PDA

View Full Version : THe insights helped! But what we caught fooled us all.

Ifishtoolittle
04-12-2009, 05:12 PM
Well let's just start, my dad agreed to take me to DVL today and this obviously kept me up for most of the night due to the anticipation. At 6:00 AM me and my family high tailed out to DVL in hopes of well Panfish and Bass inparticular. But alas it was not to be(at least in the morning that is). We worked the whole east side of the lake for zip and even saw nothing. Overall I could see that many people had gotten the :Skunk:! This though nearly got us, but at 12:00PM my dad decides to just BS the rest of our half day until 1:45. As we approached the end of the cove my dad decides to move once again after 15min in the cove, but what suprised us all was that my mom hooked up onto a Bow'. She fought it for 1min and as I attempted to land it I noticed another trout swimming by it. Quickly I net the fish and scrambled for my rod. As she lands it my bro also hooks into a bow', it would be 30min until after I got my first and only fish for the day. My dad on the other hand was able to hook into a bow' himself, but shortly after he hooked into a 2lb bass that shook him off. After losing the bass my dad was at an awe, but he was quickly cheered up because he hooked into a 6lb bow'. This pig dragged him for a good 4min twisting and turning making several runs under the boat. As it neared the surface I quickly netted the last and biggest fish of the day. After the huge bow' the bite completely shut down. While at the marina I learned from the DFG the everytime DVL receives a 1,500lb stock of bow's only about 6 bow's are in the 5lbs and up class so we were pretty lucky.

Fish Score:
Me: 1 bow'
Dad: 1 small bow', 6lb bow', 1 lost bass
Brother: 2 bow's
Mom: 1 bow'

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu337/Ifishtoolittle/IMG_1917.jpg
My Bow'

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu337/Ifishtoolittle/IMG_1918.jpg
The fatty Bow'

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu337/Ifishtoolittle/IMG_1919.jpg

Also I think I met PONTOON, but I wasn't sure so I didn't really introduce myself. If that was you nice kitties!

-Ifishtoolittle (Bryan)

PONTOON
04-12-2009, 06:05 PM
Ifishtoolittle,

Great report and pics! I love it. That is very neat to hear about families having fun together and what better way to spend the day than fishing.:Thumbs Up::Thumbs Up:
I promised to spend the weekend with my wife and daughter but they are more into the museum kind of thing. I'm pretty sure who you saw today was Trolly and Kewlwip after the DVL kitties. I had to do my fishing through the live phone reports. LOL

Again, Great report and thanks for posting.

Ifishtoolittle
04-12-2009, 08:18 PM
Ifishtoolittle,

Great report and pics! I love it. That is very neat to hear about families having fun together and what better way to spend the day than fishing.:Thumbs Up::Thumbs Up:
I promised to spend the weekend with my wife and daughter but they are more into the museum kind of thing. I'm pretty sure who you saw today was Trolly and Kewlwip after the DVL kitties. I had to do my fishing through the live phone reports. LOL

Again, Great report and thanks for posting.

My bad I'm sorry about that.

ghetto dad
04-12-2009, 08:37 PM
Great job brother.....nice trout.....

GD