PDA

View Full Version : Isabella & Hart 4/12

BakoBassin
04-15-2009, 09:43 AM
Headed up to Isabella with the family to see if I could get into some crappie. Didn't find any, but did catch a couple of bluegill. One was about the size of my hand. Caught on red/white jig with nibbles and bobber.

Stopped at Hart for a few on the way back. Saw someone with a few gills on a stringer and saw some in the shallows. It looks like they're up spawning.

I'm still not working...so if anyone is headed out any time, hit me up. I'd like to do some fishing if my wife's schedule permits.

Skaguy04
04-15-2009, 12:08 PM
The weather is still messing everything up.
This weekend the temps are supposed to be in the 80's for a good week, so it should be better.

Mojave River Angler
04-15-2009, 04:34 PM
I may be headed up there this weekend. Not sure which days. I was a able to pull in 15 trout in the wind on the Monday of the derby. This weekend looks to be better. It was a lot of work setting up all my gear and then packing it all up by myself, so I'm not sure I'll bring the raft this time. I did catch a bunch of catfish from the middle of the south fork on the saturday of the derby. We threw everthing back that was less than 2 lbs...more than 10 of them. I'll let you know if I get some days nailed down. I'll probably stay at Stine Cove the first night...go with the gut feeling after that. I need to pay special heed to the wind direction since I only put a trolling motor on the raft.

BakoBassin
04-15-2009, 05:39 PM
I've never seen the wind blowing anything other than north, for the most part. It was a tad variable when I was there. Blowing just a bit to the east at times.

It's a good idea to launch south of where you're headed if you're in a smaller vessel.

BTW, I saw a couple of tubers out at Hart. Holler if it was anyone from here on the board.

joe man
04-18-2009, 04:09 AM
Bako if you are up to a tubing trip to success around 4/22 or 23 give me a yell. I did not get to go this past week but I plan on it next week. I will be heading up in the AM and heading back some time the same day. As for tubing in Hart all I can say is hell no. I don't like getting my fins wrapped in old underwear.

jase33
04-18-2009, 11:40 AM
success is really full right now.i have done ok in the trees up river passed the bridge.

BakoBassin
04-18-2009, 01:25 PM
I'll think about it, Joe. I've been wanting to get up there.

Sergio and I hike in up above Johnsondale yesterday and I am HURTIN'. Still waiting for him to post a report.