PDA

View Full Version : Discount Day at Corona! 4-13-09

boxl0bster
04-15-2009, 12:43 AM
First off i'd like to thank Dana and the people at SARL/Corona for helping make this happen.:Smile: My girlfriend and I had won a 1/2 off admission and a free motor boat rental at the Team 57 event held at SARL back in February. Ever since we won those vouchers we've been dying to get out and put them to use.

I gotta say, the staff was very friendly to us and it just added to the great day we were going to have.

http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww322/boxl0bster/500a29e0.jpg

We started off across from the boat dock. I dont know the hotspots while in a boat so I went where everyone else went. LOL. Fished the first spot for about an hour or so and got no bites or anything so we moved to our next spot a little further south.

2nd spot I decided to start tossing a pink power worm Texas rigged with a 1/16 bullet weight. Right off the bat I hooked into two 2 CRAZZY tailwalkers! Man if you havent hooked into one of these you're in for a treat! The first tailwalker took the bait as it was falling and the fight was on! He was pulling out drag left and right, but my sweet new symetre 1000 handled him nicely! My rod went crazy bendo the whole time I had him on, I was waiting for it to snap in half lol. After a great fight we netted a nice 2lb 11oz tailwalker. My 2nd tailwalker fight almost as hard but was a bit smaller at 1lb 14oz.

After my second fish on the power worm, my girlfriend switched one of her rods over to the same rig and quickly hooked into 3 consecutive tailwalkers. They all fought crazy hard and again I thought the rod was going to break each time we had one on. After these 5 fish total we only got a few more bites on the power worm and things seemed to slow down for everyone. It got hot and we decided to call it a day around 1pm.

One last thing, when I got home, I noticed one of the fish had line coming out of its *** lol. I gutted him and found a treble hook inside. Pretty crazy dont you think? I once caught a calico that had a huge 3/0 hook in him and 20lb line coming out.

The Catch
http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww322/boxl0bster/94720b39.jpg

Weighing in
http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww322/boxl0bster/eb49da23.jpg

Weapons of the day
http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww322/boxl0bster/a73f63f3.jpg

Food of the day
http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww322/boxl0bster/4546297a.jpg

My Clam
http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww322/boxl0bster/df2511e5.jpg

Ready for Cleaning
http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww322/boxl0bster/8e4c784a.jpg

All in all great day thanks to the people at SARL/Corona and Dana for the discounts and free boat!!! Can't wait to get back out there ASAP!

Santa Fe Eric
04-15-2009, 12:47 AM
Sandwich, Cheetos, Fishing-- what a great combination!
Great Trout photos!

sansou
04-15-2009, 01:32 AM
Great report & good lookin' trout!!

yamafish
04-15-2009, 05:38 AM
Nice pics and report!

YamaFish - Rodger

CASTAWAY
04-15-2009, 07:14 AM
Good report and pix.

I need to try fishing my ripperz and trout wormz like that.
file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/shipmlb/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-28.jpg

fishndrinknsmokin
04-15-2009, 08:12 AM
Nice report and pics BoxLobster! Glad to hear that the free day of fishing was productive for you and you got into a couple of tail walkers.

The Angler
04-15-2009, 09:39 AM
Nice catch

Trout Nine
04-15-2009, 12:58 PM
Nice looking trout WTG out there!

shorty
04-15-2009, 02:54 PM
healthy looking fish there! got any pics after they were prepared and fried up??

i see you also like the right handed retrieve setup :Thumbs Up:

boxl0bster
04-16-2009, 12:43 AM
Sandwich, Cheetos, Fishing-- what a great combination!
Great Trout photos!

thanks! they were good haha. i finished that bag of cheetos by the end of the day. :Razz:

Great report & good lookin' trout!!

thanks sansou! maybe we can fish and explore the salton sea sometime. :Smile:

Nice pics and report!

YamaFish - Rodger

thanks yamafish! i look forward to your reports on jessranch.

Good report and pix.

I need to try fishing my ripperz and trout wormz like that.
file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/shipmlb/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-28.jpg

thanks man! yeah you gotta give it a try, i've had the tackle for this rig for years but never used it. always stuck with powerbait. but im having lots of success with it now just about everywhere i go.

Nice report and pics BoxLobster! Glad to hear that the free day of fishing was productive for you and you got into a couple of tail walkers.

thanks fds! havent seen a report from you for awhile.

Nice catch

thanks angler! maybe ill see you out there sometime.

Nice looking trout WTG out there!

thanks trout nine! theyre nothing like your monsters but they'll do for now. HAHA

healthy looking fish there! got any pics after they were prepared and fried up??

i see you also like the right handed retrieve setup :Thumbs Up:

thanks shorty! no pics of the fish prepared im usually too lazy to cook them the same day haha. theyre in the freezer for now. alright another right hand retriever!! i never understood why people have right hand retrieve baitcasters and when they fish spinning reels its left hand retrieve for them.....:Confused:

troutdog
04-17-2009, 12:11 AM
Nice job out there Ernie, good to see you and your gf(still Michelle right?) made it out for some trout season....I KNOW I will see you during catfish season! :Wink:

TD

Fisherman57
04-17-2009, 09:50 AM
Great report Eddie!

Im glad you got to use the passes & coupons!...... the management at SARL/CORONA has always been very generous when it comes to TEAM 57 event raffles and Im always pleased to see a member have a great day with something they won at one of our events!

Looks like it was a great day and congrats to you & your GF!
8 1/2 pounds of trout ain't too shabby! LOL!

We'll be having another TEAM 57 event at Corona very soon, hope to see ya there!

Dana

JediMindTricks
04-17-2009, 12:15 PM
lol. i catch more clams than i do fish at that place. literally every time i reel in, i have a F-ing clam.......

boxl0bster
04-17-2009, 01:03 PM
Nice job out there Ernie, good to see you and your gf(still Michelle right?) made it out for some trout season....I KNOW I will see you during catfish season! :Wink:

TD

dude you know ill be there!! lol. i gotta qualify for the masters!! and yeah same gf :Razz:

Great report Eddie!

Im glad you got to use the passes & coupons!...... the management at SARL/CORONA has always been very generous when it comes to TEAM 57 event raffles and Im always pleased to see a member have a great day with something they won at one of our events!

Looks like it was a great day and congrats to you & your GF!
8 1/2 pounds of trout ain't too shabby! LOL!

We'll be having another TEAM 57 event at Corona very soon, hope to see ya there!

Dana

thanks dana! it was a great day, i see why you guys always get boats now. :Smile:
oh and dana you got my name wrong. LOL.

lol. i catch more clams than i do fish at that place. literally every time i reel in, i have a F-ing clam.......

serious! that was the 3rd one i reeled in. heres a tip, put those suckers on your hook and its game on! its the freshwater equivalent of live squid. :Secret: