loney isn't Giambi (when he was juicing.)These aren't the Yankees. There are so many situations in the past few games, where he had made dumb åss mistakes. From not pinch running Pierre for Manny upon hitting a double and the game tied late, and then Manny getting thrown out at home on a base hit, to not squeeze playing with Martin up and runners on 1st and 3rd, it seems Torre sits on his hands expecting Ramirez to jack one every at bat. (Kinda like most Dodger fans at the stadium, actually)

• We have a rotation of 4. Our 5th guy is slated to get the loss the minute they get on the mound, regardless if it's Stultz, Macdonald, the Dream Weaver, or my mom. Would've been nice for Ned to pick up a starting pitcher before the trade deadline, because it's not a matter if one would 'make us better,' but rather, 'we NEED a body to pitch in the rotation.'

and oh yeah

• Jason Schmidt still sucks. They should DFA that guy already.

We take 1 outta 3 in the bay, and our lead is still 4.5. Then our roader consists of teams like the Pirates, GNATionals, Reds, Madres, and D-Bags.

If we can't beat those teams, we don't deserve to be in the post season anyway.

:Wink:

Lots of good points DS, correction regarding the pitchers we face though....we miss Cain this time around.

GO BLUE!

TD

The Angler
08-10-2009, 03:59 PM
You guys better be keeping you fingers crossed 5.5 games up and a series In SF isnt looking to pretty for the BLUE KREW. Three game losing streak also? I smell a sweep in the air in San Francisco:EyePop:

brando123
08-10-2009, 09:06 PM
HAHA! Matty sure shut up those Giant fans!!!

troutdog
08-10-2009, 09:37 PM
You guys better be keeping you fingers crossed 5.5 games up and a series In SF isnt looking to pretty for the BLUE KREW. Three game losing streak also? I smell a sweep in the air in San Francisco:EyePop:

Teams 20 games over .500 with one of the best managers in the game do not need to rely on finger crossing, sweep this! :Wink:

TD

Hometown
08-10-2009, 10:21 PM
Lets get the hated ones

baadfish69
08-10-2009, 11:00 PM
hahaha.....sweep my arse!

I dont care how good the Gnats are playing.....

wellbilldancesays
08-11-2009, 07:35 AM
A good win for the Dodgers. Also a needed win for confidence.

Question, I dont know about this but some of you guys probably do.
Don't the Dodgers have one or two guys they could bring up from the minors to help out with pitching? Bring them in now and slowly work them in and maybe hopefully have some experience and some options in the post season?

baadfish69
08-11-2009, 04:37 PM
A good win for the Dodgers. Also a needed win for confidence.

Question, I dont know about this but some of you guys probably do.
Don't the Dodgers have one or two guys they could bring up from the minors to help out with pitching? Bring them in now and slowly work them in and maybe hopefully have some experience and some options in the post season?

I dont follow the farm system as much as I should, but I think the prospect who would be the closest to being major league ready is a kid named Josh Lindblom, who was selected in the 2nd round of last years draft...out of Purdue. Hes big (6'5", 220), throws hard and has a tight slider. However, he was a closer in Purdue, and the Dodgers are grooming him to be a starter....I think. Anyways....he is still a ways away Im sure.

Im afraid we are stuck with a platoon of Weaver/Stultz, unless Ned can work a miracle.

DarkShadow
08-11-2009, 07:03 PM
... unless Ned can work a miracle.

And hopefully that miracle doesn't involve people named Padilla or Smoltz.

DarkShadow
08-11-2009, 09:17 PM
It will be interesting to see how Manny responds against the Giants. Since I'm sure the fans their will be the most negative towards Manny since his return back.
Will he silence them with the long ball or will he treat them like the whole roid issue and just bury his head in the sand?

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/1948/2hdocvt.png

I don't think Manny had to much to worry about considering the mitigating circumstances :Wink:. It easier to relax when you're not under indictment by the Feds.

You see the bomb he hit today? He shoulda yelled 'fore' before as soon as he yoked that.

Kemp's bomb needed a tracking number too.

Hometown
08-11-2009, 10:07 PM
2 down 1 to go nice outing wolf

troutdog
08-11-2009, 10:11 PM

Hmm maybe you were on to something there Angler :Wink:

TD

Hometown
08-11-2009, 10:56 PM
[/COLOR]

Hmm maybe you were on to something there Angler :Wink:

TD

amen:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::Secret::Envious :

baadfish69
08-11-2009, 11:32 PM
And hopefully that miracle doesn't involve people named Padilla or Smoltz.

Hahah....I said miracle...DS...not NIGHTMARE!

fishfinder
08-12-2009, 12:48 AM
the boys in blue are back to winning. got my world series ticket money in the bank. see you at game 3 from the nose bleed section.

City Dad
08-12-2009, 11:54 AM
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/1948/2hdocvt.png

I don't think Manny had to much to worry about considering the mitigating circumstances :Wink:. It easier to relax when you're not under indictment by the Feds.

You see the bomb he hit today? He shoulda yelled 'fore' before as soon as he yoked that.

Kemp's bomb needed a tracking number too.

the best part about that picture are the Dodger Jersey's in the outfield section... can you imagine someone walking into the left field pavilion of Dodger stadium in a giants jersey? "Thtop it! Thtop teathing me! Oooh, I hate you Dodger fanths!!!"

The Angler
08-12-2009, 03:46 PM
the boys in blue are back to winning. got my world series ticket money in the bank. see you at game 3 from the nose bleed section.

haha fo sho. If its Doyers vs Yankees I'll be there wit you bro. Just in my TRUE BLUE Yankee suit though:Cool:

DarkShadow
08-12-2009, 09:00 PM

Woah, pump your brakes there. You're gonna get SoCalGuy fired up.

And I'll start thinking about the World Series, once we win the NLCS...and I'll start thinking about the NLCS when we win the NLDS...and I'll think about the NLDS once we win the West....

the best part about that picture are the Dodger Jersey's in the outfield section... can you imagine someone walking into the left field pavilion of Dodger stadium in a giants jersey? "Thtop it! Thtop teathing me! Oooh, I hate you Dodger fanths!!!"

On Monday, there was some guys dressed up as pregnant women, wearing dreadlocks, and #99 t shirts. Although, that's probably how they dress normally, so I dunno.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_YcCDlxyWk

Giants fans are apparently tough.

(Make sure the dogs aren't in the room, the Dodger fan's yelling is quite annoying, and it scared my dog)

And does Mota mean "Walk Off Homer Giver Upper" in Spanish? Or does it mean "Dead Arm?"

Seriously, that guy needs a one way ticket to Albuquerque considering his performances his last few outings. I refuse to believe we don't have anybody else in Triple A that wouldn't suck as bad as he has during the majority of his tenure with the Dodgers. I'll take Smoltz at this point.

Taking 2 out of 3 from the Halloween Colored Foes was definitely a step in the right direction, tho.

fishfinder
08-12-2009, 10:09 PM
32-13 against the west........lets hope we play rockies or giants in first round

troutdog
08-12-2009, 10:37 PM
32-13 against the west........lets hope we play rockies or giants in first round

I agree, but unfortunately that can't happen. Should the rocks or gnats take the wild card the Dodgers would play one of the two other division winners...heard it the other day on one of the broadcasts.

We are kickin butt in the division and that has made all the difference for sure!

TD

The Angler
08-13-2009, 11:36 PM
wow walk off for the win Sf saves the sweep!!!

DarkShadow
08-15-2009, 08:36 PM
Paging Ned Colletti.

We need a starting pitcher last month, but now with the Kuroda wearing a baseball in his head, we need 2 starting pitchers. The Phillies ended up signing Pedro for $1 million. Didn't we have enough in petty cash to have matched that? Apparently not.

And paging Joe Torre, put down the Bigelow tea, and start paying attention to the actual game.

Broxton is not Mariano Rivera. It is perfectly ok to demote someone from the closer role if their performance has taken a tumultuous downhill swing. But, that would require Torre getting off his åss and actually managing a team, which apparently, he never had to do with the other teams money has managed to assemble for him.

