PDA

View Full Version : Hit Skinner and DV

Nicksan
04-14-2009, 07:28 PM
Me and a buddy hit skinner this past weekend and got skunked, along with most everyone else. The water was crystal clear, nice wheather but I dont think theres any fish in this lake. One guy said he caught a trout but that took 3 hours. We fished for about 4 hours then headed to DV.
As we were entering a guy had 4 trout in his cage and he told us where he caught them, we setup and tossed PB, Anchovies, Kastmasters and everything else we had with no luck in about 3 hours, again the water was very clear and nice wheather but no fish.
We have been to almost every lake in So. Cal. (state run and private) and have caught very few fish :(

If anyone knows of a lake in So. Cal. that has fish in it, could you let me know ? because me and my buddy would really like to catch some fish, trout, bass, stripers, cat fish anything......

RamboBoy
04-14-2009, 07:35 PM
You will get em next time

use anchovy, 10 lb test line , 2 oz weight corlinga rig, 1/0 hook you will get stripers

JigStop
04-14-2009, 08:00 PM
There are almost no fish to be had unless you put in your "time". Many "Fishing Network" posters have worn the skunk, never proudly but always with the respect that each body of water deserves. For instance, the infamous fishing guide, Pete Marino, says flat out: he can't catch crappie. That's probably an understatement because I have fished with the guy and he is a PRO. But you still got to figure out what you want to catch and if, the timing is right. For example, all of us so-called "crappie experts" are killing them right now but we will be extremely tested to find these same fish in August.

Good luck next time but maybe you need to get a fishing buddy first because DVL and Skinner are full of fish.

This is the truth,

Rick

lurk 182
04-14-2009, 08:20 PM
slow down, it almost always helps. take that hand off the reel altogether if you have to. if you're on the bait and wait, at least hold the pole in your hand and hopefully you don't miss any bites. go down to four pound line and small baits if you have to. summer is on the way, they've gotta eat when it gets hot.

slickqrickq
04-14-2009, 08:30 PM
skinner is actually a good spot to fish, i have been skunked many times there but my recent visits has produced many and fun experiences there. me and my buddies have been murdering the stripers there at ramp 1.even though there are days where i dont catch nothing, its still a good scenery to hang out and get a buzz
e

Bluegill
04-14-2009, 08:40 PM
[QUOTE=Nicksan;332278]Me and a buddy hit skinner this past weekend and got skunked, along with most everyone else. The water was crystal clear, nice wheather but I dont think theres any fish in this lake. One guy said he caught a trout but that took 3 hours. We fished for about 4 hours then headed to DV.
As we were entering a guy had 4 trout in his cage and he told us where he caught them, we setup and tossed PB, Anchovies, Kastmasters and everything else we had with no luck in about 3 hours, again the water was very clear and nice wheather but no fish.
We have been to almost every lake in So. Cal. (state run and private) and have caught very few fish :(

If anyone knows of a lake in So. Cal. that has fish in it, could you let me know ? because me and my buddy would really like to catch some fish, trout, bass, stripers, cat fish anything.....

I was at skinner on Saturday 4-11-09. Were you guys fishing from shore or boat? Within five minutes of anchoring the the boat, first of 20 fish that we kept went into the livewell. Most of the stripper were 4-5lbs but cought 3 that were about 8-10lbs. There are hundreds/ thousands of mini stripper at lake skinner. I think we release about 50-80 of the mini stripper. Those mini are fun to catch while waiting for the larger ones. The bait to use anchoives, the fish are everywhere in that lake no mater where u fish at. But there is one thing, which is the most important thing in fishing lake skinner for stripper......... PM and I will give you the info.

Tr1p0d
04-14-2009, 08:54 PM
Skinner..... Strippers.... Hmmm sounds like fun to me...... JK
Skinner is a interesting lake... Sometimes you catch lots and sometimes you'll sit there wondering if there are any fish in the lake....

smokey25
04-15-2009, 07:53 PM
you just gotta be able to cast reel far from shore and be there when the fish are active. my 2 cents.