PDA

View Full Version : Kinami

tacklejunkie
04-11-2009, 11:17 AM
what do you guys think about the GYCB Kinami worms you can get at walmart? Ran out of Senkos and was in Walmart this morning so figured I'd give them a shot..
Might go on another flyline mission here pretty soon :Smile:

Oh, also picked up some expensive (4lb 100yrds for $10) trilene fluoro to try for the heck of it.. Hopefully it's usable.
Will be comparing to normal Vanish blue box FC that I've been using at $6 for 100yrds. of 4lb.

JP
04-11-2009, 02:05 PM
Kinami baits are also made by Yamamoto.

Astrolux
04-11-2009, 03:19 PM
I was wondering if these were just as good of quality also. Its two bucks cheaper for the kinami senkos.

SamFisher
04-11-2009, 03:31 PM
Gary makes the Senko's and his son makes the Kinami's.
The Senko's are a bit softer and doesn't last as long.
The price is less also. Those two reasons make the Kinami's
a better buy.

SamFisher

calico killer kevin
04-11-2009, 04:16 PM
Might be a confidence thing, but I haven't caught anything on them. I have caught fish on the Yamamotos though, and quite a few. The ikas in just about and color are KILLER.

That Dang Guy
04-11-2009, 04:59 PM
I've caught some on both. IMO they're basically the same minus the color offerings. Also, Kinamis are cheaper, but you get less per bag.

Socal Bassman
04-11-2009, 05:36 PM
As everyone has mentioned already. The Kinami's are softer and cost $2 less. Just keep in mind that you are getting 7 in a bag instead of 10. They do work though. As good as the Senko? Close, but I prefer the Yamamoto's.

Astrolux
04-12-2009, 10:16 AM
I was doing a little Google search yesterday, and some people said they like to use the Wave Worm Tiki Stick also. Walmart has em for $3.99 a 10 pack. Might be worth a try at least.

HEMAN
04-12-2009, 11:52 AM
they are all getting pretty close.. Ebay has guys selling "stick baits" like 50 count bags for $10 i think

Skyler
04-13-2009, 10:08 AM
I've been using the Strike King ones for the last year and haven't noticed any difference in action from the real senkos. The Kinamis are a bit stiffer, but that may be better for wacky rigging and WO bites. They'll definitely outlast the Yamamoto senkos. Have you tryed the original Sluggos? I used to tear it up with those things.

craznazn
04-13-2009, 10:13 AM
I've caught some on both. IMO they're basically the same minus the color offerings. Also, Kinamis are cheaper, but you get less per bag.

Ditto......

lurk 182
04-13-2009, 03:09 PM
the gary's are softer and therefore have a little more action, but they do get torn up. with everything it takes to get on the water, i'm not worried about saving seventy five cents on worms.

dockboy
04-14-2009, 02:06 PM
They act fairly similiar. The Flash has a bit more of an even fall that a Senko. Its falls pretty much dead horizontal without too much wiggle, whereas with a Senko you get the ends wiggling and more of a sliding fall. Both work well, and I havent found the fish to particularly set for one or the other on a good stickbait bite.