The Rockies are within striking distance, and we face 2 great pitchers during the Cardinal series. We've gone from "the best records in the majors" to, "the pilot has turned on the fasten seat belt sign, as we are about to hit some major turbulence."

City Dad
08-17-2009, 09:36 AM
Paging Ned Colletti.

We need a starting pitcher last month, but now with the Kuroda wearing a baseball in his head, we need 2 starting pitchers. The Phillies ended up signing Pedro for $1 million. Didn't we have enough in petty cash to have matched that? Apparently not.

And paging Joe Torre, put down the Bigelow tea, and start paying attention to the actual game.

Broxton is not Mariano Rivera. It is perfectly ok to demote someone from the closer role if their performance has taken a tumultuous downhill swing. But, that would require Torre getting off his åss and actually managing a team, which apparently, he never had to do with the other teams money has managed to assemble for him.

The Rockies are within striking distance, and we face 2 great pitchers during the Cardinal series. We've gone from "the best records in the majors" to, "the pilot has turned on the fasten seat belt sign, as we are about to hit some major turbulence."

can't help but feel momentum slowly fading... sadly, I predict boys in blue will be lucky to be themsleves within striking distance of a wildcard birth come middle of September... they've won, what, like two series since the all-star break?

DarkShadow
08-17-2009, 10:01 AM
It's ok, as we have the knuckle baller we just called up from the farm starting today against some no-name the RedBirds are throwing against us called Chris Carpenter. Alber Pujols and Matt Holliday don't know what's coming their way!

wellbilldancesays
08-17-2009, 12:38 PM
Try to be positive guys!! Maybe they are getting the "slump" out of the way now. Better than starting a slump in the first round of the playoffs.

troutdog
08-17-2009, 12:57 PM
I still think the Dodgers are going to take the West and finish with one of the best records in the majors....Manny has been slumping a little, but I still the Dodgers are in good shape. Hopefully a little more pitching will find its way onto the field. Are there anyother Clayton Kershaw's in the farm system by chance? :Wink:

TD

City Dad
08-17-2009, 04:38 PM
I still think the Dodgers are going to take the West and finish with one of the best records in the majors....Manny has been slumping a little, but I still the Dodgers are in good shape. Hopefully a little more pitching will find its way onto the field. Are there anyother Clayton Kershaw's in the farm system by chance? :Wink:

TD

From your lips to Bigfoot's ears!

The Angler
08-17-2009, 05:59 PM
Well 5 games up is still a pretty good lead above Colorado. Like mentioned already be happy that the slump is going down right sonner than later when its going to matter the most. We'll see ya'll in the series:Cool:

Go Yankees

Hometown
08-17-2009, 09:48 PM
nice outing for the kid i hope he can keep it up good luck kuroda im glad it looks like he will be ok go dodgers

wellbilldancesays
08-18-2009, 08:51 AM
Not too bad of a start for the kid in his MLB debut, just didnt have any offense to back him up, or not enough.

Manny batting like .210 in his last 17 games?! Throwing up goose eggs 40% of the games since the all star break! Man who knew some preggo pills could have that big of an affect on batting?

Maybe the Dodgers should bench Manny and start Pierre?

wellbilldancesays
08-18-2009, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VineAssist
Lets see I was going to say under 79... But I will be nice and say about 90... But I still say the boys in red will win more.

You wanna bump it up to $100?

TD

TD you still taking bets on this?

troutdog
08-18-2009, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VineAssist
Lets see I was going to say under 79... But I will be nice and say about 90... But I still say the boys in red will win more.

I think you know the answer to that one already Bill :LOL:

For the record you will see a HUUUUGE difference in the way the Dodgers perform on the field the next month as I have done a sacred ritual after the completion of lastnight's game! It involved sacrificing the ralley monkey :Secret:

TD

DarkShadow
08-18-2009, 10:19 AM

Lol'ers. I think he was channeling his inner BadFish2 right there.

TD, u better start giving a -900 on that line, to compensate for the big swing of bettors that are now lined up at the FNN Sportsbook putting money on the Angels.

Cangler
08-18-2009, 01:28 PM
Not too bad of a start for the kid in his MLB debut, just didnt have any offense to back him up, or not enough.

Manny batting like .210 in his last 17 games?! Throwing up goose eggs 40% of the games since the all star break! Man who knew some preggo pills could have that big of an affect on batting?

Maybe the Dodgers should bench Manny and start Pierre?

Manny needs to be back on the juice.
Does anyone else have this feeling that the boys in blue
are going to blow it ?

DarkShadow
08-18-2009, 04:03 PM
Does anyone else have this feeling that the boys in blue
are going to blow it ?

Impossible. I already have my world series tickets bought, and have already reserved my spot on the streets of downtown LA where the parade is going to go through.

City Dad
08-19-2009, 10:30 AM
Padilla?>>>>>>

Cangler
08-19-2009, 11:23 AM
Padilla?>>>>>>

4.92 ERA and a worse attitude than mine ... nice

DarkShadow
08-19-2009, 01:36 PM
Padilla?>>>>>>

Problem solved!!! :-/

SoCalGuy7
08-19-2009, 05:20 PM

For the record you will see a HUUUUGE difference in the way the Dodgers perform on the field the next month as I have done a sacred ritual after the completion of lastnight's game! It involved sacrificing the ralley monkey :Secret:

TD

Or is it that the 5 teams you play next month have a combined 261-336 record?

An average of 15 games below .500......

Just throwing it out there......:Envious:

troutdog
08-19-2009, 05:49 PM
Or is it that the 5 teams you play next month have a combined 261-336 record?

An average of 15 games below .500......

Just throwing it out there......:Envious:

I seriously had no idea who they were playing before sacrificing the ralley monkey, but thanks for staying on top of things doctor. Hey regardless of your opponent's record, you still have to win those games....perhaps the fact that the Dodgers are 22 games over .500 says a lot about the team considering they have already played so many tough opponents? :Idea: (Just a thought)

TD

The Angler
08-19-2009, 06:21 PM
Better start sacrificing more than one rally monkey TD. Looks like the prophecies The Babe fortold me in a dream are coming true. Dodgers might be chasin for wild card if that.:ROFL:

The Angler
08-19-2009, 06:33 PM
the desent from the top is coming for the dodgers, im just warning ya'll so you guys will have your landing gear ready:wink:

mayday!!!! Mayday!!!!

SoCalGuy7
08-19-2009, 06:40 PM
I seriously had no idea who they were playing before sacrificing the ralley monkey, but thanks for staying on top of things doctor. Hey regardless of your opponent's record, you still have to win those games....perhaps the fact that the Dodgers are 22 games over .500 says a lot about the team considering they have already played so many tough opponents? :Idea: (Just a thought)

TD

So true TD, that's why they play the games...

troutdog
08-21-2009, 09:48 PM

TD

3 of 4 since the sacrifice and the halos look mortal all the sudden....hmmmmm :Idea:

TD

Hometown
08-22-2009, 02:42 PM
I want a freeway series

wellbilldancesays
08-24-2009, 06:22 AM
"We've got to go out and play hard and if not, we come back next year and play again," Ramirez said. "We're not going to go and kill ourselves, you know."

Hmmmm sounds a little like defeat.

Also see the Dodger fans are starting to turn a little on Manny, by letting the boo birds out!

The Angler
08-24-2009, 08:35 AM
Lets make it 2 games up after the dodgers lose to colorado. My predictions have all come true so far. Sorry TD & all you other doyer fans out there. Colorado has snuck up on u guys bad. U guys better be praying for a wildcard spot!!!

Oh yea Yanks still got the best record in MLB and up 7.5 game just in case u guys forgot:ROFL:

troutdog
08-24-2009, 11:41 AM
"We've got to go out and play hard and if not, we come back next year and play again," Ramirez said. "We're not going to go and kill ourselves, you know."

Hmmmm sounds a little like defeat.

Also see the Dodger fans are starting to turn a little on Manny, by letting the boo birds out!

I think the boo birds have come out the result of the past 2 weeks at the plate, Manny will get back into his grove at the plate...

Lets make it 2 games up after tonight. My predictions have all come true so far. Sorry TD & all you other doyer fans out there. Colorado has snuck up on u guys bad. U guys better be praying for a wildcard spot!!!

Oh yea Yanks still got the best record in MLB and up 7.5 game just in case u guys forgot:ROFL:

First lets clarifying since you are using some new math of some kind, but the closest the rockies can come to first is 3 games, they are curretnly 3.5 out so it is either 3 or 4 games....not 2.

If I recall correctly the Dodgers best record of the season had them 26 games over .500, they are currently 23 games over that mark now. Everyone seems to be thinking they are choking, when the truth be told is the rockies and giants are simply playing great ball. I for one am not concerned, the toughest part of their schedule is already finished.

As George Bush once said "READ MY LIPS...." the Dodgers WILL take the West, what happens in the playoffs is a roll of the dice. Just get me there and I will take my chances!

You better hope the tankees don't play the halos in the first round, cause they 0wn them!

TD

wellbilldancesays
08-24-2009, 12:58 PM
I think the boo birds have come out the result of the past 2 weeks at the plate, Manny will get back into his grove at the plate...
TD

That and not hustling/ playing balls right in the outfield but isn't that just Manny being Manny?

And as far as getting his "groove" if he does that would be a great piece for SportsCenter...

"How Manny got his groove back"

lmao!

Hometown
08-24-2009, 05:15 PM
If you want to hate on yhe dodgers make sure they are playing that day before you perdict a loss or is your math that bad td i still want that freeway series go dodgers

DarkShadow
08-24-2009, 08:03 PM
I'm hoping the swine flu takes out the rest of the NL West, so we can cruise to an easy 9.5 game lead.

Didn't you know that's why we got Vicente Padilla? We'll have him cough on the Rockies during his first start in Dodger Blue. :Surprised: *cough cough*

The Angler
08-25-2009, 09:49 PM
Uh do I need to rub it in..
Like I said after the rockies win they'll be back 2!!!
No new math here just the facts!

fishfinder
08-25-2009, 10:36 PM
looks like if i go to the world series, it wil be in anaheim

SoCalGuy7
08-26-2009, 08:52 AM

:Popcorn:

Good thing you have those easy teams next month...:ROFL:

Cangler
08-26-2009, 10:08 AM
The end is nigh .... all doom and gloom ahead

Hometown
08-26-2009, 10:21 AM
your math still is no good you posted that the lead would be 2 games on monday today is wed

troutdog
08-26-2009, 10:22 AM
The pitching is still solid...and the bats will come back around.

The rockies have THE best record in baseball since the end of June, that seems to be getting lost in this thread for some reason. Credit is definitely due and it is hard to dislike Jim Tracy, but the Dodgers will still prevail and take the West.

THINK BLUE

TD

wellbilldancesays
08-26-2009, 10:38 AM
looks like if i go to the world series, it wil be in anaheim

dont count on it, those guys are in a funk too.

Troudog brings up a good point Rockies are on fire but their is also alot of OPTIMISM in the first part of your post.

troutdog
08-26-2009, 10:55 AM
dont count on it, those guys are in a funk too.

Troudog brings up a good point Rockies are on fire but their is also alot of OPTIMISM in the first part of your post.

I think a lineup including Manny, Kemp, Eithier and Blake is deserving of a sense of optimism...EVERY team has both hitting and pitching slumps in a 162 game season.

Although I am not a diehard halo fan, I still consider them my AL team....they should be making a post season appearance when everything is said and done....tonight's start by Saunders should prove interesting to say the least.

TD

wellbilldancesays
08-26-2009, 12:01 PM
TD I'm sorry to inform you but you have a juiceless Manny now who is only a medicore bat at best now.

troutdog
08-26-2009, 03:25 PM
TD I'm sorry to inform you but you have a juiceless Manny now who is only a medicore bat at best now.

Please don't tell me you honestly believe that.....I consider the majority of your statements as fairly credible.

TD

The Angler
08-26-2009, 03:50 PM
your math still is no good you posted that the lead would be 2 games on monday today is wed

I guess U are that dumb?

Yes I said that on MONDAY, The DODGERS PLAYED YESTERDAY which was tuesday and LOST THE FIRST GAME AGAINST COLORADO LIKE I SAID!!!

Maybe the CAPS Letters will help you a bit?

Like I said after the Dodgers lose to Colorado they'll be back 2 geez didnt know a little trash talking statement would be so hard to understand for some!

wellbilldancesays
08-26-2009, 04:46 PM
Please don't tell me you honestly believe that.....I consider the majority of your statements as fairly credible.

TD

TD first off I don't even consider my posts credible! lol

Secondly we now know Manny is not on the juice any more and his performance is considerably off. Factor that in with the MLB batting average as a whole is usually around .260 , seems like he is mediocre at best now, no?

troutdog
08-26-2009, 04:58 PM
TD first off I don't even consider my posts credible! lol

Secondly we now know Manny is not on the juice any more and his performance is considerably off. Factor that in with the MLB batting average as a whole is usually around .260 , seems like he is mediocre at best now, no?

:ROFL:...nice response

I randomly picked JD Drew out of the hat and ironically he is batting .260, so you would rather have someone like JD over Manny? Bottom line I think this season and next needs to play out before anyone can make an accurate judgement.

TD

wellbilldancesays
08-26-2009, 05:06 PM
:ROFL:...nice response

I randomly picked JD Drew out of the hat and ironically he is batting .260, so you would rather have someone like JD over Manny? Bottom line I think this season and next needs to play out before anyone can make an accurate judgement.

TD

Personally yes I would take Drew over Manny. But thats just me. And only time will tell is true, but not a good start.

Saw this and thought it was kinda funny.
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u65/wellbilldancesays/stupiddodgers.png

troutdog
08-26-2009, 06:56 PM
Niiiiiice :ROFL:

Update Mile High City....Dodgers bust out the big bats!

6-1 in the 4th.....

I'm telling you the Dodgers are superior than this Colorado team and they/we WILL take the West!!!!

TD

DarkShadow
08-27-2009, 01:15 PM
http://media.nbclosangeles.com/images/397*298/dodger_casket.jpg

troutdog
08-27-2009, 01:17 PM
Nice bunk bed DS.....

TD

troutdog
08-27-2009, 03:56 PM
The end is nigh .... all doom and gloom ahead

Rockie fan reference I assume? :Wink:

TD

Hometown
08-27-2009, 04:37 PM
Nice dodgers get out of town 4 games up bring on the reds but it will be strange pulling for the hated ones this weekend ht

Hometown
08-30-2009, 05:43 PM
Its been quiet i have not herd from the dodger haters go blue

troutdog
08-30-2009, 11:27 PM
4-2 roadtrip....back to a 6 game lead in the West, doubters and haters where you at? :LOL:

Headin to the game Monday night with Lil TD, free tix compliments of BingJr...thanks Scott!

TD

The Angler
08-31-2009, 11:11 AM
4-2 roadtrip....back to a 6 game lead in the West, doubters and haters where you at? :LOL:

Headin to the game Monday night with Lil TD, free tix compliments of BingJr...thanks Scott!

TD
Wow they seemed to pull some games out of no where. I know Ive been talking alot of smack just to give u a hard time trout but I really want the dodgers to take the NL I wanna see a LA vs NY world series.:Wink:

Have fun tonight at the game. Ive been trying to go catch a few angel games but the family always opts for disneyland instead.:No Pity:

troutdog
08-31-2009, 01:24 PM
1. Glad to see Man Ram's earning his keep.

2. Glad to see the bullpen still sucks.

We're gonna have to score 8 runs a game in order to go .500.

Great job, Blue Crew.

"RHP Jeff Weaver has been pure gold for the Dodgers out of the bullpen, holding opponents to a .171 batting average with runners in scoring position. The bullpen leads the major leagues with 31 victories, with Weaver collecting four of those. The relievers also entered Sunday’s game with a baseball-best 3.24 collective ERA."

Isn't it fun to go back and read all of the things that have been posted early on in the season, hindsight is definitely 20/20! My favorite though had to be SoCalGuy predicting the Royals were going to have a good year and do a "mini- Tampa bay Rays" :LOL:

TD

brando123
08-31-2009, 04:42 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v462/vtec_teggy/haters.gif

Hometown
09-04-2009, 09:39 PM
Nice start go jim

City Dad
09-08-2009, 10:39 PM
what is this thread doing way down here?

man, I'm glad the D-bags showed up to play the Dodgers tonight... with the rockies ignoring the tutelage of jim tracey the way they have been for the last five games, LA of LA needs to beat every softball team they face!

actual conversation I had this weekend:

Yankee Fan
"So, you look like the only sports fan here."

Me
(pointing at my shirt) "Dodgers fan... Yourself?"

Yankee Fan
"Yankees fan. It's a birthright."

Me
(Visibley impressed) "I see."

Yankee Fan
(Even more visibley impressed) "You know how the Dodgers got their name?"

Me
"They used to be the Brooklyn Trolly Dodgers?"

Yankee Fan
"Oh, well... do you know why they were called the Trolly Dodgers?"

Me
"There were lots of trollys in Br..."

Yankee Fan
"It was knick-name for Brooklyners, meant to be derisive!"

Me
"Ah."

troutdog
09-09-2009, 12:01 AM
Nice comeback wins for the Blue Crew and the padres tonight(thank you!)

TD

SoCalGuy7
09-09-2009, 06:50 AM
"RHP Jeff Weaver has been pure gold for the Dodgers out of the bullpen, holding opponents to a .171 batting average with runners in scoring position. The bullpen leads the major leagues with 31 victories, with Weaver collecting four of those. The relievers also entered Sunday’s game with a baseball-best 3.24 collective ERA."

Isn't it fun to go back and read all of the things that have been posted early on in the season, hindsight is definitely 20/20! My favorite though had to be SoCalGuy predicting the Royals were going to have a good year and do a "mini- Tampa bay Rays" :LOL:

TD

Man, you and Mrs. Ramirez have really fallen off, lately since getting off the JUICE.....

It wasn't me I was quoting.........

For your enjoyment.....

11-03-2008, 07:40 AM
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/image.php?u=30738&dateline=1230558628 (http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/member.php?u=30738) SoCalGuy7 (http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/member.php?u=30738) http://fishinghotpage.com/forum4/images/statusicon/user_online.gif

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/images/icons/icon1.gif
I've heard the Royals will do a mini "Rays" this year and have quite a few more wins...
http://fishinghotpage.com/forum4/images/misc/progress.gif

TD, get your facts straight it only takes a couple of seconds to look things up.......:ROFL:

troutdog
09-09-2009, 11:19 AM
Don't try and say you weren't buying into the Royals now, otherwise you would not have even posted that carp! :LOL:

GOOOOOOO Black er, uh White Sox!!!!! :ROFL:

TD

Hometown
09-09-2009, 11:59 AM
That was another nice come from behind victory last knight :ht:

DarkShadow
09-09-2009, 10:49 PM
And the Rockies take another step closer....

Will the Blue decide to bow out in September?

TD, you should start a poll inquiring what day the Dodgers officially lose 1st place. :Neutral:

The Angler
09-09-2009, 11:06 PM

TD, you should start a poll inquiring what day the Dodgers officially lose 1st place. :Neutral:

Haha yea.:ROFL:

With the up & coming series against SF with a 2.5 game lead isnt looking good for the Dodgers.

fishfinder
09-09-2009, 11:08 PM
joe tore is an idiot. no wonder the yankees fired him. walk 2 men intentionally to load the bases and then walk in the winning run. IDIOT

The Angler
09-09-2009, 11:15 PM
joe tore is an idiot. no wonder the yankees fired him. walk 2 men intentionally to load the bases and then walk in the winning run. IDIOT

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::A ngry::Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry::An gry::Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry:

troutdog
09-10-2009, 01:40 PM
Can anyone tell me why Kershaw was shagging balls in the outfield to begin with? WTH? :Confused:

Wolf is going to miss his start in SF? (uh-oh)

The last 3 games of the year are at home v Col....I still think the dodgers are taking the division!

TD

Hometown
09-10-2009, 04:13 PM
im with you troutdog i still say the blue crew win div. and they better since they have been in 1 place almost all season.

DarkShadow
09-10-2009, 05:06 PM
Can't believe nobody's posted our magic number to win the division!

troutdog
09-10-2009, 11:48 PM
can't believe nobody's posted our magic number to win the division!

20 :Wink:

TD

troutdog
09-11-2009, 10:06 AM
Dodgers/giants.....halos/blackSox...USC/ohio st....Vols/bruins....opening weekend of the NFL....squeeze in some time on the water and this should be a GREAT sports weekend! :Big Grin:

TD

baadfish69
09-11-2009, 07:15 PM
The Dodgers are just trying to make it an exciting September. I mean, its no fun running away with the division. Gotta keep it close....create the playoff atmosphere....get the fans riled up! Yeah...thats it! :Thumbs Up:

:Titanic: :Head Bang:

troutdog
09-12-2009, 10:30 PM
Taking care of business up in the bay area!!!!

GO BLUE!!

TD

Fisherman57
09-14-2009, 11:07 AM
I have a feeling TroutDog is leaving work early today because...... Dodger fans are in for a special treat when the boys in blue take on the Pittsburgh Pirates tonight.

The Dodgers will give each ticketholder a voucher for a free hot dog. The Dodger dog giveaway marks their first since the mid-1990s.

A hot dog eating contest will also be held before the game. The winner will be given the opportunity to throw out a ceremonial first pitch.

The 120-strong Spirit of Troy USC Trojan Marching Band is scheduled to perform the national anthem and a 10-piece horn section from the band will play "God Bless America" during the seventh-inning stretch.

The idea for the giveaway came from the team, who approached executives from Farmer John. Approximately 25,000 Dodger dogs are sold at each game and 2.3 million were sold just last year.

The 10-inch Dodger dog was created by Thomas G. Arthur, who ran the food concessions at Dodger Stadium for over 29 years.

troutdog
09-14-2009, 11:39 AM
I have a feeling TroutDog is leaving work early today because...... Dodger fans are in for a special treat when the boys in blue take on the Pittsburgh Pirates tonight.

The Dodgers will give each ticketholder a voucher for a free hot dog. The Dodger dog giveaway marks their first since the mid-1990s.

A hot dog eating contest will also be held before the game. The winner will be given the opportunity to throw out a ceremonial first pitch.

The 120-strong Spirit of Troy USC Trojan Marching Band is scheduled to perform the national anthem and a 10-piece horn section from the band will play "God Bless America" during the seventh-inning stretch.

The idea for the giveaway came from the team, who approached executives from Farmer John. Approximately 25,000 Dodger dogs are sold at each game and 2.3 million were sold just last year.

The 10-inch Dodger dog was created by Thomas G. Arthur, who ran the food concessions at Dodger Stadium for over 29 years.

I think I'm coming down with something as I type (cough-cough-achoooo!)

My only question is how do they expect a guy with 25+ hotdogs in his gut to actually throw a baseball!? :LOL:

Would love to hear the USC band do the national anthem....thanks for info Dana!

TD

fishfinder
09-15-2009, 04:01 PM
Dodgers magic number is 14

troutdog
09-15-2009, 04:21 PM
Notable games @ Boston, home vs Detroit and the Tankees!!!

http://mlb.mlb.com/schedule/sortable.jsp?c_id=la&year=2010&partnerId=ed-2928087-98559296&source=ed-2928087-98559296

TD

troutdog
09-15-2009, 04:27 PM

And the rockies take another step closer to where, what, who now?

I think the poll is going to stay on the shelf DS....you still a non-believer?

TD

DarkShadow
09-15-2009, 05:04 PM
And the rockies take another step closer to where, what, who now?

What a difference a week makes. I hope u have ur tickets for the last series against tracy's rocks.

I think the poll is going to stay on the shelf DS....you still a non-believer?

TD

Who cares about the dodger's streakiness and general inconstistency since the all star break, I say. I am now focusing all my attention on figuring out what days the ticker tape parade would be so I can schedule some PTO from work to attend.

