PDA

View Full Version : Fanasy Football

The Angler
04-11-2009, 07:18 PM
I know its way early for it but is anyone up for some fantasy football i usually play on the espn site. I think it was like 30 bucks last year unless u guys wanna do a free league?

calico killer kevin
04-12-2009, 12:22 AM
Did a free league with some people on the site. Last year's last place ended up winning first place cause freakin Marshawn Lynch couldn't earn 4 more points...

Yeah, I'd be interested in a free league.

The Angler
04-12-2009, 02:32 AM
Haha sounds good we can do a free league. hopefully more people will get involed.

sweetfish
04-13-2009, 09:15 AM
I did the free league with some guys here (Steeler Doggy, Slo - Town Slugger, Trout Diggity Dogg, Team Islander, and P-Town Hawks). I am down with it.

The Angler
04-13-2009, 11:12 AM
Sweet just get the word out and i will set it up or if someone else wants to set it up just say so .

calico killer kevin
04-13-2009, 02:04 PM
Yeah, I might need a reminder when football season comes around
otherwise I can almost gurantee you that I'll forget...lol...

The Angler
04-13-2009, 11:35 PM
Yea will do i might have to bump the thread a few times to keep it up lol

troutdog
04-14-2009, 11:26 AM
We have done a yahoo league the past two years, free league and voluntary buy in for those that want to make it a little more interesting. When the time comes we can put it to vote as far as what site we want to go through in July when football is offered...I am definitely in.

TD

MarkyMark
04-14-2009, 03:39 PM
ESPN is good because of live scoring..as long as there's MONEY INVOLVED I'm down...

Mark
aka
Compton Cowboys

The Angler
04-14-2009, 10:55 PM
Hahaha Compton Cowboys

Dude u are no match for the Riverside Rampage:Evil:

rusty6
04-18-2009, 11:32 AM
i'm in again as always...better watch out, reigning champ is gunna bust some skulls again

troutdog
04-18-2009, 12:22 PM
i'm in again as always...better watch out, reigning champ is gunna bust some skulls again

Just be sure to set aside some of those winnings for the entry fee before December :Wink:

TD

Santa Fe Eric
07-13-2009, 12:20 AM
We have done a yahoo league the past two years, free league and voluntary buy in for those that want to make it a little more interesting. When the time comes we can put it to vote as far as what site we want to go through in July when football is offered...I am definitely in.

TD

I've never done this before, but I think I would join up if we had an FNN league!!

DocHolliday
07-13-2009, 11:45 AM

TD

I remember last year we did one. im down for another.

rusty6
07-14-2009, 02:43 PM
so should i make another FNN Fantasy Football league soon? season is just around the corner and id like to get the draft done around the preseason games

The Angler
07-14-2009, 02:59 PM
Yup Yup Im pretty sure ESPN has free Fanasy Footbal leagues you can create

sweetfish
07-14-2009, 04:52 PM
So is the league going to be on ESPN or yahoo?

troutdog
07-14-2009, 05:30 PM
The past two years we have gone through Yahoo, but the problem previously voiced was the fact you had to pay $9.99 for live updated scores....I'd be up to try ESPN if scores are automatically updated.

Anyone know if ESPN charges for live scoring or if it is free?

TD

baadfish69
07-14-2009, 06:19 PM
Hey Im down! Has anyone set it up yet?

screaming_spool
07-14-2009, 09:00 PM
Im in Pm me the details

MarkyMark
07-15-2009, 07:25 AM
ESPN is good because of live scoring..as long as there's MONEY INVOLVED I'm down...

Mark
aka
Compton Cowboys

TD

What, you don't trust anyone from COMPTON???

MM

sweetfish
07-15-2009, 07:38 AM
Are we going to do a $10 pool for the champ again? I would love to take your guys' contributions this year.

Steeler Doggy are you in this year?

Aka
Surfing Bros

troutdog
07-15-2009, 09:38 AM
TD

What, you don't trust anyone from COMPTON???

