PDA

View Full Version : Frustration!

Simplyeman
04-15-2009, 07:51 PM
I am so sick of this weather and these dumb a** assumptions by all weather publications. I am so sick of getting skunked!!!

I fished the bud and saw a hawk catching more fish then I wasn't. Family fishing the shoreline caught a few trout. saw some baby bass swimmin around in a certain area that will remain disclosed to eliminate poaching.

Went to my honeyhole and got skunked!!!! I couldn't believe it. Mostly Sunny my ***.

Completely cloudy with a definite chance of a double skunk.

Catch 'n' Release
04-15-2009, 08:11 PM
Bring on the wind!!! its your friend

Tr1p0d
04-15-2009, 08:18 PM
LOL Borebank next to Glendhell....
I'm you neighbor I'm in Glendhell next to Borebank...

ghetto dad
04-15-2009, 08:22 PM
Then it is no loner your "Honeyhole"....:ROFL:
Sucks man...next time

GD

Simplyeman
04-15-2009, 08:29 PM
haha...

hello neighbor!!! you must agree burbank=borebank and glendale=glendhell...its the troof.

And yes its probably not my honeyhole anymore:Crying: There is unbelivable structure in this body of water, I got a couple striked but did not set the hook.

I've caught fish on windy days it just makes things very difficult.

fishincrave
04-15-2009, 09:07 PM
Atleast you went out and fished and was outdoors:Wink: most of us were working:Crying:.
you'll get them next time dude .

Sean

Your neighbor from the West side LOL:ROFL:

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-16-2009, 09:38 AM

Nooooooope....dont know bout that one !

DarkShadow
04-16-2009, 10:45 AM

Ditto.

The clearer the water you are fishing, the more the wind plays a role in getting fish active. Wind breaks up the surface of the water, making your presentations less clear for the fish, and it makes the fish more aggressive. It will stir up the food those micro plankton smaller baitfish eat, coaxing them out of protective cover, and leaving them to be ambushed by predators.

The reason most fisherman hate the wind is because it's a pain in the rear trying to hold boat position and to cast. Most will head for protective coves, but in essence, are leaving productive areas.

calico killer kevin
04-16-2009, 10:58 AM
Okay, wind may help, but it's a pain in the *** unless you're fishing from shore.

Hitts0n
04-16-2009, 11:07 AM
I am so sick of this weather and these dumb a** assumptions by all weather publications. I am so sick of getting skunked!!!

I fished the bud and saw a hawk catching more fish then I wasn't. Family fishing the shoreline caught a few trout. saw some baby bass swimmin around in a certain area that will remain disclosed to eliminate poaching.

Went to my honeyhole and got skunked!!!! I couldn't believe it. Mostly Sunny my ***.

Completely cloudy with a definite chance of a double skunk.

LMAOOO !!!!!! I guess its mustardhole now ! :ROFL::ROFL:

I hate the winds also !!:Neutral:

Asecino420
04-16-2009, 02:39 PM
Yup i feel our pain...i went down to my honeyhoe...and nothing...wind is a chalenge but not when its moving me around...

they said.."we are looking at summer type weather today" so...lets see if there lil radar comes out working.....skunk...all i saw was dead fishies...

marc626
04-16-2009, 04:24 PM

Yes Sir!! Reaction bite.

lurk 182
04-16-2009, 04:31 PM
get a troll motor. i'll take a good breeze anyday. shore dudes shouldn't mind. tubers work on your stationary bike, get them legs ready. DS is right, running for the sheltered cove is usually the last thing you want to do.

thepuma
04-16-2009, 06:21 PM
well this looks like it became a WIND topic.. LOL.. I don't mind the wind when I fish from shore, but it sucks when it's really windy and I am in a tube. I have actualy had white caps splashing on my back. It didn't chase me away though.

Simplyeman
04-17-2009, 01:11 AM
windy weather = fish going into deeper waters?

kill_obet
04-17-2009, 01:15 PM

just the type of weather where i cought some of my biggest lmb..(it helps a lot)

DarkShadow
04-17-2009, 01:27 PM

I've experienced quite the opposite really.

I even have a pattern that has yet to fail me at Castaic when the wind comes up that focuses on shallower water.