BTW, CityDad is already creating Dodger Dry Flies, made from the actual natty dreads of El Maniaco, aka Mr. 99, to commemorate the Dodger's world series win against the Yankees in October.

Orders are limited. PM him for more info.

troutdog
09-15-2009, 05:19 PM
What a difference a week makes. I hope u have ur tickets for the last series against tracy's rocks.

That series will have no bearing on the West division....hoping it will be a couple of games we throw the scrubs in and keep the giants from getting the wildcard :Twisted:

Who cares about the dodger's streakiness and general inconstistency since the all star break, I say. I am now focusing all my attention on figuring out what days the ticker tape parade would be so I can schedule some PTO from work to attend.

BTW, CityDad is already creating Dodger Dry Flies, made from the actual natty dreads of El Maniaco, aka Mr. 99, to commemorate the Dodger's world series win against the Yankees in October.

Orders are limited. PM him for more info.

I know you are being sarcastic, but I'm not exactly counting on a parade myself...truth be told the way things are going I don't see much slowing the Cards with Wainwright and Carpenter mowing people down. Then again anything can happen in the playoffs, so just get there and take your chances!(just ask the cubs and halos last season)

I have already ordered 99 flies from CD, but thanks for the heads up anyways....

TD

baadfish69
09-15-2009, 11:21 PM
Andre "Mr. Miracle" Ethier does it again! WoW! Havent seen my boys in blue with a walk off win like that in awhile! The best part was watching Thome in the mob....he looked like he had never seen a celebration before! Heres to what can and might be.......

GOOOOO DODGERS!!!!

fishfinder
09-15-2009, 11:26 PM
Andre "Mr. Miracle" Ethier does it again! WoW! Havent seen my boys in blue with a walk off win like that in awhile! The best part was watching Thome in the mob....he looked like he had never seen a celebration before! Heres to what can and might be.......

GOOOOO DODGERS!!!!

isn't he the one who tied it up in the 9th?
MAGIC NUMBER IS NOW 12

troutdog
09-15-2009, 11:32 PM
isn't he the one who tied it up in the 9th?
MAGIC NUMBER IS NOW 12

Kemp had the rbi and Ethier scored the run

:Applause::Applause::Applause:

To all the haters and Dodger doubters, this buds for you! :Finger: :Wink:

TD

fishfinder
09-15-2009, 11:35 PM
when do playoff tickets go on sale?

baadfish69
09-15-2009, 11:39 PM
when do playoff tickets go on sale?

EZ now....SoCalGuy will have your throat for that question.

SoCalGuy7
09-16-2009, 12:07 AM
EZ now....SoCalGuy will have your throat for that question.
:ROFL:
With the strength (or lack of) their final opponents the doyers will probably make the first round....After that...........I certainly wouldn't bet hard earned cash on it......

Nice win over the "Rams" of the NL........:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

troutdog
09-16-2009, 12:17 AM
With the strength (or lack of) their final opponents the doyers will probably make the first round....After that...........I certainly wouldn't bet hard earned cash on it......

Nice win over the "Rams" of the NL........:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

When was the last time the "Rams of the NL" won a championship :Wink:

TD

SoCalGuy7
09-16-2009, 12:49 AM
When was the last time the "Rams of the NL" won a championship :Wink:

TD

Umm, I was saying the pirates stink like the rams......17 losing seasons, get rid of them and bring back the expos....:ROFL:

Sorry my wit is too fast for you....:EyePop:

troutdog
09-16-2009, 10:23 AM
Umm, I was saying the pirates stink like the rams......17 losing seasons, get rid of them and bring back the expos....:ROFL:

Sorry my wit is too fast for you....:EyePop:

I know what you meant peaches, my rebuttal being there is no comparing the Rams (2 superbowl appearances in last 9 years) to a team that has had not had a winning season in close to two decades....I'll slow down and dumb it up for you next time :Wink:

TD

troutdog
09-16-2009, 03:11 PM
With the strength (or lack of) their final opponents the doyers will probably make the first round....

yeah cuz what the Dodgers have done against all the other teams previously has no bearing whatsoever :Rolls Eyes: :ROFL:

TD

DarkShadow
09-18-2009, 10:57 AM
Anybody else receive the

"Congratulations! You have been selected via random drawing for the opportunity to purchase 2009 individual Postseason home game tickets for potential NL Division Series games at Dodger Stadium," email from Dodgers.com?

Sucks that its 2 tix max per game, but at least Ill get some decent seats.

All my other friends that registered get to wait until the tix go on sale to the general public.

troutdog
09-18-2009, 11:30 AM
Anybody else receive the

"Congratulations! You have been selected via random drawing for the opportunity to purchase 2009 individual Postseason home game tickets for potential NL Division Series games at Dodger Stadium," email from Dodgers.com?

Sucks that its 2 tix max per game, but at least Ill get some decent seats.

All my other friends that registered get to wait until the tix go on sale to the general public.

I usually get all the Dodger email news, so it sounds like you scored...wait does this mean you are conceding the dodgers are going to make the playoffs? :Confused: :LOL:

TD

DarkShadow
09-18-2009, 12:38 PM
I usually get all the Dodger email news, so it sounds like you scored
TD, u had to register for the chance to purchase playoff tix. As I learned last year, if ur not on the pre sale, prepare to pay more than face value because tix that go on sale to the general public are far and between.

...wait does this mean you are conceding the dodgers are going to make the playoffs? :Confused: :LOL:

TD

Naw, I'm conceding not paying 60 bucks for top deck tickets on StubHub.

Tickets are always refundable, just in case another "Shot Heard Around the World" occurs.

brando123
09-18-2009, 04:58 PM
Sup guys? looks like we will take the division after all! I just got done with pre deployment training and im headed back to Afghanistan next week.... Gonna miss the rest of the season, which blows. See you guys on the flip side, take care all.! 09 WS CHAMPS!!!!

troutdog
09-18-2009, 05:04 PM
TD, u had to register for the chance to purchase playoff tix. As I learned last year, if ur not on the pre sale, prepare to pay more than face value because tix that go on sale to the general public are far and between.

Naw, I'm conceding not paying 60 bucks for top deck tickets on StubHub.

Tickets are always refundable, just in case another "Shot Heard Around the World" occurs.

I have a great inside connection for tickets at face value, I was stoked with the tickets we got for the lone victory against the Phillies.

BTW you're conceding the fact the Dodgers are all but in....just admit it Mr. Bunker! You are prolly the youngest, grouchy old man I know Miguel...dude the Dodgers could take the world series in 5 and you would b!tch about why they didn't sweep! :Wink::ROFL:

TD

baadfish69
09-18-2009, 05:25 PM
Sup guys? looks like we will take the division after all! I just got done with pre deployment training and im headed back to Afghanistan next week.... Gonna miss the rest of the season, which blows. See you guys on the flip side, take care all.! 09 WS CHAMPS!!!!

Be careful over there!

troutdog
09-18-2009, 05:36 PM

Best of luck brando123, thank you for your service and watch your back buddy....THINK BLUE!!!

TD

troutdog
09-20-2009, 03:51 PM

td

KaliDawgFan
09-20-2009, 05:17 PM
I love winning a series against the hated ones.

baadfish69
09-21-2009, 01:25 PM
I love winning a series against the hated ones.

Knocking out Lincecum was just icing on the cake....

fishfinder
09-21-2009, 01:45 PM

Wow world series seams less important now, thanks for serving. I will be thinking of you guys and girls over there during the national anthem for sure. i heard matt kemp in an iterview this weekend saying "when we win the world series" gotta luv the positive attitude. GOD BLESS AMERICA.
THANKS TO ALL THOSE WHO HAVE SERVED AND WILL SERVE, AND ARE STILL SERVING.
from desert storm vet, peace out

murrieta angler
09-21-2009, 05:55 PM
Dude, my cousin is Freddy Sanchez and he said the spirit in the clubhouse since he started playing there is even less exciting than Pittsburgh was,,,so what does that tell you?!:Secret:

troutdog
09-22-2009, 08:45 PM

td

troutdog
09-24-2009, 08:46 PM
6....5....4!!!!

td

The Angler
09-24-2009, 08:57 PM
Yawn.....

