PDA

View Full Version : Update on Petition for DVL

megan@lastchance
04-10-2009, 11:08 AM
Hey everyone, we are sooo close. We are at 985 signatures, just 15 more!!! Also checked this morning about the meeting and thankfully the time got changed to noon on Tuesday, the 14th. I'm very happy about that as I don't have to leave at 6am to get there :Smile: Also if anyone can be there I would so appreciate it. Hopefully by the end of this weekend we will be well over 1000 signatures. Here is the link again:

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/diamond-valley-lake-launch-ramp.html

icachum2
04-10-2009, 03:28 PM
I signed, hope it works out...

Rooster
04-10-2009, 09:36 PM
Signed as well. Better late the never :EyePop: Hope for the best :Wink:

megan@lastchance
04-13-2009, 04:30 PM
Hey everyone we are over 1000 signatures:Big Grin: Thanks to everyone for the support. I will wait until tomorrow morning to print it out so if there is anyone that hasn't signed please do so. I will be there by noon tomorrow hope to see some of you there..... Will update when I get back and let you all know what happened. Hope for the best.

Megan

THROWBACK RANGER
04-13-2009, 05:11 PM
Im on the band wagon!!!!!

LunkerLover
04-13-2009, 06:17 PM
My god I hope this works. I can NOT wait to get back out there. :Crying:

lurk 182
04-14-2009, 04:38 PM
so Megan, what did they say? we'll have a new ramp by the fourth of July:Smile:

PHISHnutS
04-14-2009, 05:47 PM
Too bad we still need the water to actually come up to reach a new launch ramp. Word on the street is it will continue to drop through the summer :Sad:

I signed the petition and will hope for the best.

megan@lastchance
04-14-2009, 06:04 PM
Hey everyone, went to the board meeting today along with Lynne Peterson. Thank her so much for going, if not for her I would of been there by myself. Anyways, I did my speech and gave the petition to them. I don't have a lot of feedback at this point, of course they thanked me for my comments and said they feel its important to get the fishery reopened. Exchanged a couple of comments. So I have emailed a gentlemen on the board and asked some questions on what to do next and how to get feedback from the petition. When I hear a response I will update. Again I want to thank everyone for the support on this.

Megan

lurk 182
04-14-2009, 06:30 PM
thanks Megan, i hope the petition has some effect. this could not have happenned at a more difficult time when almost every government agency is dealing with some kind of budget shortfall already, but i think we need access to affordable recreation worse than ever.

BassLady
04-14-2009, 06:51 PM
thanks for all your hard work, we can only do so much

JENSEN500
04-14-2009, 07:10 PM
Megan,i apologize for not showing up but did talk to dan today and he made a great point.There needs to be more pro-active people in this,and i am as guilty as anyone, but he also said to take a look at PETA and the tree huggers.Alot of us hate thier beliefs and what they stand for but thier success is based on one thing........passoin and support. When they want to accomplish somehting,they not only sign a petition,they make a showing and take over the joint,makeing thier point in top fashion.I guess what im trying to say is that you need more support than a signature! The public will have only one to blame.....themselves! If we want something to happen,we need to make it happen! If you want a job you cant expect to get a call for one an employer by mearly dropping off an application.The sqeeky wheel will get the grease.Perhaps all of us who went fishing today should have been by your side instead.

Im guilty and i thank you as well as lynne for doing this work,but we all need to participate.

You cant complain about the law if you didnt vote!

Thanks again,jeff

P.S. Im very suprised there weren't more guides and boat dealership reps there to support you.You would think they would be more supportive since thier livelyhoods are affected,or are they?