PDA

View Full Version : A New Masters Champion is Crowned!

VineAssist
04-11-2009, 04:04 PM
Today was the Masters Championship in which a new Masters Champion would be crowned. At stake was $1,000 dollars put up by Irvine Lake, the Masters Trophy, The Jacket, and of course the one year free admission into Irvine Lake. The field of 62 anglers where prime and ready. In this field there where many familiar faces: Dr Hook, Aaron "Erin" "Troutdog" Titeleman, Scott Noseworthy, Robert Avemaria, Adrian "Lengusta" Pintor, Chris Rhodes, I could go on for a long time. I would like to thank all the participants in this event and all the tournaments you guys truly made this a memroable year for myself, Daniella and our staff and for that we can not thank you enough.
Hosting this event and doing a ton of work behind the scenes was nonother than Daniela "Vineline' Gavaldon. This is her second year running this event and each year she strives to make this event one of the PREMIERE events held anywhere. I cant tell you how many phone calls and emails we recieved on this event. She is all ready working on next years event! Daniela also served as emcee for this event.
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o24/irvinelake/Emcee.jpg
Now for the results of the Masters. With a lot of unbelieavable sticks on the water we expected a all drag out slug fest to the end! I personally called our supplier, Calavares Trout Farms, and asked for some monsters for this event. He told me that would not be a problem. The fish started coming in at 7:00am with 3.0lbers dominating the scale. Robert Avemaria had the lead for a good two hours with a 3.8! Everybody was in shock could Robert really pull off a back to back championship?
All of the sudden we see Scott Nosewothy running up the scales with a really good sized fish! Scott was on cloud nine even before the fish could hit the scale. The scale where set and Scott put the fish on the scale, which read 15.2lbs! Scott fish was caught from Woody's Cove on Spring Green Power bait, a sz 18 treble, with the smallest BB shot he could find, a Shimano Slade reel, and American Premiere rod, and 3lb Max. Scott related to me "The fish where a little bit sketchy today. I switched spots "Woodys Cove" and put on the smallest shot I could find. I did not want any fish to feel the weight when I got bit!" Here is the picture of Scott's beast!
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o24/irvinelake/ScottNoseworthy.jpg
From there on out it was a waiting game for the rest of the field and for Scott. The lake was a buzz with Scott's 15.2! As more and more of the qualfiers poured into the scales it looked better and better for Scott. The final weigh in was at 2:00pm and nobody could top Scotts fish. It gives me great pleasure to introduce to you the 2009 Irvine Lake Masters Champion Scott Noseworthy!
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o24/irvinelake/DaniandScott.jpg
Scott is pictured with Daniela recieving his trophy, jacket, Phenix rod, the Cash and of course his one year admission pass to Irvine Lake. To everyone that has not had the pleasure of fishing with Scott or getting to know him he is hands down one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. Scott participated in everyone of our tournaments and felt heartbreak a couple of times losing by mere ounces. His kid actually placed in one of our tournaments with a 9.9lb. Scott was the net man on that fish and was left wondering when would be his turn? Scott qualifed on our very last tournament, The April Fools event, in which he finished in 3rd place with a 5.8. Scott fished at least twice a week when he could! All I can say is "Congratulations your earned!"
Here is a picture of Scott with his trophy and his fish!
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o24/irvinelake/Champandhisfish.jpg
The top three all of which earned Phenix Rods!
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o24/irvinelake/TopThree.jpg
A side note I was very impressed with last years Champion Robert Avemaria. He fished with a ton of people this year and really got to know this lake. When he was finally ousted from his thrown as Masters Champion he was very gracious in defeat. He took the time to take pictures with Scott and vows to come back next year and make a run at it. Scott and Robert are good friends and it shows in the next picture.To me this is what compeition is all about.
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o24/irvinelake/Champs.jpg
We here at Irvine Lake would like to thank all of our sponsers and they are as follows!
Pure Fishing (Berkley, Stren, Gulp!)
VMC
Rapala
and of Course Phenix Rods!
For those of you that have not had the experience of fishing a Phenix. I would highly recommend them. They are truly one of the higher end rods on the market. I would personally like to thank Jeff and Jason at Phenix for their devotion to Irvine Lake. You guys donated thousands of dollars in raffle prizes and where always their when we need swag or rods for giveaways. You guys are amazing!
To those who did not qualify! We are going to be doing this event again next year. Daniela and myself are commited to bring everyone the absolute best tournaments we can. We are always looking to make this event bigger and better each year. Who knows who will be the champ next year?
But for now it is Mr. Scott Noseworthy! Once again I would like to congratulate Scott!
Here he is once again your 2009 Masters Champion!
Scott Noseworthy
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o24/irvinelake/ScottNoseworthy.jpg

the fish taco
04-11-2009, 06:15 PM
CONGRATS SCOTT!!!!!!!! Glad you won it!!!!!! See you at The Longfin!!!!!!!