Dont matter how many games left they'll get swept first round:EyePop:

fishfinder
09-24-2009, 09:21 PM
Yawn.....

don't think so. cards are stuggling... i see world series tickets are $146 for the cheapest seat......ouch

troutdog
09-24-2009, 11:18 PM
Yawn.....

You mean like last year? Oh my bad wrong "LA" team....

TD

troutdog
09-26-2009, 10:14 PM
Playoff spot assured and 2 is the magic number to claim the West...it is only a matter of time!

TD

brando123
09-27-2009, 02:47 AM
Wow world series seams less important now, thanks for serving. I will be thinking of you guys and girls over there during the national anthem for sure. i heard matt kemp in an iterview this weekend saying "when we win the world series" gotta luv the positive attitude. GOD BLESS AMERICA.
THANKS TO ALL THOSE WHO HAVE SERVED AND WILL SERVE, AND ARE STILL SERVING.
from desert storm vet, peace out

Thanks TD and Badfish, Thank's for your kind words, What branch were you in? Glad to see the Dodgers doing so good! makes me feel good right now, The internet is slow as heck which sucks.

Go Blue! Semper Fi!

troutdog
09-27-2009, 11:07 PM
.....1 mo to clinch, shoulda had it today!!!!

TD

troutdog
09-28-2009, 12:33 AM
Thanks TD and Badfish, Thank's for your kind words, What branch were you in? Glad to see the Dodgers doing so good! makes me feel good right now, The internet is slow as heck which sucks.

Go Blue! Semper Fi!
Your welcome Brando, no branch personally just an appreciative fellow American. My Dad was actually in the Air Force and served in Korea, some of my best friends were/are Marines.

THINK RED, WHITE and DODGER BLUE!!!

TD

fishfinder
09-28-2009, 10:44 AM

Go Blue! Semper Fi!

i was in the airforce,

DarkShadow
09-28-2009, 01:04 PM
Congratulations to the Dodgers for winning the NL West!

Wait, I was just told they still hadn't. Considering the way they've been playing the past week, someone forgot to tell them that the season isn't over just yet.

I bet the Cardinals are sitting back, laughing at the fiasco of a series that was Pittsburgh, and the less than stellar performance against the door mats of the league, the Nats.

I hope we're doing the psychological warfare thing against the Cards; u know, playing like Little Leaguers so that they come out complacent and over confident.

baadfish69
09-28-2009, 09:58 PM
Congratulations to the Dodgers for winning the NL West!

Wait, I was just told they still hadn't. Considering the way they've been playing the past week, someone forgot to tell them that the season isn't over just yet.

I bet the Cardinals are sitting back, laughing at the fiasco of a series that was Pittsburgh, and the less than stellar performance against the door mats of the league, the Nats.

I hope we're doing the psychological warfare thing against the Cards; u know, playing like Little Leaguers so that they come out complacent and over confident.

Well....at least we get to hear Vin call it when they finally DO win the Division. :UDaMan:

Frenchy
09-30-2009, 12:19 PM
Gimme a break guy magic number one and we cant even pick up that yet

losing 3 of 4 to the pirates and not one to the padres pleases end the suffering and win one

troutdog
09-30-2009, 01:44 PM
Dodgers need a wake up call from Big Joe or they are going to be making tee times by next weekend....I would ratehr lost 11-1 than the way they did lastnight, giving up 3 runs on 2 hits to the Padres is a joke!

COME ON BLUE!!!!

TD

The Angler
09-30-2009, 02:52 PM
Dodgers need a wake up call from Big Joe or they are going to be making tee times by next weekend....I would ratehr lost 11-1 than the way they did lastnight, giving up 3 runs on 2 hits to the Padres is a joke!

COME ON BLUE!!!!

TD

Yea the only time I put money down on the dodgers to win on a parlay bet, All my teams I picked won by a long shot. 7 out of 8 win and the freakin dodgers blow it for me. Thx alot ******* Doyers would have won $15,000 & some change. What a ******* joke Im pissed:Evil:

troutdog
09-30-2009, 03:07 PM
Yea the only time I put money down on the dodgers to win on a parlay bet, All my teams I picked won by a long shot. 7 out of 8 win and the freakin dodgers blow it for me. Thx alot ******* Doyers would have won $15,000 & some change. What a ******* joke Im pissed:Evil:

They must have found out somehow and after reading all your "hater posts" here on FNN, threw the game! :Twisted: :Wink:

TD

DarkShadow
09-30-2009, 05:32 PM
Yea the only time I put money down on the dodgers to win on a parlay bet, All my teams I picked won by a long shot. 7 out of 8 win and the freakin dodgers blow it for me.

An 8 line parlay?

Now that's a great idea.

First time at the rodeo, Angler?

Frenchy
09-30-2009, 05:59 PM
an 8 line parlay?

Now that's a great idea.

First time at the rodeo, angler?

damn harsh but true

DarkShadow
09-30-2009, 10:04 PM
Dodgers need a wake up call from Big Joe or they are going to be making tee times by next weekend....

TD,

Ye of little faith!

I might have expected that from me, but from YOU?

Hey you can go to Fan Appreciation Day during the final home stand. I hear that along with a new Toyota, the Dodgers will give also give away the West Division Title to whoever wants it.

City Dad
09-30-2009, 10:21 PM
I have tickets to the last game. I've been to five game this year and they've lost them all...

this sucks

fishfinder
09-30-2009, 10:22 PM
I have tickets to the last game. I've been to five game this year and they've lost them all...

this sucks

well dont go we need the win

Cangler
10-01-2009, 03:43 PM
What's blue and stinks ?

Hometown
10-01-2009, 06:11 PM
what's blue and stinks ?

your breath ops i mean attitude jk :hometown:

Oz
10-02-2009, 12:27 AM
well dont go we need the win

:ROFL: :LOL: u know. please dont go!!!

DarkShadow
10-02-2009, 10:39 AM
Alllll aboard!!!

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/4235/failtown.jpg

troutdog
10-02-2009, 10:46 AM
We are taking the division at home son!

TD

baadfish69
10-02-2009, 12:06 PM
Hey Dodgers.................the Rockies are in town.......and they're here to steal your souls.

WAKE UP AND PLAY SOME DAMN BASEBALL!!!!!!!!

baadfish69
10-02-2009, 12:14 PM
All that crap talkin at the beginning of the season on how the NL West was SOOOOO weak...that the Dodgers should win it by default? Yet somehow I doubt any of the Dodger haters would want the Dodgers, Giants OR Rockies in their division right now. 10 games back, and them Rockies are STILL making me nervous!

See......I knew them pesky Rockies were gonna cause trouble.

DarkShadow
10-02-2009, 12:24 PM
We are taking the division at home!!!!

"And then we're going to South Dakota, and Oregon and Washington and Michigan, and then we're going to Washington DC to take back the White House!!!

YAAAARRRHHHHHGGGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/9804/deanscream.jpg

baadfish69
10-02-2009, 12:29 PM
"And then we're going to South Dakota, and Oregon and Washington and Michigan, and then we're going to Washington DC to take back the White House!!!

YAAAARRRHHHHHGGGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/9804/deanscream.jpg

Hahhaha.....classic.

Frenchy
10-02-2009, 01:49 PM
tonights the night

The Angler
10-02-2009, 03:21 PM
See trout diggity all that trash talking bout my Yanks....

what did I tell you? " there lucky if they get the wildcard."

Now i hope the rookies take the division Doyers dont deserve the title of NL west champs.:ROFL:

How bout them Yanks????:Wink:

DarkShadow
10-02-2009, 04:06 PM

En fuego!

They should definitely be part of your next 12 team parlay.

troutdog
10-02-2009, 05:16 PM
See trout diggity all that trash talking bout my Yanks....

what did I tell you? " there lucky if they get the wildcard."

Now i hope the rookies take the division Doyers dont deserve the title of NL west champs.:ROFL:

I will ALWAYS talk trash about the Dallas Cowboys of the MLB, so if you are going to make FNN your home get used to it buddy!

