PDA

View Full Version : Piru Part Deux en Double Digit 04/12/2009

BuzzBait
04-12-2009, 10:55 PM
So, this morning I woke up around 4 am and went right back to sleep after feeling fatigued. Next thing you know, it was already 7 am. After getting the kids ready, we left palmdale around 9:00 am. Stopped by Auto zone for oil. Stopped by Piru Mini Mart for snacks. Launched around 10 am. It was pretty late. There was no wind. Ack! This is just proving how my week is going. Not so good... I initially planned to be in the lake as soon as it opened. However, I've been having a pretty Bad week. Worst week in a long while. Anyway, we started by the launch ramp with reaction baits. Caught a few nice ones. Bounced around from spot to spot in the lake and it was not as productive compared to the previous week. Pressed for time, the bite dies down. The honey hole dry. We returned to a few spots that produced to see if we can milk it for whatever was there. I lost my favorite lure after my line snapped as I casted out. I was pretty bummed out by then. So, i switched so some random bait I found in the bait box. My husband catches another fish and I'm still stuck on the last big fish i caught. Slowly losing faith in catching fish after I had lost that favorite lure. I thought to myself, I've got eight boxes of tackle, why don't i use my next best choice. My back was aching and my shoulders knotted up from casting. But, I didn't want to give up. I started feeling a bit more confident with my no. 2 choice. The location was pretty good. The wind was picking up and then I caught my fourth fish and it swam under the anchor rope and the trebble hooks got caught. It was a mess! Finally when i got the hook removed from the rope the fish got off before i was able to land it for a photo op. Bloody Bastard! Second fish I missed for the day. Grrrr....Although as of that point i already caught the biggest fish so far. Until this big momma hooked up. Jumped out of the water twice! When I hooked up with the fish, I thought it was just another small fish just being feisty. I joked around telling my husband, "GRAB THE NET! IT'S A BIG ONE!" He looked over my way and saw the fish jumped out of the water not realizing how big the fish was. As the fish came closer to the boat, it started pulling drag. Then i thought to myself, this might not be quite so small after all. Then, I asked my husband, "See the fish? I think it's a REALLY BIG ONE! GRAB THE NET!" Then he looks down next to the boat to see this enormous fish roll over trying to get off the hooks. He then said, "OH Crap! It's a MonSTER! WHere's the net Love?" I guess I've never caught a fish big enough for him to use the net. He didnt' know where it was. After maybe 30 seconds of excitement we then decided to just land the fish by hand. WHOAH! MONSTER FISH! Took a small video and one picture. Weighed the fish at 12 lbs. WHOAH! I thought of catching a big fish. Never really thought of catching a double digit. We should have brought the fish to the marina to be measured and weighed. But the pretty lady looked like she was ready to lay eggs. We immediately released her.

http://www.geocities.com/freyalise_lovisa/Backpage/Piru041209BF.jpg

Total number of Fish caught : 7 Keepers and 5 less than 10 inches

BUDdhaBIG
04-12-2009, 11:11 PM
A huuuuge round of applause! Congrats on that huge hog! So great to hear that you were more concerned for the fish's well being. Keep up the good work and start working towards the big one that'll top this outting's catch. GOOD JOB!

Liteliner
04-12-2009, 11:27 PM
Awesome job out there. That is a beautiful hawg right there. Thanks for the report and congrats on the DD.....

MrGambit
04-13-2009, 12:13 AM
Congrats folks its been a while.. and what a lunker.....

Santa Fe Eric
04-13-2009, 12:46 AM
Very nice work!

Great Photos!

fishntime
04-13-2009, 03:57 AM
Thats Awsome! So what was your bait of choice? Inquiring minds want to know.

Ambassadorhawg
04-13-2009, 05:44 AM
Is that a NORTHERN??? I don't think that there are any Florida Strain LMB's in Piru??? That thing is a cow!!!!

JSAUCE818
04-13-2009, 06:30 AM
wow,..VERY impressive!! espescially out of Piru Lake.

TroutOnly
04-13-2009, 07:23 AM
GREAT BASS BUZZBAIT,,,,,t/o

Fresh H2O Bill
04-13-2009, 07:49 AM
WOW! That's a great fish. Thanks for sharing the blow-by-blow. Really impressive report and pics!

Congrats,

Bill

Matthew 4:19

BuzzBait
04-13-2009, 11:09 AM
Thats Awsome! So what was your bait of choice? Inquiring minds want to know.

Depending on the conditions of water clarity and the weather helps me determine what color and type I would choose. As soon as the wind picked up it was time for some reaction baits. Not quite my forte but my husband is a reaction bait feind. I owe it all to him. My choice of bait at that time was a spinner. We usually have different baits out there to determine which would get a bite. After he caught a fish on a crankbait, I followed his lead. We were getting double hook ups at that moment. Those moments only lasted for so long...

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-13-2009, 02:14 PM
Now thats what I'M talkin bout....woo-hooo!

Awesome pig there, way ta roll......sorry Hubby, your gonna hear about that one for some time to come....and rightfully so !

Nice catches....a huge congrats on the DD hawg !

Nice work, congrats to both of the husband and wife fishing team....way ta roll I'd say....no better way to spend quality time outdoors together.....

Congrats !,
Gary

lurk 182
04-13-2009, 03:05 PM
awesome fish, and you didn't have to spend a week throwing swimbaits in the rain to get it. congrats, that is a pig.

