PDA

View Full Version : manhatten beach pier mackeral help please.

lilmystery246
04-09-2009, 03:35 PM
im going tonight to get some mackeral and hopefully sharks. hows the mackeral bite there?

bsp
04-09-2009, 04:55 PM
The mackerel bite has been really bad from what my friends have been saying. They were trying to make bait, and could only get a few. They know what they're doing, so I am fairly sure the macs just weren't there. The shark bite has been bad as well, but there always is a chance of hooking one in the off season. I've done it, so it's possible. I wouldn't get your hopes up too much though, since it rained in the South Bay this week with more rain predicted for tonight and tomorrow. That tends to shut down the bite. Bring along some squid in case you can't make bait, and please release the sharks/rays (ie don't gaff them) if you get some.

gavin310
04-10-2009, 01:24 PM
i haven't been out there for a while, but the Redondo Pier was producing last time i was there a few weeks ago. the bite usually turns on at night. just use small pieces of squid on smaller sized hooks and you should be good. i used the same small piece of squid for like 10 mackerel once.

Poxy Boggards
04-17-2009, 09:43 AM
Those Mackeral love Large Mouth Bass filet. Just take some out of the freezer

victor101
04-17-2009, 11:20 AM
Those Mackeral love Large Mouth Bass filet. Just take some out of the freezer

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

I was at redondo a couple nights ago...wfo mack attack!