MM

So you quote yourself and then ask if I don't trust anyone from Compton? You lost me dude. Please clarify. For the record where you're from doesn't determine my level of trust, if you were being serious about the question you have misjudged my character or misinterpreted something I wrote.

BTW I look forward to whoopin the carp outta you in fantasy football this year! :Wink:

TD

MarkyMark
07-15-2009, 10:56 AM
TD

I played in an ESPN league last year, they provided free scoring. Don't spend too much time reading between the lines of my response, it was meant to be funny. :Embarrassed:

MM

troutdog
07-15-2009, 11:02 AM
TD

I played in an ESPN league last year, they provided free scoring. Don't spend too much time reading between the lines of my response, it was meant to be funny. :Embarrassed:

MM

All good its just when you quoted yourself and made that comment without a :LOL: or a :ROFL:, there was no way to tell your voice inflection over a computer.

Okay cool I thought I recall you being in an espn league, you want to set it up or you want me to? Lemme know!

TD

rusty6
07-15-2009, 11:29 AM
yeah espn has live scoring, as well as nfl.com

Santa Fe Eric
07-15-2009, 02:16 PM
I'm down for this whether it is a pay league or free. I just think this wuld be a blast. I've never done this before so I'll probably run the table with my beginners luck:Razz:

Somebody please get this going. I would do it if I knew how.:Cool:
SFE

MarkyMark
07-15-2009, 03:05 PM
TD

It's all yours...:Envious::Envious:

MM

rusty6
07-15-2009, 06:17 PM
ive commished the past few seasons for fnn football and baseball, might as well keep that going haha

baadfish69
07-15-2009, 08:14 PM
Well....SOMEBODY set it up.....I wanna get in on it!

troutdog
07-15-2009, 09:09 PM
ive commished the past few seasons for fnn football and baseball, might as well keep that going haha

Just fyi I was last season and Steve was the year before....whatcha guys smokin up in SLO? :LOL:

I'll try and get this set up by tonight, unless you want the honors Rusty...PM me of you do and I will do the same.

TD

The Angler
07-15-2009, 09:12 PM
Ok ill try to get this started first thing this weekend since I did start the thread I guess its my duty to make the league. Just a few point though can we have a little vote

1. Espn league or Yahoo or NFL.com

2. We going to all put up a few bucks to the winner, And how much is everyone willing to put up?

3. How will we pay-up the winners cash after the season is over?

4. Instead of cash maybe when can all pitch in and buy some sort of fishing gear & tackle for prizes for first,second, and third? To bad we cant get someone to sponser the official FNN Fanasy Football league for prizes :Wink:

Santa Fe Eric
07-16-2009, 12:06 AM
I have no preference. I follow ESPN and NFL.com during football season so they are morfe familiar to me but the whole process will be new.
5 years ago at work a guy started a league with $50 buy in and I couldn't afford it so I didn't do it. So anything less than that will make me a happy man. No i'm not big ballin but I missed my Corona trip last weekend and I have to go get my man stripes removed by going to a Co-Ed baby shower this weekend :Embarrassed:. So I got a little bit stashed away.
Maybe we can Paypal the money to The Commish.

baadfish69
07-16-2009, 12:18 AM
1. I think ESPN will work just fine.

2. No reason to go more than $20 per person...(and I think thats even stretching it)...considering many Im sure would be happy playing a free league.

3. I think the idea of putting the pot together to buy fishing gear for the winner/s is an excellent idea considering the circumstances. Then again...maybe just have everyone vote at the beginning of the season as to what they would prefer.....and when it comes down to the wire, we can decide then.

The Angler
07-16-2009, 12:29 AM
1. I think ESPN will work just fine.

2. No reason to go more than $20 per person...(and I think thats even stretching it)...considering many Im sure would be happy playing a free league.

3. I think the idea of putting the pot together to buy fishing gear for the winner/s is an excellent idea considering the circumstances. Then again...maybe just have everyone vote at the beginning of the season as to what they would prefer.....and when it comes down to the wire, we can decide then.

I dont think were paying for a league...
I Meant how much do people want to put on the line for the prize pot. The league will be a free league.

MarkyMark
07-16-2009, 07:04 AM
I would say no more than $25.00 per person. If that's a problem for some I'm flexible. We need players!!!

MM

sweetfish
07-16-2009, 07:58 AM
Ok ill try to get this started first thing this weekend since I did start the thread I guess its my duty to make the league. Just a few point though can we have a little vote

1. Espn league or Yahoo or NFL.com

2. We going to all put up a few bucks to the winner, And how much is everyone willing to put up?

3. How will we pay-up the winners cash after the season is over?

4. Instead of cash maybe when can all pitch in and buy some sort of fishing gear & tackle for prizes for first,second, and third? To bad we cant get someone to sponser the official FNN Fanasy Football league for prizes :Wink:

1. I am open to either league. I did the Yahoo league with some guys here last year.

2. I am willing to pay up to $25.00.

3. Last year when Rusty won he got the check from the pool. Everyone mailed a check for 10 bucks.

4. I think this is a awesome idea and would love to go this route instead.

Preseason starts in 3 weeks. Let's get it on. Have the draft after the second preseason game. Is this cool with everyone?

baadfish69
07-16-2009, 11:12 AM
Sounds good to me!

troutdog
07-16-2009, 11:18 AM
Stay tuned guys.....

TD

rusty6
07-16-2009, 12:14 PM
i say we just stick with the $10 per person haha, espn works, and yes you are correct TD i have never commished FNN football...so yeah, just let us know when its up and i'll start whoopin all you guys again

DocHolliday
07-16-2009, 05:24 PM
last year i had no problem with Yahoo, from what i hear they are offering statracker free now. so it wont be 9.99 for the live scoring. Personally ive used all three ( ESPN, NFL, YAHOO) and have to say yahoo is by far the best. Whatever you guys want tho im down for.

calico killer kevin
07-16-2009, 06:43 PM
Reigning 2nd place champion here lol!

The Angler
07-16-2009, 10:02 PM
FNN Fanasy Football League is under way Thx to Troutdog for setting it up.

The league will be hosted on ESPN.com

Search League : FNN Fanasy Football :Cool:

baadfish69
07-16-2009, 10:23 PM
whats the password?

troutdog
07-16-2009, 10:28 PM
League: FNN Fantasy Football (not "fanasy" like The Angler spells it :LOL:)

Password: fisherman

Let me know if you have a problem!

Try this link as well....this is my first time doing Espn league so work with me hear guys!

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/tools/join?leagueId=153215 (http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/tools/join?leagueId=153215)

password: fisherman

People already in: Sante Fe Eric, Baadfish69, OZ and myself....6 spots left, first come first serve!

TD

sweetfish
07-17-2009, 08:00 AM
Okay Sweetfish aka "Surfing Bros" is in.

troutdog
07-17-2009, 08:44 AM

Try this link as well....this is my first time doing Espn league so work with me hear guys!

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/tools/join?leagueId=153215 (http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/tools/join?leagueId=153215)

People already in: Sante Fe Eric, Baadfish69, OZ, Sweetfish and myself....5 spots left, first come first serve!

TD

rusty6
07-17-2009, 10:39 AM
im in as well!

troutdog
07-17-2009, 10:50 AM

People already in: Sante Fe Eric, Baadfish69, OZ, Sweetfish, Rusty and myself....4 spots left, first come first serve!

TD

fisheraces
07-17-2009, 03:15 PM
trying to get in but its not letting me. What is the user and password?

sweetfish
07-17-2009, 03:35 PM
trying to get in but its not letting me. What is the user and password?