Can you please clarify what you are trying to say...because "luck" had nothing to do with either the tankees or Dodgers making the playoffs.

"How about the yanks"? what about them? They have not accomplished anything until they are standing towards the 3rd week in October...c'mon quit treating this like an 8 team parlay :Wink: :ROFL:

TD

baadfish69
10-02-2009, 11:30 PM
This team is making me sick to my stomach. If its not one thing, its another. Wolfs two walks in the 1st inning.......game over. When are these guys gonna learn that walks will kill you EVERY FREAKIN TIME??? Especially when your team cant tell the difference between a ball and a strike while at the plate......

Pathetic. My softball team could beat the Dodgers right now, and that doesnt make me proud.

dfisher
10-02-2009, 11:37 PM
i hope the Rockies sweep...

Dodgers shouldn't be in the way they are playing right now, the angels as well.

troutdog
10-03-2009, 12:23 AM
If i recall Vin saying correctly tonight...."the 2000 yanks lost 15 of their last 18 and went on to win the world series", well I can dream can't I? :Neutral:

TD

The Angler
10-03-2009, 02:34 PM
If i recall Vin saying correctly tonight...."the 2000 yanks lost 15 of their last 18 and went on to win the world series", well I can dream can't I? :Neutral:

TD

you better dream hard & take some Volume or something cause the 2000 yanks were a far superior team than the 09 Dodgers. I hope the Dodgers get there **** together though.

Good Luck in the playoffs guys:Wink:

The Angler
10-03-2009, 02:37 PM
An 8 line parlay?

Now that's a great idea.

First time at the rodeo, Angler?

Nah I usaully just bet on NFL but thought I had a for sure win and almost did except for the Damn Dodgers. Knew it was a long shot but hey you dont win big if you dont take any risk right.:Wink:

Frenchy
10-03-2009, 10:10 PM
Omg its going to finally happen tonight 5-0 top of the ninth yayayayayayayay

Hometown
10-03-2009, 10:12 PM
about time

Frenchy
10-03-2009, 10:13 PM
2009 nl west champs heck yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssss

Hometown
10-03-2009, 10:20 PM
2009 nl west champs heck yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssss

yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss I LOVVVVVVE OCTOBERRRRRRRRRRRRR

Oz
10-03-2009, 10:21 PM
FINALLYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!! almost took it down to the wire to take the west. now we get to face the CARDS :LOL:

victor101
10-03-2009, 10:37 PM
Yaaayeeeah!

The Angler
10-03-2009, 11:05 PM
:Applause:

About time didnt think Dodgers had it in them.

Chandy
10-04-2009, 12:48 AM
Greaaaaatttt 7th inning !!

troutdog
10-04-2009, 08:48 AM
Bring on the equally struggling Cardinals!

THINK BLUE!

TD

troutdog
10-04-2009, 08:52 AM
you better dream hard & take some Volume or something cause the 2000 yanks were a far superior team than the 09 Dodgers. I hope the Dodgers get there **** together though.

Good Luck in the playoffs guys:Wink:

"Volume" or Valium? Thanks for the sage advice oh wise one :ROFL:

TD

Asecino420
10-04-2009, 12:27 PM
WooooHooooooo division champs!!!

DarkShadow
10-05-2009, 02:26 PM
I thought I had a for sure win...

Knew it was a long shot...

?

Did you just contradict yourself on one post? So was it a sure win, or was it a long shot? I'm confused.

Then again, those are tough. Those pesky sure win long shots.

but hey you dont win big if you dont take any risk right.:Wink:

Yeah, which is why I'm putting money on the Yankees in the post season. That's a big risk, considering the big names like Tex, Sabathia, and A-roid start their vacations right around October 6th.

fishfinder
10-05-2009, 04:31 PM
i like the dodgers in game 1. go wolf

baadfish69
10-06-2009, 12:18 AM
i like the dodgers in game 1. go wolf

I just hope the Cards forget their bats when they come to Dodger Stadium. Then again.....Pujols could probably go 5-5 without one.

Nevertheless.....

GO DODGERS!!!!!!!!!!

DarkShadow
10-06-2009, 05:49 PM
Awesome game on Saturday...champagne really hurts when it gets in your eyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DRCHElwjG0

baadfish69
10-07-2009, 11:34 PM
The Boys in Blue pulled off game 1! Furcal is on fire, and seemingly sparking the teams bats. Nice to see the Dodgers start off the NLDS 1-0!

LETS GO DODGERS!!!

fishfinder
10-07-2009, 11:52 PM
game 3 of the world series is on halloween night @ dodger stadium. :Thumbs Up:

troutdog
10-08-2009, 12:59 AM
Getting out of the 1st with only one run and then Kemp going yard was AWESOME!!!

WTG DODGERS!

MAGIC NUMBER 10

TD

DarkShadow
10-08-2009, 10:11 AM
Great start! The 6:37 pm start last night made the stadium seem empty for the first 4 innings though.

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/6568/img00133c.jpg

I've called in "sick" from work today (Blue Fever) and can't wait to get back to The Ravine for Game 2. Hopefully Kershaw comes out inspired, just like he did his last start.

Go Blue!

Oz
10-08-2009, 06:17 PM
2-0 BABYYYY!!!! what a come back win...the man mark loretta came through in the clutch

troutdog
10-08-2009, 06:23 PM
getting out of the 1st with only one run and then kemp going yard was awesome!!!

Wtg dodgers!

magic number 10

td

Believe!!!!!!

magic number 9

TD

fishfinder
10-08-2009, 06:24 PM
There will be no joy in st louis this year. Yahoo!!!!

City Dad
10-08-2009, 08:15 PM
...so, I gues you could say that luck took a Holliday for St. Louis?

hbomb
10-08-2009, 08:20 PM
Loretta came through babyyyyy, Gooooo Dodgerssssss....

DarkShadow
10-08-2009, 08:40 PM
Just got back from game 2.

:Cool:

Don't stop, believing...

The Angler
10-08-2009, 08:47 PM
haha good game.

I still dont get all the hype with St. Louis:Confused:

Go Dodgers..

Yanks vs Dodgers world series let get it done!!!!:Twisted:

DarkShadow
10-08-2009, 09:10 PM
I still dont get all the hype with St. Louis:Confused:

Potential Cy Young candidate in Wainwright, and Carpenter (if he hadn't been injured @ the start of the season), and a potential Triple Crown candidate with Pujols, and a potential Silver Slugger award winner in Holliday?

I can see where the hype comes from.

baadfish69
10-08-2009, 10:28 PM
Don't stop, believing...

I love how Steve Perry hates that the Dodgers use that song at Dodger Stadium. It makes him sick to his stomach, being a Giant fan and all.....but hey Steve-o......Dodger fans are the ones singin it!

I was in class tonight (had the game recording on Tivo), got a text message from a buddy sayin, "OMG Did you see that!!!?? GO BLUE!" I checked the game on my iPhone to find out that they had won, and let out a "Yes! Dodgers won!"......and half the class went into a frenzy.....it was great!

Damn it feels good to be a Dodger fan right now!

troutdog
10-09-2009, 12:04 AM
Loved how after the game Wainwright was biotching about the white towels handed out at the game as a possible reason as to why Holliday lost track of the ball asking why the towels weren't Dodgers blue instead....I guess the same reason the Phillies didn't hand out red ones? Going to be interestesting to see if the Cards hand out white rally towels in game 3 :Razz:

Every year something crazy happens in the playoffs...I wonder what else lay in store!

TD

baadfish69
10-09-2009, 12:21 AM
Loved how after the game Wainwright was biotching about the white towels handed out at the game as a possible reason as to why Holliday lost track of the ball asking why the towels weren't Dodgers blue instead....I guess the same reason the Phillies didn't hand out red ones? Going to be interestesting to see if the Cards hand out white rally towels in game 3 :Razz:

Every year something crazy happens in the playoffs...I wonder what else lay in store!

