PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone give me insight for DVL

Ifishtoolittle
04-09-2009, 11:59 PM
I'm going with my family on one of the pontoons this Sunday and I just wanted to know what is biting aside from stripers is there anything that would kill the :Skunk:. I'm looking for anything really bass, panfish, trout, kitties, etc. Please help, thanks!

-Ifishtoolittle

samgann93
04-10-2009, 08:24 AM
drophot roboworms. try east dam (especially around ladders)

Nessie Hunter
04-10-2009, 08:54 AM
Just want to catch fish???
Check out the DVL Catfish report from Trolly & Pontoon..

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?t=31619

WFO on great catfish....

jd
04-10-2009, 10:40 AM
Bring 4 and 6lb. tackle, fish small worms/grubs, fish shallow, fish crawlers[everything eats them], fish slow, fish quiet and keep moving. If you catch a catfish there will be more cats in the area.

Seakot
04-10-2009, 04:12 PM
Just fished D.V.L. Wed. Fishing can be tuff if you don't know the lake.... as I found out. Not a bite for me. I got blown off the lake by 1:30! I did talk to some locals that fish there twice a week. They did ok. Just stay with black grape robo worms! Drop shot the smaller ones and Texas rig the 7''. You can try to fish shallow, but the odds are better 15' to 25'. Also you can sight fish. It's a good way to waste time. The 2 to 3 pound males have lock jaw. Try 6 of your best baits, you will see. If you get the bait right on the tip of there nose you may hook one. Fish the Robo's slow...... Tight Lines........

Ifishtoolittle
04-11-2009, 02:17 AM
Just fished D.V.L. Wed. Fishing can be tuff if you don't know the lake.... as I found out. Not a bite for me. I got blown off the lake by 1:30! I did talk to some locals that fish there twice a week. They did ok. Just stay with black grape robo worms! Drop shot the smaller ones and Texas rig the 7''. You can try to fish shallow, but the odds are better 15' to 25'. Also you can sight fish. It's a good way to waste time. The 2 to 3 pound males have lock jaw. Try 6 of your best baits, you will see. If you get the bait right on the tip of there nose you may hook one. Fish the Robo's slow...... Tight Lines........

Welcome to the board! And thatnks for all the info everyone!

GoBlue
04-11-2009, 10:10 AM
was there this week on a rental, and it was slow for almost everybody i talked to. I tried to fish all the areas which used to produce for me in years past, but DVL today is a completely different lake than even a year ago due to water fluctuation.

my one fish was off morning dawn worm dropshotted off the east side of "the point" in about 25 feet of water. it was a beautiful fish, but i definetly had to work for it.

cold cold weather when i was there. if it stays cold, slow down, go deep (20-40 feet) for the staging mommas.

Ifishtoolittle
04-12-2009, 12:37 AM
Thanks for all your info guys! Hopefully I will have a good day.