You need to create own personal account on ESPN.com first. Then go to Fantasy tab and search for FNN fantasy league. The password is "fisherman" (bottom left corner for the password prompt).

fisheraces
07-17-2009, 03:44 PM
You need to create own personal account on ESPN.com first. Then go to Fantasy tab and search for FNN fantasy league. The password is "fisherman" (bottom left corner for the password prompt).

Thank you very much. I'm in!!!!

Rabid Rednecks in the house!!!!!

troutdog
07-17-2009, 06:00 PM

People already in: Sante Fe Eric, Baadfish69, OZ, Sweetfish, Rusty, Fisheraces, the Angler and myself....2 spots left, first come first serve!

TD

http://fishinghotpage.com/forum4/images/misc/progress.gif

troutdog
07-18-2009, 12:10 PM

People already in: Sante Fe Eric, Baadfish69, OZ, Sweetfish, Rusty, Fisheraces, the Angler, MarkyMrk and myself....1 spot left, first come first serve!

TD

The Angler
07-18-2009, 09:46 PM
Did ESPN say there was a 10 team limit or something ?

Or do u have to join a pay league to have more?

troutdog
07-18-2009, 10:06 PM
Did ESPN say there was a 10 team limit or something ?

Or do u have to join a pay league to have more?

I did not see an option for more than 10 offered, imo it is the perfect amount of teams anyways....consider the fact you are probably going to want at least 3 solid RBs on your team. If you do a league with 12 teams then you get down to drafting back ups that often score little to nothing...the bottom tier starting RBs already fall into that category let alone a back up.

TD

calico killer kevin
07-18-2009, 11:05 PM
Done deal. All 10 spots have been secured. Okay you pansies let's rock.:Cool:

troutdog
07-18-2009, 11:15 PM
Sante Fe Eric, Baadfish69, OZ, Sweetfish, Rusty, Fisheraces, the Angler, MarkyMark, Flower Picker Kevin :LOL: and myself make up this years FNN Fantasy football league.....I encourage anyone who missed out to start another league/thread, I don't think there will be any problem filling another league if need be.

Let the games begin!

TD

baadfish69
07-19-2009, 02:19 AM
Sante Fe Eric, Baadfish69, OZ, Sweetfish, Rusty, Fisheraces, the Angler, MarkyMark, Flower Picker Kevin :LOL: and myself make up this years FNN Fantasy football league.....I encourage anyone who missed out to start another league/thread, I don't think there will be any problem filling another league if need be.

Lets the games begin!

TD

I agree. Though this league is full now, there is a very good chance that many FNN patrons did not get to this thread in time. I think it would be very interesting to see another league started, and would give more for all to talk about!

To all in our league..............

Prepare for an arse whoopin!!!

Santa Fe Eric
07-19-2009, 12:51 PM
I'm real pumped up about this. Once I get my "Fantasy Football for Dummies" book,:ROFL: I'm gonna Crack Skullz. :mad:

DocHolliday
07-19-2009, 08:11 PM
dammit i lagged it.... oh well

Oz
07-19-2009, 08:27 PM
lets do this!!!!!!!!!!!! :Cool:

not thread jacking here but thought if you guys wanna another team, on yahoo i have my league. check it out.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/dirty_dozen

DocHolliday
07-20-2009, 10:17 AM
lets do this!!!!!!!!!!!! :Cool:

not thread jacking here but thought if you guys wanna another team, on yahoo i have my league. check it out.

whats the League ID and Password? i cant go to the link b/c im not in the league.

fisheraces
07-20-2009, 12:56 PM
I agree. Though this league is full now, there is a very good chance that many FNN patrons did not get to this thread in time. I think it would be very interesting to see another league started, and would give more for all to talk about!

To all in our league..............

Prepare for an arse whoopin!!!

Bring it!!!!!!

sweetfish
07-20-2009, 01:04 PM
Did you guys just hear that? I just opened the can of whoop arse that is going down this season. And yes Rusty, you are going down!!

troutdog
07-20-2009, 01:54 PM
Not a single player drafted and people are already talkin smack, love it! :ROFL:

TD

Stormcrow
07-21-2009, 02:10 PM
Im in for a free league guys

The Angler
07-21-2009, 04:18 PM
Im in for a free league guys

sorry u a little late for the premier FNN league but I think someone is making a AFL style bracket:EyePop:

Oz
07-21-2009, 07:56 PM

forgot to add the name and pw for the league its 233770 and thinkblue

rusty6
07-25-2009, 10:22 AM
aw autodraft!! booooooooo

sweetfish
07-27-2009, 08:24 AM
aw autodraft!! booooooooo

I agree with the autodraft.

Commish, is it possible to switch to live draft? I think that way it would be more fun, and that way we won't have people say they forgot to edit their rankings.

If not, it still will be a fun season kicking Slo-Towns fanny.

troutdog
07-27-2009, 09:07 AM

Commish, is it possible to switch to live draft? I think that way it would be more fun, and that way we won't have people say they forgot to edit their rankings.

I can look into to it, but quite honestly I would rather be fishing on a Saturday or Sunday than take a minimum of 2-3 hours drafting a team in a low stakes league. If we were talking big stakes then I would definitely be down for that, but this is basically just for fun. Worst case scenario maybe you can start a new thread recruiting people who did not get in this league who want a live draft?

Thanks for your input guys,

TD

sweetfish
07-27-2009, 09:22 AM
Good point TD. Did not think of the draft consuming that much time. Just keep it the way it is.

The Angler
07-27-2009, 10:12 AM

Ahh I thought we were going to do the draft also!!!!

TD I think we should have a vote. Also i thought everyone was going to put up $15.00 each for the prize pool.

10 x $15.00= $150.00 which is a pretty good amount to win for a little league.

I vote for a live draft!!!!:Cool:

troutdog
07-27-2009, 11:54 AM
Ahh I thought we were going to do the draft also!!!!

TD I think we should have a vote. Also i thought everyone was going to put up $15.00 each for the prize pool.

10 x $15.00= $150.00 which is a pretty good amount to win for a little league.

I vote for a live draft!!!!:Cool:

The league has a message board, lets start using it to discuss these matters in moving forward.

TD

troutdog
07-27-2009, 12:17 PM
The league has a message board, lets start using it to discuss these matters in moving forward.

TD

Topic started, feel free to weigh in over there....thanks.

TD

BingJr
07-27-2009, 06:33 PM
I tried to sign up but the friggen league is full. Dayummm!

troutdog
07-28-2009, 11:19 AM
I tried to sign up but the friggen league is full. Dayummm!

Considering your previous prognostication abilities (remember you buying into all the sports talk radio fodder and saying the Dodgers would be a total joke this season?), I think we simply saved you a couple of bucks....besides we have too many Cowboy fans in the league as it is :ROFL:

TD

BingJr
07-28-2009, 06:18 PM
I will conceed the doyers when they win the world series.

But football, now thats a real sport!!!!!!

troutdog
07-28-2009, 06:28 PM
But football, now thats a real sport!!!!!!

Sue tells me the same thing, but I think she is referring to a different sport all together :Wink:

TD

BingJr
07-29-2009, 07:58 AM
Sue tells me the same thing, but I think she is referring to a different sport all together :Wink:

TD

Yes, and the one she is referring to is not a real sport!

Its so confusing!:Confused:

socalfish
07-29-2009, 05:57 PM
i am up for both paid or free. im been on espn for awhile now there set up is sweet. another site i play on is rotohog.com little different set up but still cool!

The Angler
08-27-2009, 11:41 AM
Lets try to keep this updated with the league news guys:Cool:

troutdog
08-27-2009, 11:51 AM
Lets try to keep this updated with the league news guys:Cool:

There is currently a 10 way tie for last place.....

TD

The Angler
09-03-2009, 02:13 PM
There is currently a 10 way tie for last place.....

