PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Vail Lake with Art Hill 4-11-2009

Hardcor
04-13-2009, 08:18 PM
First I would like to thank Art Hill For a great day of fishing comradery. My brother and I have hired guides from the Great Bear Lake in the Arctic Circle to Argentina in South America, and Art Hill is second to none! Art was told he would be fishing with my brother and his two sons, so he makes a special trip from temecula to the Bass Pro shop in Rancho Cucamonga to buy goodies and gummy worms for the boys. This tells you what kind of a guy Art is. The boys ended up having baseball games so there uncle Corey gets the call.

OK on to the fishing.

Arts been posting about an epic Bass bite at Vail lake. We called Art and he told us he wanted to be the first boat on the lake. When we arrived at the point my brother Dick connected on his first cast to a nice slab crappie. My first cast resulted in a five and a half pound largemouth Bass. For the next hour and a half we were in a wide open bite on four to six pound Bass. It was as Art said, Epic! Well, some other boat started moving in and casting right on top of us. Art told us to relax he has another spot just to the outside and we leave the biting fish to the mob. Art sets up to the outside were there's some structure. My brother and I both cast out at the same time. My brother an I both swing at the same time. My brother and I both connect on 20 pound Channel Cats. We caught our four largest Bass of the day in that spot. It was non stop big Bass for about an hour. The bite didn't stop, the fish just shrank down a little to three to four pounders. We left them biting at 12 noon. We ended the day with about ninety Bass, Four Channel Cats and two slab Crappie. Our best five Bass between us was 32 pounds. We both had personnel five bass limits at 29 pounds each. If you add the cats the crappie and the ninety Bass we released over 400 pounds of fish.
It was an epic day, We had an awesome guide.

Thank You

Corey

P.S. I just read the post about my brother and I. Thank you we are both honored.

ART HILL
04-14-2009, 04:46 PM
That was the guide trip of all time for me. Those numbers would equal 200 fish for a full day trip. The quality was awesome, but the company was the prize. You guys were awesome anglers, and even better people.

Thanks Again,

Art

Art Hill's Guide Service

www.vaillakeguideservice.com (http://www.vaillakeguideservice.com)