PDA

View Full Version : Corona 04/11/09

King Halibut
04-13-2009, 08:40 AM
Fellow FNN'ers,

My buddy and I hit up Corona Lake on Saturday morning. I was a little skeptical as the last two times we had visited this little lake, I went home empty handed the old skunkeroo!

We launched his pontoon and headed to the shallow end of the lake, anchored and in went the rods.
First cast with Garlic PB................BAM nice 2.5 Tailwalker! SWEEEEEEEET!!!!!
The bait hadn't been in the water more than 2 minutes.

A few minutes later BAM on the other rod, a white Power-worm with a green Power-egg.
Another nice fish+/- 2lbs.

It seemed like every cast with the white/green combo caught a fish. I had 9 nice fish on the boat by 9am, the biggest going (4.6).

I must have caught 15 to 20 fish by 10am. Only kept the larger models, released the smaller fish carefully mind you.

My buddy was still smelling the skunk at this point and I was in fish heaven. The trout gods had given me my best day ever at Corona.

Ended up bringing home 13 really nice fish between the two of us. (Yes, paid extra)

Funny, by 11am the fish cut off considerably. There were still a few being caught but not as fast and furious as they were early.

Sorry no pictures, don't own a digi camera.

Until next time, fish out!

KH