PDA

View Full Version : Balboa Island Friday

willis949
06-17-2007, 01:16 PM
Went out to Balboa Island to thw public docks where the ferry comes in.I wondered is there a limit to the amount of ploes you can have in the water?These two guys had 6 poles in covering the whole dock and I said f#%@ it and stasted casting my 1/4 oz. leadheads with 2" Berkley shrimp pearl whites and caught 5 bass.They didn't catch anything and I was glad because 6 poles is overkill.Can someone let me know how many are allowed per person.

dirthead
06-17-2007, 02:02 PM
I think its 2 on a pier or dock

SanDimasLMB
06-17-2007, 02:33 PM
Nice spottie! :thumb: Also, it doesn't matter where you are but only 2 rods per person and you need a 2 rod stamp also.

hakaveli
06-17-2007, 03:08 PM
Nice spottie! :thumb: Also, it doesn't matter where you are but only 2 rods per person and you need a 2 rod stamp also.

no need 2 rod stamp in salt only in fresh

sansou
06-17-2007, 03:10 PM

I disagree. I think you have freshwater regs and saltwater confused.

Unless specifically indicated otherwise (which most public piers and jetties are apt to publicly post @ 2 lines max), you can have as many lines in ocean as you can personally attend to. Practically speaking, if you are surf fishing off the beach or float tubing, you can fish as many lines as you can "personally attend to".

The 2 pole stamp applies to freshwater (lakes, reservoirs & stillwater impoundments, but not for streams/rivers).

Read the regs.

hakaveli
06-17-2007, 03:20 PM

I disagree. I think you have freshwater regs and saltwater confused.

Unless specifically indicated otherwise (which most public piers and jetties are apt to publicly post @ 2 lines max), you can have as many lines in ocean as you can personally attend to. Practically speaking, if you are surf fishing off the beach or float tubing, you can fish as many lines as you can "personally attend to".

The 2 pole stamp applies to freshwater (lakes, reservoirs & stillwater impoundments, but not for streams/rivers).

Read the regs.

u got it right

SanDimasLMB
06-17-2007, 04:32 PM
Thanks Sansou, I thought the 2 rod regulation was for every body of water, thanks for clearing that up. 8)

spiceguy
06-18-2007, 12:51 PM
I think I've seen those jerks before, only they had ten poles. They took up an entire dock between the two of them. WTF is up with that?

willis949
06-18-2007, 03:52 PM
I think there is a distinct difference between a sportfisherman and someone catching dinner.I go out because using a lure to catch a fish is a challenge and it pisses me off that at a public dock these guys are selfish enough to think they own the whole dock.I cast over them sometimes and if they dont like it reel in a couple poles.I would gladly give them any legal fish I catch.