PDA

View Full Version : Quick report night wedge

doyoufishmuch
04-12-2009, 11:59 AM
Headed out last nite for a little nite sesh. Fished from about 830 to 2. Bite was good despite a little stronger wind than I would have liked. Ended up with a couple nice sand bass, a tree fish, and a couple other random ones. Had a few nice ones ran for the rocks and broke me off, but thats what keeps me comin back every time... Until next time.

Jaysuuun
04-12-2009, 12:25 PM
Thanks for the report and good job on the fish! I think I may want to try dropshotting the wedge sometime. We would like to add those fish to our species list. :Wink:

Ifishtoolittle
04-12-2009, 05:31 PM
Man you can catch them all WTG!

megafisher94
04-12-2009, 06:04 PM
nice job! man you realy have to go at night to get those species...

doyoufishmuch
04-12-2009, 08:59 PM
Thanks for the report and good job on the fish! I think I may want to try dropshotting the wedge sometime. We would like to add those fish to our species list. :Wink:

Thanks man. You and your gf Tess definitely got the inner harbor down. Especially with those fat spotties. :Thumbs Up: Other than the occasional leadhead il toss out in calmer conditions, I stick with dropshot. Just makes it easier to feel my way around the rocks without gettn hung up. Good luck, im sure il see you guys out there one of these days.

Man you can catch them all WTG!

Hey thanks. That place just lends itself to a bunch of random species. I've only gotten a couple with the gulp jerkshads and most have come on squid strips or baby tiger shrimp. So I think Im supposed to lose some points for 'baitn n waitn', but its just a blast to be out there and have a good bite. Plus, I like to hunt the fish with the bait rather than wait. Haha.

nice job! man you realy have to go at night to get those species...

Hey thanks man. Yea, something about being out there in the dark. I seem to get more reaction bites, and usually if they bite once they come back for more even if I miss setting the hook a few times. The bite can be good during the day with good conditions, but I think I scare the fish away with my weight or hook if I miss a bite, cuz then I usually wont get another bite until I get over a few big rocks or find another hole. Im pretty sure you mentioned it in your wedge report how much of a difference fishing close to the jetty can have. That can make a big difference at night too sometimes. Thanks again man, hopefully il see ya out there one of these days or nights, haha.

Robert trout hunter
04-12-2009, 09:57 PM
man nice variety (that is a pretty big tree fish) thanks for the report

shorty
04-15-2009, 02:44 PM
Fishin the wedge is always fun, gotta give ya props for the nighttime rock hopping. if you're missing strikes try some owner light mutu circle hooks, they take a lot of the guesswork out of setting the hook.

Great report keep them coming!