PDA

View Full Version : Nick Adenhart Angel Pitcher Killed after last nights game.

wellbilldancesays
04-09-2009, 08:24 AM
Horrible news. Nick Adenhart, 22 who just pitched six shut out inning for the Angels was killed by a hit run hours after the game.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/04/09/nick-adenhart-angels-pitc_n_185133.html

Man this really sucks, what a shock. Just starting his life and now it's over. Sicking.

Be sure you enjoy every minute , you never know.

RIP Nick.

fishslayer01
04-09-2009, 08:38 AM
wasnt a fan killed in a fight at Angel stadium on Tuesday night as well?
what the hell is going on?!?!?

sweetfish
04-09-2009, 09:06 AM
And to think this guy who ran the red light fled the scene on foot. I hope this guy goes to jail for awhile and hope he gets his butt sued big time. I know accidents do happen, but this was straight out negligence.

Sucks for a kid who was living out his dream.

wellbilldancesays
04-09-2009, 09:17 AM
Well the piece of crap hit and run driver was under the influence.

This state is classic. They pass a law making it illegal to drive while using a cell phone passing it off like they're making it safer for us to drive when in actuality it just a BS tool to raise revenue.

Wanna make our streets safer and raise some revenue? How about staking the bars and busting the thousands and thousands of people driving drunk everyday?

Before people think I'm holier than thou. I have gotten a DUI and have driven drunk literally thousand of times I'm sure. Thank god I learned my lesson before I killed someone else or my self. My point is the chances of getting pulled over for a DUI is less than getting popped for being on your cell phone.
Stupid!

This state and the people in charge need to get their head out their a&& and start addressing the real problems.

hughpam
04-09-2009, 09:24 AM
Well said WBDS. Why driving drunk isn't a painful penalty crime, I'll never know. It's mostly the innocent who pay for that one. My son's real dad just got arrested for his 3rd DUI, the last two with a suspended license. He got 6 months, but served 3 hours. No kidding. He drives still, and drinks still.

The law makers have forgotten their obligation to protect the citizens in this arena, too.

Fisherman57
04-09-2009, 09:38 AM
What a sad story this is.....

THREE very young lives with bright futures taken away by a irresponsible young driver with no regard for others.

Andrew Thomas Gallo, 22, of Riverside and he will face charges of manslaughter, felony driving under the influence and hit-and-run.

Gallo, who caused the fatal accident has an arrest history of DUI and at the time of the crash they say they believe he was driving on a suspended license because of a prior drunk driving conviction. They also say at the time of this morning's crash the driver was under the influence. Law enforcement says he will be booked on felony hit and run, felony DUI, vehicular manslaughter and possibly murder.

He should be charged with THREE counts of murder IMO.

This guy has a history of being drunk and should receive the maximum penalty.
http://www.tmz.com/2009/04/09/this-is-the-guy-who-caused-the-adenhart-crash/

My sincerest condolences to the Adenhart family and to the families of Courtney Stewart and Henry Nigel Pearson who also lost their lives in this horrific crash. The lone survivor is Jon Wilhite (a former baseball star at Cal State Fullerton) he is in critical condition at UC Irvine Medical Center and in the intensive care unit.

What a senseless tragedy.

tpfishnfool
04-09-2009, 09:45 AM
Very sad and wastefull story.. RIP #34

lurk 182
04-09-2009, 10:20 AM
you have got to be kidding me. i was just thinking how good he looked last night and what a great pickup he was. what's going on lately? talk about highs and lows on the same night.

Wingnut
04-09-2009, 10:27 AM
Much sadness... I heard it on the radio on my drive to work this morning, couldn't believe it. :Neutral: He had a great game last night.

Mrmedia
04-09-2009, 12:29 PM
That sucks. Wow. This is a mad world. Hope the best for his family dealing with his death. RIP #34.

Hope that Gallo guy gets life with no parole.

Lightning
04-09-2009, 06:36 PM
Terrible tragedy.

ThemBastards
04-09-2009, 07:28 PM
Yeah. Wow.