PDA

View Full Version : Corona Lake 4/9/09

JHDucky
04-10-2009, 09:41 AM
I had the pleasure of taking my son, Sister-in-Law and the children of her niece that she was watching this week while they are on break from school. We rented a pontoon for the day and fished mostly the area across from the boat dock. We were on the water by 6:30 in the morning and had the first fish of the day by 7:00. This is a picture of the second one I caught, it has an unusal shape for a trout, BTW it was a Tailwalker and put up a great fight for a 2.5 pounder.
http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt55/JHDucky/HPIM0717.jpg
We ended that day with a total of 10 in the basket. It was great to see the young ones catching fish yesterday. My son lost three good size ones when the 2 pound leaders got broken off and each child lost one each. It has been about 10 years since my son went fishing and like the children didn't know how to hold the pole and fight the fish till it was tired. I switched over to three pound test leaders and they lost fewer fish. We caught all of them on either garlic or charetruse Power Bait. Caught three of them using the Power Mouse setup. All baits were dipped in a garlic oil.
http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt55/JHDucky/HPIM0727-1.jpg
As a side note has anyone else had trouble tying up the anchor rope on a rental boat where the only place to tie up to is a rail our seat support? I thought up this idea the other day. I tied a short piece of rope to the rail then tied a "one-handed" square knot to the anchor rope? For us it worked pretty good yesterday. Even when the breeze was pushing the other pontoons around yesterday we stayed put.
http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt55/JHDucky/HPIM0712.jpg

The Angler
04-10-2009, 03:10 PM
Yea them damn rental toons never stay put lol. Everytime we go we get a toon and after we fish for about 20 mins we notice were trollin it haha they need to get bigger anchors.

Fisherman57
04-12-2009, 10:49 AM
Awesome report JH!.....

Getting the kids on some fish and spending the day with them is what this sport is all about, KUDOS to you! VERY NICE!

THANKS FOR SHARING!

I hope to meet you and your family at a TEAM 57 event someday soon!

Dana
Fisherman 57

Santa Fe Eric
04-12-2009, 06:06 PM
Great Read and Pictures!
Thank you for sharing!

Santa Fe Eric

boxl0bster
04-13-2009, 12:37 AM
good job on all the fish!!! glad you and your family had such a great day out on the water. :Smile:

lol i just noticed the please no skunk badge you have on.

JHDucky
04-13-2009, 04:12 AM
Thanks for the replys.
The Angler Yes bigger anchors than they use on the motor boats would be nice.
Dana I do look forward to meeting you and as many of the FNN/Team 57 family that I can.
BoxL0bster I made the patch on my wife's sewing machine. Since I have been out of work I learned how to use it instead of sitting and watching TV. She would not be happy if I fished as much as I really want to right now.

Trout Nine
04-13-2009, 06:50 PM
Nice report and Pics! WTG on getting the little ones out on a stringer.