PDA

View Full Version : Headed to Mammoth

Fishbrains
04-11-2009, 06:44 AM
Gonna get a cabin on June Lake, haven't been there before but have fished Mammoth before, any tips? Thanks

fishslayer01
04-11-2009, 07:57 AM
If you float tube be sure to hit June, Gull and Silver, fish near the swim beach at June, near the rear launch ramp at Gull and near the outlet at Silver.
Should be okay shore fishing as well and I am sure that the creeks will be loaded, use small spinners and jigs and dont handle anything that you are going to release...
and remember, bait is for women and children ;)

Fishbrains
04-11-2009, 01:47 PM
Thanks alot for the info, soo much for my folgers can of worms!

OnShore
04-11-2009, 06:06 PM
FYI, June Lake fishing opens April 25.

smokinflies
04-11-2009, 10:24 PM
If you float tube be sure to hit June, Gull and Silver, fish near the swim beach at June, near the rear launch ramp at Gull and near the outlet at Silver.
Should be okay shore fishing as well and I am sure that the creeks will be loaded, use small spinners and jigs and dont handle anything that you are going to release...
and remember, bait is for women and children ;)

don't forget about the inlet at silver lake, fishslayer. caught many around the inlet area. tubing or boat is the way to go.

only a few more weeks till opener. it's gonna be off the hook.

good luck in the sierras.

fishslayer01
04-12-2009, 11:24 AM
don't forget about the inlet at silver lake, fishslayer. caught many around the inlet area. tubing or boat is the way to go.
isnt the inlet very shallow? I mean like only a foot deep?

King Halibut
04-13-2009, 08:21 AM
Are plastics considered "bait"?
Don't want to be considered a woman or a child!
I'll have to shave my legs and put on a skirt.

KH

fishslayer01
04-13-2009, 09:43 AM
No plastics are not considered bait, at least the way that I do it... trout worms, mini jigs anything that can be fished on a jig head.

Basicly if you need a treble hook and a rod holder you are not fishing, you are waiting and baiting. :D

King Halibut
04-13-2009, 10:23 AM
Slayer,

Good, I would hate to be accused of being a baiter and waiter!
Although I do enjoy a good bait and wait every once and a while.

PS - Headin' to Convict on 18 May and will probably do a little/lot of both. I'll be sure to bring the skirt and heels!

KH

fishslayer01
04-14-2009, 12:36 AM
Headin' to Convict on 18 May and will probably do a little/lot of both. I'll be sure to bring the skirt and heels!
lol...
I am hoping to get up for the opener, if I do I will be sure and post a report...