RamboBoy
04-13-2009, 03:17 PM
WTG! Nice report. Good job you catch DD

tacklejunkie
04-13-2009, 04:20 PM
Toadzilla!
Way to go! Look at that Fiash! :Smile:

bassinnut
04-13-2009, 04:41 PM
Congrats on two great trips. Thanks for the great reports

slief
04-13-2009, 06:02 PM
Amazing! Great report! Some guys have all the luck! Nothing cooler than good looking woman who fishes and catches! Think your hubby would be up for a wife swap! :Wink: I would gladly trade mine in as she wont get near fish unless its on her plate! :ROFL:

Congrats on the DD!! That a beauty!

Red Drum
04-13-2009, 07:39 PM
Wow! That was a toad Bass, major congrats!!

BuzzBait
04-13-2009, 08:18 PM
Amazing! Great report! Some guys have all the luck! Nothing cooler than good looking woman who fishes and catches! Think your hubby would be up for a wife swap! :Wink: I would gladly trade mine in as she wont get near fish unless its on her plate! :ROFL:

Congrats on the DD!! That a beauty!

try talking to this guy for a wife swap?

http://www.geocities.com/freyalise_lovisa/art/77235097477_0_1.jpg

Thanks for the compliments!

BuzzBait
04-13-2009, 08:21 PM
Congrats on two great trips. Thanks for the great reports

if it were only like this every week... Thanks

Hitts0n
04-13-2009, 10:01 PM
Piru have always had fatty's...I just cant catch them ! Lmao !
Great catch !

Hitts0n
04-13-2009, 10:05 PM

Is that the Jungle's in the background? lmaoo ! Most of you might not get this joke......lol

BuzzBait
04-13-2009, 10:59 PM
Is that the Jungle's in the background? lmaoo ! Most of you might not get this joke......lol

Never thought of that, but now that you've pointed it out. It's not. Far from there...

fishindude420
04-14-2009, 12:02 AM
awesome report. congrats on the double d! Good job releasing her right away. i always do that if they look like there about to shoot there eggs everywhere. that things a monster!

BuzzBait
04-14-2009, 09:44 PM
awesome report. congrats on the double d! Good job releasing her right away. i always do that if they look like there about to shoot there eggs everywhere. that things a monster!

I've caught a few young momma's and you're right! They just start squirting as soon as you touch their bellies. not sure if it's eggs or just peeing.

slief
04-15-2009, 09:10 AM

You never know what you get unless you ask!! :ROFL:

I went to cancun with my wife a couple years ago.. I was snorkeling and she was wading. Some lady comes along with a bag full of bread to feed the fish.. Wifes all into it. Then the lady decides enough is enough and puts the bag away and leaves the water..

Im under water and hear blood curdling screaming and splashing. I surface to see my wife in a full blown panic screaming bloody murder and franticly pounding at the water.....

When the lady left the water with the bread, the fish rushed my wife looking for more hand outs. Thinking they were going to attack her and eat her or something, she flipped out and completely lost it. I nearly swalled a gallon of water from laughing so hard. She is terrified of fish! :ROFL:

She will have nothing to do with fish unless its on her plate or in the tank...

BuzzBait
04-15-2009, 03:01 PM
You never know what you get unless you ask!! :ROFL:

I went to cancun with my wife a couple years ago.. I was snorkeling and she was wading. Some lady comes along with a bag full of bread to feed the fish.. Wifes all into it. Then the lady decides enough is enough and puts the bag away and leaves the water..

Im under water and hear blood curdling screaming and splashing. I surface to see my wife in a full blown panic screaming bloody murder and franticly pounding at the water.....

When the lady left the water with the bread, the fish rushed my wife looking for more hand outs. Thinking they were going to attack her and eat her or something, she flipped out and completely lost it. I nearly swalled a gallon of water from laughing so hard. She is terrified of fish! :ROFL:

She will have nothing to do with fish unless its on her plate or in the tank...

Fish can be intimidating - even the little ones. Perhaps thats the reason why i don't like watching scary movies or tv shows that involve "When animals attack" unless it's on the "Funniest Home Videos".

The first time my husband caught a lunker at lower lake castaic. I freaked out. It was fathers day four years ago. It was dark and ambushing small fish on shore. He caught that fish about three feet in front of him. That fish flopped around in fury. It was pretty intimidating. I didn't want to get near it at that time. Now I look back... I survived it. I fear no fish no more! All I fear is the trebble hooks that get me everytime i try to remove them. Those suckers sting and cut. The barbs are the worst!

merkopac
04-15-2009, 09:04 PM
Thats a TOAD!

GeordyBass
04-16-2009, 01:16 PM
Excellent Job!!!!!!!!!!!Now thats a big'un....I fished piru for a straight year and caught my pb....7lbs....lol....

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-16-2009, 01:55 PM
Excellent Job!!!!!!!!!!!Now thats a big'un....I fished piru for a straight year and caught my pb....7lbs....lol....

Wheres da pic ?

GeordyBass
04-16-2009, 02:45 PM
Wheres da pic ?whoops i meant .7lbs....lol j/k,,,no pics that time,didnt have camera or camera-phone yet....:ROFL:

Big Ed
04-20-2009, 06:31 PM
Wow!

Great catch, Congratulations on a fine fish and for letting her spawn.

Only a fish of that size can produce offspring with the proper genetics to grow big bass babies!

Really a wonderfull job of releasing her!

Later; Big Ed!

crappie stalker
04-21-2009, 07:26 AM
Now thats a big arse fish..LOL Great job on pulling that one off.. Great post on the activities of the day..

CS

BuzzBait
04-22-2009, 10:17 PM
Thanks!
We went back for seconds this sunday and some dude caught a 12.5 lbs bass during a tournament that day. We caught 13 keepers and tons of little less than 10 inchers. I haven't uploaded the pics yet. Been busy... besides it's kinda late to post the report. A lot of the fish we caught on sunday were in slightly deeper water. Perhaps the tourney guys got to the bigger fish first...