PDA

View Full Version : 4-13-09 smb

Ambassadorhawg
04-13-2009, 09:14 PM
Took the family out on the morning 1/2 day run on the NDM this morning. There was about 25 people.

The weather was nice, mostly sunny, fairly flat seas aand almost no breeze.

The water was cool and very murky, visibility only about 10 feet. The deckhand said that a big swell came through a few days ago and really churned up the water.

Well, that translated into a very slow day of codding. My daughter caught on tiny Square Spot before she gave up and I ended up with one good sized Starry and a small Rosy for my efforts. I took my fish on a 6 ounce jig, my daughter got hers on squid strips.

There was several nice Bocs taken, lots of Belindas and one big Ling that was pushing 15 pounds.

Slow fishing but a nice day on the water, still had fun!

supasportkid
04-13-2009, 10:47 PM
good just to be out on the water fishin! good job beatin the skunk

rusty6
04-14-2009, 07:42 AM
good to hear you at least got out, i'm still waiting around for may 1st up here...but when it does come...oh boy

JapanRon
04-14-2009, 12:53 PM
Hi Ambassadorhawg,

Good for you on getting out. Was the NDM crew (stainless) still good with taking care of the kids or at least making them feel at home ? Need update for boat on 'kid friendlyness'.

Thanks,

JapanRon

Ambassadorhawg
04-19-2009, 03:35 PM
good to hear you at least got out, i'm still waiting around for may 1st up here...but when it does come...oh boy

I will be up there in May (I hope!). If I get up there, I will PM you about going out...

Ambassadorhawg
04-19-2009, 03:36 PM
Hi Ambassadorhawg,

Good for you on getting out. Was the NDM crew (stainless) still good with taking care of the kids or at least making them feel at home ? Need update for boat on 'kid friendlyness'.

Thanks,

JapanRon

Hey JR,

The boat seemed plenty kid friendly. This was the second outting on that boat with my daughter, both times fun for the family.

JapanRon
04-19-2009, 07:01 PM
Hi again, again,

Thank you. She keeps her 'kid-friendly status' !!

JapanRon