PDA

View Full Version : another quick session at the City Lake

a biley
04-13-2009, 10:32 PM
Went after work for a short session before I had to go to class at 2:00 for nothing. Had a break after the first class and dropped off a book at the bosses house (GF) for a grammar test she needs to take for nursing. I felt lazy afterwards and decided not to go to my next class.

Hit the lake since it's close to her house, and see a few regulars there. 3rd cast, WHAM another wacky rig fish. This time I was using the 1/16 oz Chotto Shank wacky head hook with a Jackall 5.8" Flick Shake in Bluegill color. Got it on the drop after twitching it erratically. These hooks are sharp and all you really need to do is reel in or a small hook set.

I guess skipping class was worth it for this outing albeit catching one fish. For those of you not using these hooks, get on them! The rate of fall is perfect for the Flick Shake worms.

Gear:
Rod: Shimano Cumara 6'8 Med Fast
Reel: Shimano Core 100Mg (8# Seaguar Fluorocarbon)
Lure: Jackall Flick Shake Worm 5.8" (Bluegill) rigged wacky 1/16 oz head

BassLady
04-13-2009, 10:44 PM
good job. who need school anyways :Wink: lol

a biley
04-13-2009, 10:46 PM
good job. who need school anyways :Wink: lol

lol I just want to finish it ASAP, I'm like a super super super senior.

smokinflies
04-13-2009, 11:56 PM
nice session bro.

that's cool that you're able to hook into fish quickly. you must know that lake really well and/or have mad skills. how long have you been bassin'?

a biley
04-14-2009, 12:32 AM
nice session bro.

that's cool that you're able to hook into fish quickly. you must know that lake really well and/or have mad skills. how long have you been bassin'?

about a year, but took it seriously in December.

jlgarciaiii22
04-14-2009, 02:36 PM
Your killing me bro.... Black out the back ground.... I can see the "Bucket Brigade" heading over to the spot already!!!!!

shorty
04-15-2009, 11:58 AM
Catchin fish on hooky time is the best. btw that's a really nice reel! Must be extra smooth on the retrieve.