Skaguy04
04-11-2009, 07:58 PM
Congrats!!!!

Nice fish there!

smokindrags
04-11-2009, 08:41 PM
congrats,with that year pass hope to see and fish with you on the lake good job:Smile:

GET DA NET
04-11-2009, 09:09 PM
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l3/shinmin/congratulations.gif

FISHSTIX
04-11-2009, 09:38 PM
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l3/shinmin/congratulations.gif

.......x2!

Marley
04-11-2009, 10:19 PM
Congratulations Scott! That's the way that kind of contest should be decided: hands down and with no doubt about it.

fishndrinknsmokin
04-12-2009, 09:14 AM
Nice monster there Scott! Congratulations on the big win!!

doctorhook
04-12-2009, 09:32 AM
Congratulations Scott!!!!!

Sue
04-12-2009, 11:17 AM
Congratulations, Scott!

SteveH
04-12-2009, 12:04 PM
Congrats Scott...
What a great looking fish.
I'm gonna get one of these big guys yet.
tight lines....

diamondbear
04-12-2009, 04:51 PM
CONGRATS. Scott , you put your time in on the water no doubt for this award . NICE LOOKING FISH . // db

basscatcher
04-12-2009, 05:07 PM
congrats , man that is a full tail, that thing must of fought really hard.

God Bless

basscatcher

"HE HAS RISEN"

Mondo21
04-12-2009, 06:49 PM
WOW!!! What a Beast! Congrats Scott!!! Cindy:Razz:

Troutman65
04-12-2009, 07:30 PM
Scott, I want to say congrats Brother!! I have been there all trout Season and watch you fish all the tourneys. You finally qualified at the " Last Chance Tourney " By the Hair of your Chinny Chin Chin. I have watched you miss out on placing in most of the tourneys buy a few oz. You never gave up , held your head high and hoped that you would make it. You did !!! Then you came form behind and took the Irvine Lake Masters like the CHAMP you are !!! I am so proud of you and glad you had your day . Its not every day someone wins the title of Irvine Lake Master !!!! Looking forward to seeing you on the water the next year.

Hitts0n
04-12-2009, 09:00 PM
And we have a new winner ! :Worship:

Gmoney
04-13-2009, 09:02 AM
Great Day Scott - Major Props on that big fish and the Championship
Well deserved!

I cant say enough nice things about the event that the Vine put on this weekend. From Friday evening on we were well taken care of. Excellent people, A+ coordination, and tons of good food! This is exactly why Irvine is such a great place. Oh yeah...the fishing was great too.

Thanks to everyone that helped make this year's Masters such a great time!!

Poxy Boggards
04-13-2009, 09:42 AM
Congrats To the New Master! That has to be one of the best lookiing large fish to come out of the lake this season. Maybe next year will be my year to qualify for the masters...

Granny Fish
04-13-2009, 09:57 AM
Congratulations Scott on your Master's Tournement win.

kewlwhip
04-13-2009, 10:04 AM
-thats sweet, congratulations!
gotta get my lines wet soon..hmmm :Wink:

BRING IT
04-13-2009, 08:17 PM
hey all scott here. i thank u all very much. im still in aww. :Surprised::Shocked: see ya on the water.

Gmoney
04-13-2009, 08:44 PM
hey all scott here. i thank u all very much. im still in aww. :Surprised::Shocked: see ya on the water.

that is by far the best first post by any fnn member
sooooo awesome

let me be the first to say....
welcome to the boards scott!!!

G$

Troutman65
04-14-2009, 12:30 AM

Scott, Welcome to FNN. Glad you made it. You are the Man of the hour !!! :Wink:

Patrick

troutdog
04-14-2009, 10:51 AM
Congratulations Scott, a great job out there and a well deserved win! Hope you take advantage of the year pass as much as Robert was able to...see you at the lake!

TD