PDA

View Full Version : I had to go to LNL one more time

violenthelm
04-10-2009, 04:23 PM
I just got a brand new bass rod from Bubba at the Fred Hall show and I was going to head to Skinner for some stripers BUT with the last stocking of trout this week at LNL( sorry Bubba) , I had to get one more trout trip in me. Even though I live two minutes from Skinner I hit the road at 5am for Laguna. I took my tube with me and hit the flats. It was tougher than usual today. No rain, a little wind and not too many people out today. I was told by the lake manager that 1000 lbs of emeralds, 1000lbs of ca goldens, and 500lbs of big boys went in Monday night. I got a few of the bigger fish on white PB, garlic PB, pink and chartruse power worms today. Took three fatties home for my smoker and left at 12:30. That lake kicked serious butt for me this year. I did a few skunkers at Irvine this season but LNL was always good to me. Lots of fun fighting fish and a great lake for tubing. The shore was slow but steady. The flats by the ramp was the hot spot, lots of PB in different colors. Good Luck!!!

ghost2uu
04-10-2009, 04:30 PM
Bubbas Hot Rods are pretty kick-@$$ how big were your big fish????

violenthelm
04-11-2009, 08:45 PM
The smallest was about 3.5. The largest was close to or right about 5lb. I got that one as I was taking my fins off at the launch ramp. My line was still out. I took a few pics, I will try to post them tomorrow.

FISHSTIX
04-11-2009, 09:06 PM
nice job out there!
skinner seems to be heating up.:Secret: