PDA

View Full Version : Looking to get back into water/fishing( i had a kayak)

Darius
04-13-2009, 11:57 PM
hello all fellow members, i had a 16ft tandem kayak for fishing. I used it for about 2 months. It was a great experience, the issue mainly was i couldnt go by myself due to certain circumstances of the kayak it was huge, and transportation was a pain. So next, i'm either going for a float tube, or pontoon on my mind, the factors i consider, they will fit perfect in my trucks bed. It'll be good for mamoth! Etc. Shoot me some advices.

calico killer kevin
04-14-2009, 01:05 AM
For float tubes, Fish Cat 4 and ODC 420 are your best bets. Also, the ODC 420 is on sale right now on their website for $140 or $160 shipped to your door. If I were you though, I would buy a Malibu MiniX, Cobra Navigator, or preferably a Tarpon 120 for your purposes. Not only can you use it for fishing, but it has great recreational value. They are also relatively short and light kayaks and with a set of wheels, will be super easy to transport. There are just so many more possibilities and upgrades with kayaks that you could modify for your needs.

Darius
04-14-2009, 08:11 AM
thanks man, i may be leaning back towards either a pontoon type tube, or a no more than a 9 ftr kayak,so only 3 ft will be sticking out of my bed.

socalhover
04-14-2009, 09:56 PM
get a hobie mirage sport! it's 9'7" and weighs less than 50 pounds!

http://www.hobiecat.com/kayaking/models_sport.html