PDA

View Full Version : bolboa pier june 16

christainmetalhead909
06-17-2007, 09:34 AM
so we get fishing around 8, and we only catch a bunch of bait fish, there wew a lot of smelt, sardines, and maceral there. we also caught a skate on mac. that i didint take a pic of sorry but we staoped fishing at 12 because it was my girl friends birthday. but we come back around 9 to fish and we just got a bunch of mac wich is not worth taking pics of but this guy caught the biggest bat ray i have every seen and the were messin with it after they got it in deck., they cut off his tail and were shoving stuff down its mouth it was kinda sad i took a pic.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f33/christianmetalhead909/ah039.jpg

and in the morning there was a sea lion chasin the bait fish and my gf fed it here is a vid.

[url=http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f33/christianmetalhead909/?action=view&current=seal.flv:2b9b6]http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f33/christianmetalhead909/th_seal.jpg[/url:2b9b6]

sansou
06-17-2007, 10:34 AM
You should have reported them to DFG. You can get a ticket for crap like that.

Thanks for the report & pics.

SanDimasLMB
06-17-2007, 12:36 PM
Definetely report to the DFG, thats animal cruelty, not to sound like a PETA person but thats just F'ed up. Plus most Batrays will die if they loose their tails due to the fact that their tail's are their sole method of protecting themselve's

christainmetalhead909
06-17-2007, 12:39 PM
thanks guys, i really agree that is a stupid thing to do to any living thing. but how do i contact them is there a number. i really have never needed to call dfg before.

SanDimasLMB
06-17-2007, 02:38 PM
thanks guys, i really agree that is a stupid thing to do to any living thing. but how do i contact them is there a number. i really have never needed to call dfg before.

Hell YES there is a number! 1-888-334-2258

one_leg
06-17-2007, 03:33 PM
Poor thing!

One_Leg

christainmetalhead909
06-17-2007, 10:14 PM
thanks sandimaslmb i will definatly call if i ever see anything messed up like that again.

spiceguy
06-18-2007, 12:45 PM
That's one of the reasons that I don't fish off the pier. Too many idiots that I'd have to "deal with". I'd like to shove something down those bastards throats.

Wingnut
06-18-2007, 01:34 PM
Sick bastards! :evil:

christainmetalhead909
06-18-2007, 10:59 PM
spice guy,

where would a good place to be to fish besides the pier?

G-Man
06-18-2007, 11:27 PM
Anywhere is better than the pier, sometimes. Yep, pierfishing is like kissing your sister. I just saw a mud marlin like that one in the surf from the Newport pier. Yep, most of those people are cretins, low life ghetto lurkers. If I were king of the world, they would be banned from all socal beaches. Locals only! The DFG pays no attention to pier angling, I can vouch from experience. I caught the snaggers taking short White Seabass about two years ago, and they said they had to dispach someone from Riverside, the dispacher was in Sacramento, I had to spell Newport for the guy. :twisted: :roll: I waited, and no one showed. :evil:

christainmetalhead909
06-19-2007, 08:44 AM
WHAT THE HELL MAN, WHITE SEA BASS SNAGGNED, THAT IS REALLY NOT RIGHT, AND SOME ONE FROM RIVERSIDE IS REALLY TO FAR. THAT SUCKS MAN. YA I HAVE NOTICED THAT MOST PEOPLE THAT FISH THE PIERS HAVE NO RESPECT FOR OTHERS OR FISH. ITS REALLY SAD.

bigfishlittlefish
06-19-2007, 09:25 AM
Yep, most of those people are cretins, low life ghetto lurkers.

YA I HAVE NOTICED THAT MOST PEOPLE THAT FISH THE PIERS HAVE NO RESPECT FOR OTHERS OR FISH.
I disagree. Many pier fishermen are decent people. Unfortunately, we tend to remember the flagrant violators more than the law-abiding ones. I have seen many toss back undersized or otherwise illegal catch. Sometimes after showing it off to their family/friends, and sometimes after a reminder from yours truly. I have also asked strangers to keep an I on my gear while I go to the restrooms, which is often. I have yet to lose any of my gear. Don't let a few bad apples taint ur perception of pier fishermen.

Sorry for :soapbox: but I have fond memories fishing on a pier as a kid & still pier fish a couple of times a year. I, and many of the people I have met over the years, are not cretins.

bflf

one_leg
06-19-2007, 11:00 AM
I agree with the above statement, by bflf, wholeheartedly!

One_Leg

spiceguy
06-19-2007, 11:12 AM
spice guy,

where would a good place to be to fish besides the pier?

Try the beach. We call it "surf fishing". :D I live a half a block from the bay & 1 block from the beach, so I usually just fish in the bay (harbor). Anywhere you can get to water is usually a good bet, like at the ends of the streets where they dead end into the bay. There's also several public docks, here & there............good luck. :D

christainmetalhead909
06-19-2007, 01:13 PM
yes there are plenty of people there that abide by all the laws but it just seems that i remember the ones who dont more than the ones that do, i really never see people treating fish that way any where else though.

spiceguy,

hoe do you deal with the waves breaking right on your line the whole time when you surf fish?

spiceguy
06-19-2007, 04:14 PM
You get used to it. :wink:

PM sent...

bigfishlittlefish
06-19-2007, 10:12 PM
they cut off his tail and were shoving stuff down its mouth
There are some sick people out there.

bflf