TD

Haha well we got 2 more weeks until kick off. Even though i believe i got robbed in the draft I will still Go UNDEFEATED!!!!!!!!!:Wink:

troutdog
09-03-2009, 05:51 PM
There is one spot left in a yahoo league my friend is running, it is a freebie....anyone interested?

TD

socalfish
09-03-2009, 05:54 PM
im up for it!

troutdog
09-03-2009, 06:25 PM
im up for it!

PM sent!

TD

Santa Fe Eric
09-15-2009, 01:21 AM
Week 1
The Santa Fe Saints are edged out 84-90 by the Los Angeles OZ.
I sat and watched in horror as the OZ' Tom Brady threw for 2 TD's in the last 5 minutes. Those were worth at least 10 Fantasy points.
I was crushed that Santa Fe Saints' T.O. was held to 4 points by the Patriots defense.
The Chargers finished me off by not allowing Nate Kaeding to get in field goal position!

This was my first game as a Fantasy player and it made the whole weekend of Pro football alot more fun.
Other members of the FNN ESPN Fantasy Football Leaguecan post about their games if they want to.

Good Win Oz :Envious:

sweetfish
09-15-2009, 12:10 PM
If it wasn't for Drew Brees, my matchup with SloTown would have been alot closer. Thank you Brees for the 6 TD"s.

The Angler
09-15-2009, 04:04 PM
Got beat bad, was expecting it though. Plus my starting QB has cracked ribs:Sad: Anyone got a spare qb up for trade?

sweetfish
09-15-2009, 04:42 PM
I am willing to give Matt Ryan up.

troutdog
09-16-2009, 10:28 AM
Week 1 victory over BaadFish lead by the arm of Tony Romo(I have a cowboy on my team? wth),the Titan defense and anchored by KC reciever Dwayne Bowe the deal was sealed!

TD

rusty6
09-16-2009, 10:29 AM
im willing to trade roethfgadflgjasdfgerger for any sort of wr

The Angler
09-25-2009, 12:04 PM
Wow I was totally screwed by the auto draft. 0-2:Confused:

Been trying to make it work with people from waivers hopefully I'll get my first win this week its looking promising:Twisted:

The Angler
12-16-2009, 07:20 PM
Wow I ve went a long way from that last post. Im bout to take the championship title soon!!!:Twisted:

rusty6
12-17-2009, 03:58 PM
ha ha ha, doubtful

sweetfish
12-17-2009, 04:24 PM
Umm, sorry bro the Sun City Surfing Bros are taking it all just like when I took the fantasy baseball title. J/K good luck this week.

rusty6
12-18-2009, 03:08 PM
sorry, but im about to pull out a miracle win this week and then earn back to back fnn fantasy football titles

The Angler
12-18-2009, 05:33 PM
Plz have u seen the score im up by about 40 points already this week!!

rusty6
12-21-2009, 10:28 AM
what did i say about miracle win?

troutdog
12-27-2009, 11:08 AM
what did i say about miracle win?

Well you are going to need another miracle this week, because "Team TD" is ready to lay the smack down and make it stick!

Nice try Angler and Sweetfish...maybe next year!

TD

The Angler
12-29-2009, 05:21 PM
Yea I thought I had it in the bag this year, did pretty godd considering I got all my players of the waiver wire!!!

troutdog
12-29-2009, 06:13 PM
Yea I thought I had it in the bag this year, did pretty godd considering I got all my players off the waiver wire!!!

That is where fantasy sports titles are won and loss my friend....

TD

rusty6
12-29-2009, 08:18 PM
other than peyton, all my starters in the final have either been traded for or picked up...its carried me until now. good season td, pm me your address again please

troutdog
12-29-2009, 08:43 PM
other than peyton, all my starters in the final have either been traded for or picked up...its carried me until now. good season td, pm me your address again please

It ain't over yet....stranger things have happend!

TD