PDA

View Full Version : catfish question

mojo76
04-15-2009, 10:09 AM
I was wondering wheres a good spot on the colorado river to fish catfish from shore I dont have a boat.I am going to Blythe this weekend to try my luck on some cats.Also with is better day or night.Thanks.

JENSEN500
04-15-2009, 11:49 AM
I was wondering wheres a good spot on the colorado river to fish catfish from shore I dont have a boat.I am going to Blythe this weekend to try my luck on some cats.Also with is better day or night.Thanks.

http://socalcatfish.com/

maybe this will help.

fullstringer
04-15-2009, 03:12 PM
Hey mojo76,
I'll be their this saturday,day time for channels and as soon as the sun goes down the flats start to move.So many areas to fish from shore so use your time to scope them out.

Joe
(fullstringer)

john deere
04-15-2009, 09:28 PM
thnks dude that is a nice catfishing site. those guys have some really nice pictures from the river. and man did you see the chest full of catfish.

i was hoping to go to the river this weekend myself and hope to get some info from those guys.

boxl0bster
04-16-2009, 12:45 AM
you should hit up bluehunter, im sure he knows of some good spots or can at least point you in the right direction. good luck!

john deere
04-19-2009, 12:26 AM
Hey jensen500 were do you get the info for the stripper derby? Would you be willing to give someone help and info on how to go by catching them linesides?

SMFlash
04-19-2009, 08:00 PM
Hey jensen500 were do you get the info for the stripper derby? Would you be willing to give someone help and info on how to go by catching them linesides?

Call the Western Outdoors News. They sponser the tournment.

Might try to find a WON paper of two weeks ago, had a good article by a guy that has won the tournment twice.

A friend of mine and myself have fished it for the last 6 years. Haven't done to good, but it's a lot of fun and you have a chance to win some real good stuff, including a 30k boat, motor and trailer. Most of the stuff is given away with drawings.

Hope this helps.

john deere
04-19-2009, 08:30 PM
Thanks dude,
every little bit helps me. i will look in to that info.also do you have to have a boat or can you get a rental down their. i know jensen500 was saleing a boat i think i will try to go look at it.

SMFlash
04-20-2009, 03:07 PM
Thanks dude,
every little bit helps me. i will look in to that info.also do you have to have a boat or can you get a rental down their. i know jensen500 was saleing a boat i think i will try to go look at it.

There are rentals, but I think they are all in town, close to the river. You can sign up on Friday May 15 at the Natucial Inn, that is the headquarters for the tournment. I think sign up's close at 5 PM on that Fri.

Also need a partner, I think.