PDA

View Full Version : 4/11/09

basscatcher
04-11-2009, 09:59 PM
so went to go fish this mornig at DVL With some buddies of mine. we worked the shore line and we get to this one point and my friend casts out and hooks up to a nice healthy 2.5?lb bass. i get my supermagnum zaraspook and fling it as far as i can and about the 10th cast i get a MONSTER boil on it and it was on it pulled and i set the hook but then it jumped in the air, as it jumped i notice that it was a MONSTER LMB. this thing had to be at least 9lbs. i see it jump and it opens its huge mouth and shakes and guess what it threw the lure out of its mouth.:Angry: It was so cool though to see the boil. i didn't care afterward if i cuaght anything just seeing and having that little fight made my day. after that it slowed down and i ended up with the skunk. I also banged the lure on a rock so i have a big spot of paint misssing. and i need to change those hooks on that bait but it was a good day.

God Bless

basscatcher

"HE HAS RISEN"

ghetto dad
04-11-2009, 10:09 PM
nice man......too bad about u losing the fatty man.....

GD

samgann93
04-11-2009, 10:41 PM
too bad about the bass. but those boils will make you keep coming for more.

thanxs for the report.

RoastedBlueGill
04-11-2009, 11:26 PM
hey basscatcher, i thought you said that the fish was an eight pounder when you lost it! just kidding...you were pretty persistent throwing your swimbaits, i wish you hadn't lost that fish. i think you made more casts than anyone else that was fishing there. and sorry about the huddleston. next time your gonna get that fish.

Ifishtoolittle
04-12-2009, 12:38 AM
Well the :Skunk: may have gotten the best of you, but that's fishing. At least you got time on the water.

basscatcher
04-12-2009, 07:50 AM
hey basscatcher, i thought you said that the fish was an eight pounder when you lost it! just kidding...you were pretty persistent throwing your swimbaits, i wish you hadn't lost that fish. i think you made more casts than anyone else that was fishing there. and sorry about the huddleston. next time your gonna get that fish.

yea, after that my arms were getting very tired and then i banged my bait on those rocks to, :Angry: thats ok i am ordering the 9in lunkerpunker blemish. hey do you know who does a REALLY good job on airbrush painting?

God Bless

basscatcher

"HE HAS RISEN"

JENSEN500
04-12-2009, 08:37 AM
hey do you know who does a REALLY good job on airbrush painting?

Just my preference,but the best and by far most producing top water bait ive got is a pop-r with 75% of the paint knocked off of it from hitting rocks or docks. You gotta remember, they paint these big top water baits to attract the angler,not the fish! When was the last time you saw a fish peek his head out of the water to see what color the bait is? In my experience,75% of my topwater experiance success if confidence and the other 25% is luck!I dont know how many tourny's ive won or placed high throwing a buzzbait at lake hemet,havasu,skinner or perris in the dead of winter. honest to god,i will throw that bait for 8hrs because i have so much confidence in it i know it will catch fish.

Maybe try a sharpie on the belly and create your own design,something the fish have never seen b-4. could be your ace in the hole!

Just my 2 cents worth and good luck!

jeff

smokinflies
04-12-2009, 03:45 PM
nice try at DVL dude.

it's not your fault, it was tackle failure, not angler error.

better yet, just say you were practicing catch and release without pulling the fish out of the water.

did you see the fish? i think that counts as a catch if you did.

basscatcher
04-12-2009, 05:02 PM
nice try at DVL dude.

it's not your fault, it was tackle failure, not angler error.

better yet, just say you were practicing catch and release without pulling the fish out of the water.

did you see the fish? i think that counts as a catch if you did.

i did see the fish but it was like 15ft out.

God Bless

basscatcher

"HE HAS RISEN"

lurk 182
04-13-2009, 03:24 PM
yea, after that my arms were getting very tired and then i banged my bait on those rocks to, :Angry: thats ok i am ordering the 9in lunkerpunker blemish. hey do you know who does a REALLY good job on airbrush painting?

God Bless

basscatcher

"HE HAS RISEN"

the guys at Black Dog are really good at painting. maybe just pay full price. i like the wood ones better than the molded ones.

DarkShadow
04-13-2009, 03:37 PM
thats ok i am ordering the 9in lunkerpunker blemish. hey do you know who does a REALLY good job on airbrush painting?

http://commerce03.i2net.com/able55new/stores/36/images/Wrap%20DT%20LP.jpg

Just get the bait wrapped....