TD

Oh man! I couldnt believe he said that! As if the Dodgers were the first to hand out rally towels in the playoffs! Seriously Wainwright.....act like youve been to the postseason before, you jackass! Its like the guys on the MLB network said....the towels were being waved when the Dodgers were in the field too.

Someone is a sore loser!! Hahahhah!

baadfish69
10-09-2009, 12:27 AM
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/dodgerthoughts/2009/10/white-towels-not-being-waved-during-hollidays-error.html

Speaking of the rally towel comment.....

wellbilldancesays
10-09-2009, 12:34 PM
Looks like the Dodgers picked the right time to get the funk out. Heck the Dodgers were two up before the Angels series even started. You guys have to be happy with that.

Man they must be in shock too say something that stupid about the Rally towels. I think the Cards are going down quick!

The Angler
10-09-2009, 03:12 PM
Bring out the brooms:Wink:

Hometown
10-09-2009, 05:13 PM
GOTTA LOVE THE BLUE ATTITUDE NEVER SAY DIE ANOTHER WALKOFF HIT JUST KEEP IT GOING:Big Grin::Big Grin::Big Grin::Big Grin::Big Grin:

City Dad
10-09-2009, 06:58 PM

TD

you can bet that those hearty, corn fed midwesterners ain't gonna take no crap from a bunch o californuns... white towels, white hats and gigantic white polyester pant suits stretched across their pasty white bodies.

The Angler
10-09-2009, 10:23 PM
Like my daddy always told me "Losers make excuses, Winners make it happen".:Wink:

troutdog
10-10-2009, 04:03 PM
3-0 and Manny looks to have found his groove....stay tuned!

THINK BLUE

TD

Frenchy
10-10-2009, 05:21 PM
5-0 bottom 7 hahahaahha LOVE IT

Frenchy
10-10-2009, 06:20 PM
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP PPPPPPPPPPPPP

heck yessssssssssssssssss

bring on the nlcs

troutdog
10-10-2009, 06:39 PM
how sweep it is!!!!!

TD

Frenchy
10-10-2009, 08:26 PM
ahahaahah text i got after the game

DODGERS SWEEP ST LOUIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ADOIS POOHOLES

Hometown
10-10-2009, 08:31 PM
NO WALK OFF NEEDED TODAY PADILLA PITCHED A NICE GAME THE BLUE CREW GOT OUT RUNNING AND NEVER LOOKED BACK I LIKE HOW THEY TOOK THE CROWD OUT EARLY:Big Grin::Big Grin::Wink:I KIND OF FEEL SORRY FOR HOLLIDAY.:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Luc25
10-10-2009, 08:59 PM
And so many people in LA voted against the Dodgers playing the cards first .......they are stuffing it in the mouth now. Haha. Dodgers all the way. We just need to have the Angels win so we can have the World Freeway Series.

Hometown
10-11-2009, 10:43 PM
and so many people in la voted against the dodgers playing the cards first .......they are stuffing it in the mouth now. Haha. Dodgers all the way. We just need to have the angels win so we can have the world freeway series.

i want my freeway series. Go blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

DarkShadow
10-12-2009, 09:21 AM
how sweep it is!!!!!

Q: How do you kill a Cardinal?

A: WITH A BROOM!

http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/4276/deadcardinal.jpg

baadfish69
10-12-2009, 07:05 PM
Well, rematch of last years NLCS, except this time Dodgers have home field advantage.

I woulda preferred to play the Rockies, but revenge on the Phils would be sweet too!

DarkShadow
10-12-2009, 07:36 PM
I woulda preferred to play the Rockies, but revenge on the Phils would be sweet too!

After last year, it's personal.

Plus, the Blue won't have to face Hamels and Lee in games 1 and 2, thanks to Manuel's senile managing.

Plus, I'm hoping Kershaw and the Wolfpack will neutralize the Phil's left handed hitters. George Sherril and the Status Kuo are gonna be key this series.

Hometown
10-12-2009, 09:42 PM
I cant wait till thursday

fishfinder
10-13-2009, 12:03 AM
I want revenge of the Yankees from 1981. go blue

troutdog
10-13-2009, 12:20 AM
After last year, it's personal.

Plus, the Blue won't have to face Hamels and Lee in games 1 and 2, thanks to Manuel's senile managing.

Plus, I'm hoping Kershaw and the Wolfpack will neutralize the Phil's left handed hitters. George Sherril and the Status Kuo are gonna be key this series.

I feel the same way, I want to beat the best to be the best so to speak....I went to the lone game we won last season and want to return the favor!

I want revenge of the Yankees from 1981. go blue

Just fyi the Dodgers took the series in 1981, but revenge from 77 and 78 works for me! :Wink:

Dodgers in 6

TD

Troutman65
10-13-2009, 12:24 AM
Go Angels !!!:LOL::Wink:

troutdog
10-13-2009, 12:43 AM
Go Angels !!!:LOL::Wink:

WOW....I was waiting for you to break out the viking cheerleading outfit! Sell out! :ROFL:

TD

wellbilldancesays
10-15-2009, 06:55 AM
What great timing for the McCourt's to announce they're splitting up! Couldnt wait a week or two?
I dont think this is going to be good, especially in the long term for the dodgers. Makes me think someone won't give a crap about the team and just start taking money out for themselves.

hbomb
10-15-2009, 09:03 AM
What great timing for the McCourt's to announce they're splitting up! Couldnt wait a week or two?
I dont think this is going to be good, especially in the long term for the dodgers. Makes me think someone won't give a crap about the team and just start taking money out for themselves.

CANNNNN YOU BELIEVE THAT............I understand the business side but come on, just like you said welbilldancesays they couldnt wait a week or two mannn.

WARRIORMIKE
10-15-2009, 07:11 PM
Holy smoke,:EyePop::EyePop: bottom of the 5th, what an exciting inning :Shocked::Shocked:

5-4 phillies

Dodgers better do this !!!:Twisted::Twisted:

The Angler
10-15-2009, 10:15 PM
holy smoke,:eyepop::eyepop: Bottom of the 5th, what an exciting inning :shocked::shocked:

5-4 phillies

dodgers better do this !!!:twisted::twisted:

lmao:rofl:

fishfinder
10-15-2009, 10:49 PM
7 walks are you kidding me. :Shocked:

WARRIORMIKE
10-15-2009, 11:12 PM
Tomorrow will be a new game!:Twisted::Twisted:

wellbilldancesays
10-16-2009, 08:45 AM
I have only watched a handful of Dodgers games this season but after watching lasts nights game I have lost respect for Torre. The umpire had a tight strike zone going on and was pretty consistent but more than a few times his calls were wrong against Kershaw and what do Torre do? Nothing! Until the Kershaw/Dodgers were buried. After watching Angels with Sciosia I know Mike would've gave the ump the look like WTF? and at some point ran out there to contest the calls. Now if Torre would've done that I dont know if the strike zone would' ve opened up and the calls start to go their way but at least it would've shown the young pitcher some support and maybe helped out. Instead he was asleep at the wheel and didnt wake up until it was too late.

fishfinder
10-16-2009, 03:13 PM
i am not sure why he changed the pitching rotation either. 1-0 in the 8th inning, not looking good for the dodgers now. think i will take the money i saved for world series tickets and go to big bear for xmas.

Cangler
10-16-2009, 03:24 PM
i am not sure why he changed the pitching rotation either. 1-0 in the 8th inning, not looking good for the dodgers now. think i will take the money i saved for world series tickets and go to big bear for xmas.

Think i'll jump on the Angels bandwagon now ....

Troutman65
10-16-2009, 03:28 PM
think i'll jump on the angels bandwagon now ....

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::r ofl::rofl:

troutdog
10-16-2009, 03:40 PM
Think i'll jump on the Angels bandwagon now ....

That ride is pretty full these days, just make sure you have reservations o ye of little faith :Wink:

TD

WARRIORMIKE
10-16-2009, 04:14 PM
Wow what a win Today!!!

To close for comfort!

troutdog
10-16-2009, 04:17 PM
The dream is alive in chavez ravine!!!!

TD

fishfinder
10-16-2009, 04:19 PM
i love l.a.